2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
_cerber1

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Will Kenwood only provide radio communications? Or is the partnership over?

bauc

_cerber1 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 14:19
Good question, it would be strange to see Kenwood go, they have been with Mclaren for 20+ years
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 12:01
Incredible that Carlos scored more points than Renault.
You ever notice the points system in F1? Double means nothing. It is the nature of the point system.

9th gets double the points 10th does, 8th gets 4 times the points 10th does. So if You had only 2 cars that finished in the points in every race McLaren always finishing 9th and Renault always finishing 10, they'd have double the points ...not much of accomplishment.

I have mixed feels about the points system. I'd prefer a 20 to 1 points system were you get points as long as you finish. Do away with this, retire the car cause we're out of the points and we can change the gearbox for free.
Do away with all these cars with zero points in every race.

ispano6

bauc wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 14:48
_cerber1 wrote:
Good question, it would be strange to see Kenwood go, they have been with Mclaren for 20+ years
Totally different market. Klipsh is a consumer grade product for college gamers. They were popular in the past like how Logitech used to be. Kenwood audio largely makes prosumer products and does not pay McLaren for branding. It would be a joke to see McLaren team wearing Klipsh audio headsets trackside (for their team Com equipment) . This new partnership is for gamer fans.

Ground Effect

bauc wrote:
_cerber1 wrote:
Klipsch has been added to the partner page, with Kenwood still present. Maybe Kenwood goes off at the start of 2020?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

BosF1

Great to see all those new partnerships!

BosF1

ispano6 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 17:33
bauc wrote:
_cerber1 wrote:
Totally different market. Klipsh is a consumer grade product for college gamers. They were popular in the past like how Logitech used to be. Kenwood audio largely makes prosumer products and does not pay McLaren for branding. It would be a joke to see McLaren team wearing Klipsh audio headsets trackside (for their team Com equipment) . This new partnership is for gamer fans.
But Logitech is also one of their sponsors/partners. I'm a bit confused how this leaves the Logitech and Kenwood partnership, but hey, I'm not complaining about extra partnerships and sponsormoney :lol:

SmallSoldier

ispano6 wrote:
bauc wrote:
_cerber1 wrote:
What are you talking about? Klipsch a consumer grade product for college gamers?... Clueless.

Klipsch has been servicing the Pro Audio (Movie Theaters, Concerts, etc) for 50+ years and is also one of the largest brands of Home Theater drivers in the market, they actually have a few patents in regards to horn loading and are very well regarded in the hi-end audio market... They not too long ago entered also the headphones industry (around 10 years ago)... So no, this has nothing to do with this been a partnership for “Gamer Fans”.

It’s simply a marketing exercise for Klipsch and we will see Lando and Carlos wearing their headphones while outside the car and things of that nature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Macklaren

Agree with SmallSoldier. Klipsch is legit.

_cerber1

the EDGE

SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 18:40
ispano6 wrote:
bauc wrote:

What are you talking about? Klipsch a consumer grade product for college gamers?... Clueless.

Klipsch has been servicing the Pro Audio (Movie Theaters, Concerts, etc) for 50+ years and is also one of the largest brands of Home Theater drivers in the market, they actually have a few patents in regards to horn loading and are very well regarded in the hi-end audio market... They not too long ago entered also the headphones industry (around 10 years ago)... So no, this has nothing to do with this been a partnership for “Gamer Fans”.

It’s simply a marketing exercise for Klipsch and we will see Lando and Carlos wearing their headphones while outside the car and things of that nature.

The whole team will use Klipsch headphones through all 22 races in 2020

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners ... udio-2020/

LM10

geogate

my understanding is that Kenwood have already parted ways with mclaren as of 2019, but they gifted them all the equipment which Mclaren staff now operate trackside - this being an interim until they found/chose a new supplier

ispano6

the EDGE wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 15:12
SmallSoldier wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Show me where it says Klipsh is now providing advanced comm systems for Mclaren. I'm not talking earpods.

kfrantzios

ispano6 wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 15:12
SmallSoldier wrote:

Show me where it says Klipsh is now providing advanced comm systems for Mclaren. I'm not talking earpods.
What is your definition of "advanced comm systems"?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk