2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Lawrence Stroll has made an offer for shares in distressed Aston Martin. GPToday can reveal that.

In the first half of 2019, Aston Martin lost £ 80 million. The share price is currently around £ 5, which is a lot lower than the peak of £ 17. The current major shareholder, Strategic European Investment Group, owns around one-third of the company.

Racing Point may become Aston Martin Racing

Should the purchase be finalized, this will have consequences for both Red Bull Racing and Racing Point. Buying into Aston Martin would give Stroll the opportunity to use the Aston Martin Racing name for its Formula 1 team, which is currently still known as Racing Point. Red Bull Racing is currently still sponsored by Aston Martin, but the acquisition could end this collaboration.
If this is going to happen, then the name .HONDA. can come up nicely big on the Red Bull car. \:D/ :D
The Power of Dreams!

izzy

Wouter wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 13:30
Lawrence Stroll has made an offer for shares in distressed Aston Martin. GPToday can reveal that.

In the first half of 2019, Aston Martin lost £ 80 million. The share price is currently around £ 5, which is a lot lower than the peak of £ 17. The current major shareholder, Strategic European Investment Group, owns around one-third of the company.

Should the purchase be finalized, this will have consequences for both Red Bull Racing and Racing Point. Buying into Aston Martin would give Stroll the opportunity to use the Aston Martin Racing name for its Formula 1 team, which is currently still known as Racing Point. Red Bull Racing is currently still sponsored by Aston Martin, but the acquisition could end this collaboration.
If this is going to happen, then the name .HONDA. can come up nicely big on the Red Bull car. \:D/ :D
Racefans has this story too. Great idea as far as i can see. Much better for Aston Martin and the RP team that'll be in green, and as you say for Honda. i always thought "Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Honda" was way too much of a mouthful, only Red Bull gets a mention mostly.

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 13:30

Should the purchase be finalized, this will have consequences for both Red Bull Racing and Racing Point.

5 min ago:
The share of automaker Aston Martin went up sharply on Thursday after rumors about a possible bid from billionaire Lawrence Stroll. According to Autocar Magazine, the owner of the Racing Point Formula 1 team is preparing a bid to acquire a majority stake in Aston Martin. This caused the automaker's share to increase by 18.25 percent to 5.95 British pounds (more than 7 euros).
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Makes you wonder how much Aston Martin is contributing to the F1 team budget. It's too bad the company is now seemingly a has-been. But the brand name still carries prestige and might be worth acquiring. Brands like Landover and McLaren have survived by adding affordable entry level models even well-doing middleclassers can afford. Would not be surprised if one came out before the company folds.

To the point of Honda branding, there's probably only the main rear wing to gain and the side of the safety structure. Honda likely won't pay for extra branding and Aston Martin probably needs the exposure more.
What if Honda/Acura acquired Aston Martin like they should have with Rover and produced luxury cars with Honda drivetrains under the hood. Get rid of "Acura".

etusch

ispano6 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 17:21
Makes you wonder how much Aston Martin is contributing to the F1 team budget. It's too bad the company is now seemingly a has-been. But the brand name still carries prestige and might be worth acquiring. Brands like Landover and McLaren have survived by adding affordable entry level models even well-doing middleclassers can afford. Would not be surprised if one came out before the company folds.

To the point of Honda branding, there's probably only the main rear wing to gain and the side of the safety structure. Honda likely won't pay for extra branding and Aston Martin probably needs the exposure more.
What if Honda/Acura acquired Aston Martin like they should have with Rover and produced luxury cars with Honda drivetrains under the hood. Get rid of "Acura".
Get rid of Acura for Aston Martin? Hell no. Shut down aston martin instead

Bill

Shut down Acura a money making brand for loss making entity that very clever ha.why would any reasonable person do that.Aston Martin is English it's debonair it's the best.

It's remarkable how people in so called western countries think,people pays a lot of money for BMW cars with M badges even though they don't involve themselves in motorsport of any significance .they not in f1 or wec or moto gp quite frankly they are chickens yet the likes of Honda who spend a lot in motorsport and winning are not perceived as good enough compared to their germany counterparts.

Wouter

A long article about RBR on AMuS. A piece from this article.

RB16 a big evolution

Red Bull knows that they still have a lot of work to do in order to catch up with Mercedes in all their relationships. No team understands the tires so well. No team makes so few mistakes. No team is as constant as the world champions. Red Bull's achievements are still too variable. 2019 was followed by a decent season start a high before the summer break, a low after the summer break and a final high.

Basic problem from Melbourne

The engineers were never able to eradicate the RB15's basic problem. The aerodynamics platform is not as stable as Mercedes. The engineers practice self-criticism: "We are still too susceptible to wind and temperature." These are two construction sites that one wants to clear out with the RB16.

The wing regulations for 2019 caught Red Bull on the wrong foot. The cars in front of the RB15 had always built on a strong front wing, which directed the air so targeted backwards and vortex toss that the underbody was sealed. Red Bull entered new territory with the simplified wings.
The engineers promise a big evolution. Next year, Red Bull must be capable of winning from the start. "Then it should be a great season. There could be a tight fight between Mercedes, Ferrari and us. "

According to Red Bull, the performance deficit has shrunk to Mercedes in the racing trim in horsepower range. Only Ferrari has more HP. Ex-partner Renault is last.

But the Milton Keynes team does not just dream of the World Drivers' Championship. Red Bull also wants to race for first place in the Constructors' World Championship. It takes a second strong driver next Verstappen. Alexander Albon needs to take a step in 2020. By 2019, Red Bull had been a one-man team for too long. Pierre Gasly, who was replaced at the middle of the season, could not cope with the sharp handling of the RB15 at all. That only managed Verstappen.
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... evolution/
Last edited by Wouter on 05 Dec 2019, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

diffuser

ispano6 wrote:

Their bottom line has no impact on how much money RBR charges for putting something on their rear wing. Their is a price for that, if you pay it the sticker goes on otherwise it's off. That rear wing is prime real-estate.

no sure what up with the what ifs ....Even if Honda bought Austin, why wouldn't you think they'd pull the name off the rear wing? Wouldn't the money still come out of Honda's pockets at that point?

Isn't just easier to find another Sponsor ?

langedweil

diffuser wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 20:30
For the top 6, Xtra PUs taken isn't as painful as a retirement from a PU problem. Look at Bottas he started from the back and still finished in the top 4.
I keep saying that .. the penalty for taking an extra PU/H/K etc isn't that bad if one for sure will be 6th, 5th or even 4th (at least with the current difference to the midfield, which will converge as well).

Even if on Friday afternoon you find out you've f***ed up the setup direction, it might be valid to think "screw it, let's take the pain and at least win by enlarging the engine pool!"
It adds to reliability in case needed, and opts for higher PU output when not.

And as to the 'malfunctioning' of DRS, I loved the way people started to race instead of getting easy free positions. IMHO DRS is simply just sad ... and a great proven divider between midfield and top 6. Especially combined with that debilitating Q2-race-tire rule.

But well, I'm just know-it-all-from-the -couch .. so don't mind me.
HuggaWugga !

Wouter

Formula 1. We’re LIVE from the 2019 FIA Prize-Giving ceremony.

Join us as the Formula 1 drivers and constructors prizes are officially awarded 🏆
Starting at 13.10h CET. You don't need a FB account to watch.

18:00 - 23:30 CET
FIA PRIZE GIVING
CARROUSEL DU LOUVRE

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/video ... 354642716/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

STRANGE !!

Now you can read this on the Formula 1 site:

And while unfortunately Kimi won’t be there this year, it’ll still be worth tuning in – which you can do
on the F1 Facebook page or in the YouTube player below (or here) from 2200 UTC.
That time is 23.00h in Paris and the Price Giving ends at 23.30h !!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 0Uech.html

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

This one is working now. Max in a pre Gala interview.

The Power of Dreams!

diffuser

langedweil wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 06:22
diffuser wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 20:30
For the top 6, Xtra PUs taken isn't as painful as a retirement from a PU problem. Look at Bottas he started from the back and still finished in the top 4.
I keep saying that .. the penalty for taking an extra PU/H/K etc isn't that bad if one for sure will be 6th, 5th or even 4th (at least with the current difference to the midfield, which will converge as well).

Even if on Friday afternoon you find out you've f***ed up the setup direction, it might be valid to think "screw it, let's take the pain and at least win by enlarging the engine pool!"
It adds to reliability in case needed, and opts for higher PU output when not.

And as to the 'malfunctioning' of DRS, I loved the way people started to race instead of getting easy free positions. IMHO DRS is simply just sad ... and a great proven divider between midfield and top 6. Especially combined with that debilitating Q2-race-tire rule.

But well, I'm just know-it-all-from-the -couch .. so don't mind me.

Hopefully they'll eventually be able to do away with it in 2022 or later ... I'm not a big fan but i do recognize it's a necessary evil.

Wouter

3th Place in the WDC.

alex_albon: An honour to be named the @fia.official 2019 Rookie of the Year 😬 It’s been a pretty surreal season for me and I can’t thank everyone who’s helped me to get here enough. There are areas I know I need to improve, so let’s make 2020 even better!

F1 Best overtaking of the Year.

Last edited by Wouter on 07 Dec 2019, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

kaepernickus

ispano6 wrote:
...Brands like Landover and McLaren have survived by adding affordable entry level models even well-doing middleclassers can afford. Would not be surprised if one came out before the company folds. ...
The cheapest Aston Martin Vantage starts at around 160.000$, while the most affordable McLaren 570S (not considering the 540C for the chinese market, which would be around the Vantage price tag) starts at around 190.000$. Furthermore Aston now even have the DBX for the in demand SUV market.
So I don't think their model range or their prices are the problem in hand.