Racing Point RP20 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Racing Point RP20 Speculation Thread

This is the speculation Thread about the 2020 Racing Point RP20. Rumors, articles, ideas and fantasies about the car can be posted here. Once the car gets officially launched, this thread will be closed and discussion continues in the official Thread.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

NAPI10

Re: Racing Point RP20 Speculation Thread

RP19 improved leaps & bound in second half of season. Change in Aero philosophy certainly gave additional room to experiment with design.
RP is almost ‘Best of the Rest’ in terms of Race pace; they need to improve upon quali pace.

Racer X

NAPI10 wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 17:40
RP19 improved leaps & bound in second half of season. Change in Aero philosophy certainly gave additional room to experiment with design.
RP is almost ‘Best of the Rest’ in terms of Race pace; they need to improve upon quali pace.
That might be an engine issue tho because even Mercedes wasnt as strong in quali. So perhaps its not really something they can do much about.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

sprint car76

They have the finances now to make a big jump, but do they have the right people in place? There strategy has been shaky and they need help in the engineering department to iron out their qualifying problems.

jjn9128

Could be changing to Aston Martin racing https://www.racefans.net/2019/12/05/ast ... -point-f1/
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

digitalrurouni

NAPI10 wrote:
So in your opinion the RP19 is ahead of the McLaren and the Renault?

NAPI10

digitalrurouni wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 15:48
NAPI10 wrote:
In terms of pure Race Pace ; definitely ahead of Renault & probably matching McLaren(specially second half of season).That does not mean RP will end up ahead of Renault & McLaren in construction ranking.
RPs point scoring ability severely hampered by quali position & it's more or less 'One Driver' team.

NAPI10

jjn9128 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 12:53
Could be changing to Aston Martin racing https://www.racefans.net/2019/12/05/ast ... -point-f1/
Don't know if it will help in terms of Race performance but definitely a game changer from Branding prospective.

digitalrurouni

NAPI10 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 17:43
digitalrurouni wrote:
NAPI10 wrote:
In terms of pure Race Pace ; definitely ahead of Renault & probably matching McLaren(specially second half of season).That does not mean RP will end up ahead of Renault & McLaren in construction ranking.
RPs point scoring ability severely hampered by quali position & it's more or less 'One Driver' team.
I agree definitely ahead of Renault. I still say McLaren has the edge over the R quite convincingly. And they have a Renault PU vs a Mercedes PU which of course we all know which one is better overall.

I do admire Perez and his driving a lot. It's almost like he's still improving every year and he's a reliable race driver. He will bring the car back in the points. I am really hoping RP can up their game for 2020!

NAPI10

digitalrurouni wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 17:25
NAPI10 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 17:43
digitalrurouni wrote:

I agree definitely ahead of Renault. I still say McLaren has the edge over the R quite convincingly. And they have a Renault PU vs a Mercedes PU which of course we all know which one is better overall.

I do admire Perez and his driving a lot. It's almost like he's still improving every year and he's a reliable race driver. He will bring the car back in the points. I am really hoping RP can up their game for 2020!
I am hoping the same but my main worry is 'Stroll Jr.'He is weakest link and u r as strong as ur weak link.
Guy has shown very little or no improvement over the course of 1 year. :cry: :cry:

DivebombDerek

Expecting big things out of racing Point this year, first chance they have had in a long time to fully build there car from scratch the way they have wanted it. Hoping for some unique designs not seen before on the grid! And maybe a hint of racing green!

NAPI10

What are the chances of RP20 design heavily inspired by W10?

godlameroso

NAPI10 wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 03:45
Highly likely, the limit will be on the sidepod design. The rear end of the car will come from Mercedes, so they have the same potential as Mercedes. Of course the smaller budget means the area around the sidepods, the front end, and associated body work won't be as advanced as Mercedes. It can be very good, and could theoretically match Mercedes chassis if they made a car with as slim body work and advanced suspension. If they can make a car within a second of the factory team it will be a serious accomplishment.
Saishū kōnā

NAPI10

godlameroso wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 19:51
NAPI10 wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 03:45
Highly likely, the limit will be on the sidepod design. The rear end of the car will come from Mercedes, so they have the same potential as Mercedes. Of course the smaller budget means the area around the sidepods, the front end, and associated body work won't be as advanced as Mercedes. It can be very good, and could theoretically match Mercedes chassis if they made a car with as slim body work and advanced suspension. If they can make a car within a second of the factory team it will be a serious accomplishment.
Only concern I have with their limitation to develop such a sophisticated design(read W10) through the year.There is a high probability 'Haas' & 'Alpha T' will follow the same philosophy & will be strong out of the gate; at least in first half.
Real challenge will be in second half..

DivebombDerek

NAPI10 wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 16:58

Only concern I have with their limitation to develop such a sophisticated design(read W10) through the year.There is a high probability 'Haas' & 'Alpha T' will follow the same philosophy & will be strong out of the gate; at least in first half.
Real challenge will be in second half..
One thing they have going for them is their ability to develop a car in season, probably their strongest asset. They struggle over winter but if they have a pink W10 then that shouldn't be an issue