2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
_cerber1

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

There is a good article on Autosport about the relationship McLaren and Mercedes, free only available in Russian.

https://autosport.com.ru/features/60108 ... yandex.com

McL-H

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fSQxN6rJ1qg

Really a beautiful car! =D> You can drive it anywhere where the sun is up, so not in England. I'm only 1.8 Mln short. Anyone who can help out with that? :)

I do wonder how much of the current F1 car transfers into this road car. And can we actually speak of a road car or is it for circuits only since it lacks a wind shield? I can imagine you'd at least need a helmet in most countries.

Jolle

McL-H wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 21:39
https://www.youtube.com/embed/fSQxN6rJ1qg

Really a beautiful car! =D> You can drive it anywhere where the sun is up, so not in England. I'm only 1.8 Mln short. Anyone who can help out with that? :)

I do wonder how much of the current F1 car transfers into this road car. And can we actually speak of a road car or is it for circuits only since it lacks a wind shield? I can imagine you'd at least need a helmet in most countries.
Probably not to much real f1 tech in a car like this, the ground effect hyper cars that are coming are more f1 to the road tech.

this looks cool, bit like a Renault spider on steroids :P. but with the windscreen I think it works well in the wind tunnel, but in real life.... the distance it quite big. On motorbike you have this same thing, bit of crosswind or a bit of turbulence, and you're in terrible buffeting. And you can drive it without a helmet, no rules says you have to. It's either seatbelts and a roll cage thingy, or a helmet, wind protection isn't part of any rules.

RonDennis

McLaren is set for a reshuffle of its aero department, Motorsport.com has learned, with its head of aerodynamics Guillaume Cattelani having left the team. Cattelani's departure, by mutual consent, hints at a fresh face arriving at the team to push its aero programme forward – but there has been no confirmation of this.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... i/4608777/

_cerber1

ScottR267

RonDennis wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 12:49
McLaren is set for a reshuffle of its aero department, Motorsport.com has learned, with its head of aerodynamics Guillaume Cattelani having left the team. Cattelani's departure, by mutual consent, hints at a fresh face arriving at the team to push its aero programme forward – but there has been no confirmation of this.

Interesting, do you know who else has left and their importance to the team?

Hopefully they can poach some staff from Red Bull or Mercedes as they are both very strong aerodynamically

Big Tea

I am getting slightly concerned by the amount and position of departures. They need to be careful not to lose continuity and have to find their feet again
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

RonDennis

ScottR267 wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 13:48
RonDennis wrote:

Hopefully they can poach some staff from Red Bull or Mercedes as they are both very strong aerodynamically
I'm sure they already have one lined up, else they would have stick with Cattelani for the time being.

Ground Effect

ScottR267 wrote:
RonDennis wrote:

I think it will be difficult to get someone, who is say, a head of aero directly from Red Bull or Mercedes at these stage, but maybe someone who has worked for them in the recent past. It may also be possible to hire a deputy aero chief or a senior aerodynamicist, with the offer of the head role in McLaren.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

godlameroso

Maybe they promote from within. Maybe Mr. Roldan gets the nod, who knows.
Saishū kōnā

ScottR267

Ground Effect wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:31
ScottR267 wrote:
RonDennis wrote:

I think it will be difficult to get someone, who is say, a head of aero directly from Red Bull or Mercedes at these stage, but maybe someone who has worked for them in the recent past. It may also be possible to hire a deputy aero chief or a senior aerodynamicist, with the offer of the head role in McLaren.
What you make reference too is what I meant albeit never fully explained. Hopefully if they could poach someone from Red Bull or Mercedes who isn’t the top dog but can get a promotion with McLaren it could bode well as they could bring some new ideas that have worked for those two teams

godlameroso

ScottR267 wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 15:37
Ground Effect wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:31
ScottR267 wrote:

What you make reference too is what I meant albeit never fully explained. Hopefully if they could poach someone from Red Bull or Mercedes who isn’t the top dog but can get a promotion with McLaren it could bode well as they could bring some new ideas that have worked for those two teams
Those ideas may not work with the car. McLaren has been on the right track, and I sincerely don't think they need to look outside for someone capable.
Saishū kōnā

_cerber1

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!