2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
izzy

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 12:34
9 million a year for a driver that hasn't won a title yet seems pretty decent to me. If they have an escalator clause too, perhaps X% per year per win, Y% for a title, for example then it looks pretty good. And for someone like Leclerc who is very much at the start of his F1 journey, 5 years isn't too long. At least he knows that even if he wins races but no titles, he'll end up a wealthy man anyway.

It's a problem I'd love to be facing, that's for sure! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Lol yes but it's so limiting! Next year ok, but then he could've had Seb's 32 mil and proper frontage on Lake Geneva instead of now probably being on the other side of the road in nowheresville

bauc

Leclerc extends Ferrari F1 contract until 2024

Charles Leclerc has extended his contract with the Ferrari Formula 1 team, in a deal that means the Monegasque will stay at the Scuderia until at least 2024.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lecl ... l/4616117/
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

selvam_e2002

If they grab Hamilton in 2021 then Lecrec career is over. after 2024 they will kick him out. His career quickly over. bad for him.

NathanOlder

Indeed. Just like Alonso, as soon as he was put next to Hamilton he never won a title again, despite 12 years of trying! 17 wins in 12 years is Massa/Barrichello like stats, Lewis clearly made Fernando a number 2, and will do the same to Charles!

Or maybe Charles is better than you think selvam_e2002. A year or 2 next to Lewis won't end Leclercs career.

Put it another way, how many drivers on the grid have never ever lost in the championship to their team mate??
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

selvam_e2002

If Hamilton dominates in Ferrari then Lecrec career over in Ferrari. After Ferrari no one will pick him. He damaged his name by clashing with Vettel. You have to be more mature and be quite in some situation. it is just a first year at ferrari. Just do your job and don't play any politics. anyway Vettel will be out in 2021 then you are the number 1 in Ferrari.

If Hamilton or Alonso comes to ferrari in 2021, then Lecrec life is very difficult. They are not like Vettel. They know how to bring the team under their Umbrella.

I feel for him.

izzy

selvam_e2002 wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 11:35
If Hamilton dominates in Ferrari then Lecrec career over in Ferrari. After Ferrari no one will pick him.

I feel for him.
I think it'd be great for Charles to have Lewis there. He can show he's as fast (my prediction) and learn an awful lot about how to be consistent, which is the hardest thing

Of course IF Lewis trashed him it'd be the opposite, but is that really likely

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 11:08
Indeed. Just like Alonso, as soon as he was put next to Hamilton he never won a title again, despite 12 years of trying! 17 wins in 12 years is Massa/Barrichello like stats, Lewis clearly made Fernando a number 2, and will do the same to Charles!

Or maybe Charles is better than you think selvam_e2002. A year or 2 next to Lewis won't end Leclercs career.

Put it another way, how many drivers on the grid have never ever lost in the championship to their team mate??
Alonso arguably performed better than Hamilton in inferior cars for a number of years after he left McLaren.

Hamilton is a great no doubt but he was very fortunate to drop on Mercedes, without them he would have even worse stats than Alonso.

Wass85

Everyone is assuming that Lewis would be exactly the same driving a completely different car in the Ferrari.

It just wouldn't work like that, those days of being the rain master and tyre whisperer would likely disappear once in a new car with new engineers.

Truth be told he would do well to beat Charles in his first season, let's remember Nico gave him all he could handle in his first season at Mercedes.

LM10

Hamilton is a superb driver, but he won't stop the aging process either. In a couple of weeks he'll turn 35. By 2021 he will be 37. I can imagine Lewis holding a very high level for a long time, but at some point his abilities will get worse. And Charles, on the other hand, will get better. Also, Lewis would need to adapt to a totally new environment.

Phil

I don't believe aging is as relevant to F1 as it is in other sports, as long as the driver can retain a certain level of fitness. One of the key points in succeeding in F1 even at an older age is adaptability, fitness, a fast car (duh) and a great team around you.

If Federer can still compete at the highest level of Tennis at 38.5, then Hamilton can easily remain competitive at his age and more.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Wass85

Phil wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 14:12
I don't believe aging is as relevant to F1 as it is in other sports, as long as the driver can retain a certain level of fitness. One of the key points in succeeding in F1 even at an older age is adaptability, fitness, a fast car (duh) and a great team around you.

If Federer can still compete at the highest level of Tennis at 38.5, then Hamilton can easily remain competitive at his age and more.
But Federer is basically doing it all on himself, Hamilton just can't pull those feats without a group of engineers behind him.

It's not easy moving to a strange team that don't speak your language with no background on you as a driver whatsoever.

Phil

I was only referring to the aging bit, hence why I mentioned the other factors too.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

izzy

Phil wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 14:12

even snooker players are mostly past their best by 40. Mostly what seems to happen in F1 is they start to make more errors, it must be something more that we'd think. But Lewis might last longer than most

Jambier

I don’t get why there are so many talks about HAM at Ferrari

They have LEC, he is the future, they extended contract early because they were talks between Mercedes and Leclerc

So the question is who will be along LEC:
- I think Bottas is a perfect team mate
- I think Sainz can be a good pick
- I think Ricciardo is brilliant, but they would have to manage two top drivers

Phil

Because if Ferrari gets Hamilton, he isnt driving against them? Sounds easier than beating him in a strong Mercedes. This is from Ferraris POV obviously.
#Team44 supporter