2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
auv
auv

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

NathanOlder

too many BMW badges for my liking
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

djones

When Toto was downplaying the need for Lewis in the team I was wondering if this is just a way of making any future negotiations go in the teams favor. Making Lewis think he is replaceable etc.

But now after various quotes from him and Hamilton, I wonder if they are both considering a switch to Ferrari in 2021. One which would include a lot of team members.

A lot would go with Lewis that is for sure. Especially after seeing the video about many of them sharing a Tattoo!! There is no way a core team like that will ever split up.

Wass85

adrianjordan wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 20:31
Wass85 wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 23:44
Reading comments from Toto and Lewis I don't think it's as rosy as we think within the team, a lot of uncertainty hanging about to me.
My take is that Lewis will commit to an extension if he is satisfied that Toto will still be running things....otherwise he may opt to move teams.

Personally I'd love to see Lewis back at Mclaren Mercedes in 2021....
That ship has sailed IMO.

I don't think Hamilton was flavour of the month at McLaren.

Big Tea

djones wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 20:57
When Toto was downplaying the need for Lewis in the team I was wondering if this is just a way of making any future negotiations go in the teams favor. Making Lewis think he is replaceable etc.

But now after various quotes from him and Hamilton, I wonder if they are both considering a switch to Ferrari in 2021. One which would include a lot of team members.

A lot would go with Lewis that is for sure. Especially after seeing the video about many of them sharing a Tattoo!! There is no way a core team like that will ever split up.
Thats his job. He is selling the team as best not the driver who can move on. Not only that but he seems to make efforts to spread the glory around the team, rather than saying Lewis id winning them trophies he highlights the cleaners in the factory contribute too
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jolle

Big Tea wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 00:01
djones wrote:

Thats his job. He is selling the team as best not the driver who can move on. Not only that but he seems to make efforts to spread the glory around the team, rather than saying Lewis id winning them trophies he highlights the cleaners in the factory contribute too
Toto is a bit more then just a team manager, he owns a large stake in the Petronas F1 team and HWA (I think around 30%). Next to that he has a contract to be team boss. I think there is a bigger chance that Lauda's 10% will be part of the talks with Hamilton, that he will become a big shareholder within the team, to give him a real long term bond with the team.

izzy

Jolle wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 00:08
Toto is a bit more then just a team manager, he owns a large stake in the Petronas F1 team and HWA (I think around 30%). Next to that he has a contract to be team boss. I think there is a bigger chance that Lauda's 10% will be part of the talks with Hamilton, that he will become a big shareholder within the team, to give him a real long term bond with the team.
that's a very interesting idea!

Big Tea

Jolle wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 00:08
Big Tea wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 00:01
djones wrote:

If there is one sure way to keep Hamilton at Merc, I think you have hit on it.
He was in such awe of Niki that 'following in his footsteps' would give him a glow.

Combine this with what we see with the ' Loyalty' stuff, and the fact that he has been around racing for what? 25 years? and still does not seem to have had enough. A real back stop for him when he decides it is time to hang up his gloves.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Capharol

F1 2019 GAME VS Lewis Hamilton POLE time Abu Dhabi!

Just_a_fan

I wonder how many hours and laps practice was required to get that time in the game. Of course, having no acceleration on the body means it's physically much easier to hone the time too.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wass85

Info has been released on the Hamilton/Rossi swap, apparently Rossi lapped the circuit a second and half off Lewis in the car and Lewis was four seconds off on the bike.

Very respectable from both parties if both were pushing their respective machinery.

Capharol

and Hamilton binned the bike

Wass85

Capharol wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 20:54
and Hamilton binned the bike
Yes and Rossi span 3 times I think, doubt the temps helped matters.

AMG.Tzan

"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 19:31
I wonder how many hours and laps practice was required to get that time in the game. Of course, having no acceleration on the body means it's physically much easier to hone the time too.
Not to mention, you don't have to worry about how much it'll hurt if you push it too far.
197 104 103 7