General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

The Power of Dreams!

Hino

Wouter

Nice picture @Hino!!

Honda continues. But only a year. The continuation beyond 2021 depends on conditions.

- Sporting, the positive trend must be continued. This year, the first GP victory was on the wish list of Honda. The goal was surpassed with three wins. Next year, the Japanese want to be able to compete with Red Bull for the world title.

- The second claim from Honda concerns the money. The Japanese carmaker will continue only if the development of the internal combustion engine from 2022 is frozen.
Read the whole explanation on AMuS.
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... n-ab-2022/
The Power of Dreams!

Jambier

What do you think of Racing point and Aston Martin ?

I think it could be a very good thing to have an "Honda Red Bull Racing" instead of " Aston Martin Red Bull Racing" team.
And more stickers with HONDA on the car.

The only issue is that it means that HONDA should give more money, and steerco wants to reduce the amount of money spent by F1 program so...

On another topic, Renault admit that Honda is now in front of Mercedes:
According Abiteboul, in race performance:
Base on our measurements, Ferrari and us have the most powerful engine in race, then is Honda, and last Mercedes
According Mercedes, Honda=Renault=Mercedes, and only Ferrari is ahead

Wouter

Jambier wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 15:31
According Abiteboul, in race performance:
Base on our measurements, Ferrari and us have the most powerful engine in race, then is Honda, and last Mercedes
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
The Power of Dreams!

Snorked

https://www.honda.co.jp/magazine/article/2019Au002/

Behind the F1 ™ victory was the man who created the first N-BOX.
F1 power unit development manager Yasuaki Asaki changed what?

Capharol

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... ssion=true

Motorsport.com takes a look at the complex layout of the power unit that ended Honda's Formula 1 win drought in 2019.

izzy

Capharol wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 12:10
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... ssion=true

Motorsport.com takes a look at the complex layout of the power unit that ended Honda's Formula 1 win drought in 2019.
You can see how important the integration and cooperation are. The whole packaging thing is a science in itself. It must help a lot that they're both in sunny Milton Keynes 🌞

Capharol

kfrantzios wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 16:55
Capharol wrote:
kfrantzios wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 23:02
I never said that they don't last 7 races. I said that they haven't yet.
Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
it's funny tho.... that most ppl saying "Honda has a reliabillty problem, because they didn't last 7 races"

honestly i am getting sick of this talk, because the reason WHY they haven't last 7 races is because Honda and RB agreed to bring updates whenever neccesarry to catch up the Mercedes PU and both parties knew they wouldn't be fighting for WCC or WDC anyway and that 2019 was a transition year.
and they used the older engine on a friday practice.

and still Max Verstappen finished 3rd in the Championship so can you ppl please stop this "reliabillity BS" because you are seeking something that is not there, only to batter on the Honda engine somehow/someway.

to hop back on topic.... i think RB will be a lot closer this year because the package is, not perfect, but very good

and happy holiday
Sure. By your narrative, Honda is the most reliable engine. All of the other manufacturers had at least one engine related problem. So, if they have surpassed Mercedes in engine power and reliability, they don't need so many updates, do they?

so i moved my answer from RB16 topic to the Honda topic,because aral was right......

are you just willingly trying not to understand what i wrote or are you just that..... why reacting so salty ?

first of all it isn't/was MY narrative, it was the narrative Honda and RB agreed to.
furthermore i have never said that Honda had the most reliable engine and that they surpassed Mercedes in engine power and reliabillity.
and yes Honda needed so many updates to be sure that the engine is/was better as the previous spec.

but i guess all others are wrong even Honda and Red Bull and you are right and we should fear that Honda-RB will be last on the grid every race because their engine is so unreliable....

kfrantzios

Capharol wrote:
kfrantzios wrote:
Capharol wrote:
it's funny tho.... that most ppl saying "Honda has a reliabillty problem, because they didn't last 7 races"

honestly i am getting sick of this talk, because the reason WHY they haven't last 7 races is because Honda and RB agreed to bring updates whenever neccesarry to catch up the Mercedes PU and both parties knew they wouldn't be fighting for WCC or WDC anyway and that 2019 was a transition year.
and they used the older engine on a friday practice.

and still Max Verstappen finished 3rd in the Championship so can you ppl please stop this "reliabillity BS" because you are seeking something that is not there, only to batter on the Honda engine somehow/someway.

to hop back on topic.... i think RB will be a lot closer this year because the package is, not perfect, but very good

and happy holiday
Sure. By your narrative, Honda is the most reliable engine. All of the other manufacturers had at least one engine related problem. So, if they have surpassed Mercedes in engine power and reliability, they don't need so many updates, do they?

so i moved my answer from RB16 topic to the Honda topic,because aral was right......

are you just willingly trying not to understand what i wrote or are you just that..... why reacting so salty ?

first of all it isn't/was MY narrative, it was the narrative Honda and RB agreed to.
furthermore i have never said that Honda had the most reliable engine and that they surpassed Mercedes in engine power and reliabillity.
and yes Honda needed so many updates to be sure that the engine is/was better as the previous spec.

but i guess all others are wrong even Honda and Red Bull and you are right and we should fear that Honda-RB will be last on the grid every race because their engine is so unreliable....
I will ignore your attitude and I will ask you a straight forward question. What makes a reliable engine according to your personal opinion?

BTW this is not the Honda engine topic as aral suggested.

Capharol

kfrantzios wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 18:24
Capharol wrote:
kfrantzios wrote:

I will ignore your attitude and I will ask you a straight forward question. What makes a reliable engine according to your personal opinion?

oh boy..... what attitude..... first watch at YOUR answer (attitude) before you complaining about mine

end of this discussion with you ..... goodbye

kfrantzios

Capharol wrote:
kfrantzios wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 18:24
Capharol wrote: so i moved my answer from RB16 topic to the Honda topic,because aral was right......

oh boy..... what attitude..... first watch at YOUR answer (attitude) before you complaining about mine

end of this discussion with you ..... goodbye
Classic response when someone is out of arguments. See ya!

Bence

Just check how many engines left in the pool at Honda. How many racing engines continued their lifecycles as practice units. How many engines suffered catastrophic failures... That will sum up the reliability.
If you gain 40bhp with a new step, will you use the old spec for 2 more races or choose a track where the damage is rather limited but you can step up with the overall performance, do a proper mapping sooner, etc., etc.? If your focus is on the future (because of knowing the exact number of the new spec), the answer is a no brainer. Swap the thing, don't lose any sleep over it. Honda is not interested in armchair warriors' comments in any way, and they won't withheld new specs waiting for the blessings of smarta$$ couch potato experts.

foneFanatiq

:lol: :roll: I don’t understand the argument of Honda not being reliable. They had zero failures in any race. And the ones that something happened to were at the end of their lifespan Friday practice only units. How is this even an argument