2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
izzy

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 01:46
izzy wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 18:16
Lewis is trying to get Mercedes to follow Tesla in using vegan 'leather' in its road cars:
Pffft! Vegan leather makes as much sense as vegan sausages or vegan bacon. Leather is the tanned hides of animals. If it isn't an animal then it isn't leather.
well it's using 'leather' as a metaphor isn't it, like a computer 'file' and everything else that's been invented recently and they want to convey what it is in one word. it's great afaic if it undermines the snobby appeal of omg leather in my car, same as 'fur' that nobody can tell if it's real or not any more

and i love how Lewis gets into it and makes insane F1 interact with the real world, has the sensitivity and vision and calls the Daimler CEO to talk about it, and i bet Daimler are loving him making their F1 team actually relevant

Webber2011

izzy wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 11:41
Just_a_fan wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 01:46
izzy wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 18:16
Lewis is trying to get Mercedes to follow Tesla in using vegan 'leather' in its road cars:
Pffft! Vegan leather makes as much sense as vegan sausages or vegan bacon. Leather is the tanned hides of animals. If it isn't an animal then it isn't leather.
well it's using 'leather' as a metaphor isn't it, like a computer 'file' and everything else that's been invented recently and they want to convey what it is in one word. it's great afaic if it undermines the snobby appeal of omg leather in my car, same as 'fur' that nobody can tell if it's real or not any more

and i love how Lewis gets into it and makes insane F1 interact with the real world, has the sensitivity and vision and calls the Daimler CEO to talk about it, and i bet Daimler are loving him making their F1 team actually relevant
If this keeps up the powers that be will have a fuel flow limit and regenerative electrickery of some form to help save the whales 😂😂😂

Nah, just joking

One of my daughter's is vegan and I admire her choice to be so.
She loves animals with a passion, and I'm sure Lewis does too 😉

izzy

Webber2011 wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 13:57
If this keeps up the powers that be will have a fuel flow limit and regenerative electrickery of some form to help save the whales 😂😂😂

Nah, just joking

Great! Empathy is the new evolution, daughters understand this :)

Big Tea

izzy wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 14:42
Webber2011 wrote:

Nah, just joking

Bad taste remark removed, sorry if anyone saw it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

izzy

Big Tea wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 16:11
izzy wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 14:42
Webber2011 wrote:

Nah, just joking

Bad taste remark removed, sorry if anyone saw it.
i missed it, so you got away with it :P . So by now Lewis has probably spoken to Ola and pointed out how everybody else has new EV's next year too, so he needs a way of making the Mercedes stand out, and the opportunity is to (a) copy Elon and (b) use the F1 team to promote new age ethical leather in his new green cars

and presumably Toto is onside with all this too, and he and Ola want Lewis to stay of course

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

izzy

by a mile the most interesting person in F1. weird, but interesting

thanks for posting these

Wass85

From Discover on Google https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/12/20 ... be-beaten/

Fighting talk from Max, he definitely thinks he could beat Lewis in the Mercedes. Oh how I wish he could get a seat at Mercedes.

izzy

so, just speculating idly, i share this feeling that Toto is too ambitious to stay on as TP for ever and ever. After all when he'd been there and done that being a race driving instructor, and speaking 6 languages, he went and made i think €300m in a startup mergers and acquisitions company. Bought into Williams, then 30% of MercedesF1 team. Now he's only being paid €8m a year apparently :(

He's destined for bigger things, it's just a question of when. And if he's set on staying in F1, that basically means running it, which Ferrari are blocking atm (even tho Jean Todt is head of the FIA).

So is moving to Ferrari with Lewis a solution to this? Once he's been TP of Ferrari for a few years as well, then he can go and run F1 can't he? That's only logical

dans79

I don't see how Ferrari could block liberty from hiring Toto, they have no power in this scenario!
197 104 103 7

Just_a_fan

I think it shows more about Ferrari than Toto. Ferrari would expect an ex-teammember to look after them in such a situation, obviously. Because Ferrari aren't honest, they expect others won't be.

Liberty should just call their bluff and call them out. No one, not even Ferrari, are bigger than the sport. If they don't like it then they can leave F1. Easy.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

izzy

Nobody's signed for 2021 yet so Ferrari have all the power they need really, it's the strongest brand in the whole world apparently and Liberty obviously eat drink and sleep brand, they wouldn't dare risk their $8bn loan by losing them. Louis Camilleri was talking "veto", nobody contradicted him and i bet he's got a virtual veto at least even if yes it's not in a contract

But if it were me i'd jump at the chance to take Toto away from Mercedes! He makes a massive difference. Of course Mattia is probably making a good impression, but if things aren't looking better for the Scuderia, say by half way through next year, the Lewis+Toto double act could be tempting, and Toto could go for it as a stepping stone

Just_a_fan

If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.