2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

diffuser wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 16:07
mclaren111 wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 14:59
GPToday: Ben Stevens...

2019 SURPRISE OF THE YEAR: MCLAREN
Courtesy of the chassis supplied by Pat Fry and Peter Podromou, and the all-new driver partnership of Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz, they managed to outscore the works Renault by 54 points, being regular top-ten finishers and even earning a podium at the penultimate race in Brazil – the team’s first since the 2014 Australian Grand Prix. Scoring only 62 points a year ago, they finished with just over double that tally, on 145.
Credit to Zak Brown and the leadership at McLaren, particularly new F1 team boss Andreas Seidl for a renaissance at Woking which resulted in the once mightiest team finally showing some promise after years in the doldrums. Seidl identified ‘stone in the shoe’ within the team – Fernando Alonso – and marginalised him and allowed his two young drivers to flourish in their first year with the team.
As a long-time McLaren fan, I cannot say I am overwhelmed by the showing, we expect no less but at least it is a step in the right direction but, in truth, they will never be the power they once were unless they align themselves with a manufacturer.

Well said... =D> =D>
That's funny Seidl arrived like 8 months after Alonso left and had nothing to do with the drivers that had been chosen to drive in 2019 for McLaren. Zak Brown tried to convince Alonso to stay one more year, as he did in 2018 but he refused. As much as I like Seidl, lets not make up shiit he did. He really had little to do with how McLaren did in 2019. Does anybody know what he does ?

BTW, Alonso has nothing to do with the Russians trying to invade the Ukraine, Brexit or the price of tea in china. I'm sure someone will try and spin fake news to tell that story.

I read somewhere that Alonso's "removal" & "influence" was a pre-condition for Seidl joining...

How true that is I can't say...

Like you said... Alonso will be blamed for many things... :wink: :wink:

diffuser

mclaren111 wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 16:38
diffuser wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:

Well said... =D> =D>
That's funny Seidl arrived like 8 months after Alonso left and had nothing to do with the drivers that had been chosen to drive in 2019 for McLaren. Zak Brown tried to convince Alonso to stay one more year, as he did in 2018 but he refused. As much as I like Seidl, lets not make up shiit he did. He really had little to do with how McLaren did in 2019. Does anybody know what he does ?

BTW, Alonso has nothing to do with the Russians trying to invade the Ukraine, Brexit or the price of tea in china. I'm sure someone will try and spin fake news to tell that story.

I read somewhere that Alonso's "removal" & "influence" was a pre-condition for Seidl joining...

Alonso announced his retirement on June 12th 2018 and said he had already taken his decision a few months Prior. Zak said that Alonso had told him of his decision Months before. Like I said before, Alonso wanted to retire at the end of 2017, Zak talked him into coming back 1 more year. Seidl was hired Jan 2019. In June EB was still with the team ...

SmallSoldier

mclaren111 wrote:
diffuser wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:

Well said... =D> =D>

I doubt that has any validity whatsoever... If Seidl is half the smart person we believe him to be, he would never make an assessment on an individual based on “the press”... Seidl hasn’t worked with Alonso to know him enough to make such a statement... All the negative things said about Alonso and his antics inside the team aren’t more than non-confirmed rumors.

What I do believe may have happened, is that knowing that Alonso was in the background, that could have made both Norris and Sainz uneasy in regards to their futures and asked that they were confirmed and external distractions (like Alonso testing for them) kept to a minimum to avoid situations that could have an effect on the overall mood of the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RonDennis

Let's blame everything on Alonso: WWII, WTC attack, the mess that Honda was in the first three years, the mess that McLaren was in for years. Getting pretty tired of the constant hate aimed at Alonso. Have some respect for one the best drivers F1 has ever seen and the amazing things he did in the last few years, instead of just making up nonsense.

Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 21:19
Let's blame everything on Alonso: WWII, WTC attack, the mess that Honda was in the first three years, the mess that McLaren was in for years. Getting pretty tired of the constant hate aimed at Alonso. Have some respect for one the best drivers F1 has ever seen and the amazing things he did in the last few years, instead of just making up nonsense.
But isn’t that modern journalism? We see it everyday, suppositions, guesswork and creating narratives. As far as I can tell, no officials of teams he’s driven for have come out to confirm these wild stories. He’s driven for Renault twice, McLaren twice, Red Bull tried to sign him multiple times. Massa, has been very complimentary of him, he and Fizi (Giancarlo from Renault) are very good friends. Rob Smedley denied that he’s disruptive, Andrea Stella followed him to McLaren (one would have thought his race engineer would have been relieved to see him go). No quarrels with Button, Stoffel confirmed they never had issues. As tense as things got with Lewis, there was never any coming together on track, even with other team mates. Not a big deal? Refer to Lewis/Nico Seb/Charles Max/Daniel Checo/Ocon KMag/Grosjean. But these journos and pundits just parrot each other’s claims, making sure to use money maker terms; toxic, burnt bridges, chaos etc.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mclaren111

RonDennis wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 21:19

I like Alonso... Like you say, he'll be blamed for a lot of nonsense...

diffuser

Way off topic....

One of Journalism's issues is the source of reporting. When most people got their news from newspapers...They had a clear editorial section where "opinions" were kept. The rest of the paper was purely fact. Today with 24hr news channels and internet sites, most of the content is opinion. People don't realise that and interpret opinion as fact.

ivanlesk

mclaren111 wrote: I read somewhere that Alonso's "removal" & "influence" was a pre-condition for Seidl joining...

We'll if that is true, then Seidl is not man for hard, tough decisions. And probably is not good for McLaren in years of rebuild.
If he can't do it himself ....

bauc

ivanlesk wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 16:46
mclaren111 wrote: I read somewhere that Alonso's "removal" & "influence" was a pre-condition for Seidl joining...

We'll if that is true, then Seidl is not man for hard, tough decisions. And probably is not good for McLaren in years of rebuild.
If he can't do it himself ....
Lets not turn this thread to I said, he said..... instead lets focus on the future
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Webber2011

diffuser wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 14:22
Way off topic....

One of Journalism's issues is the source of reporting. When most people got their news from newspapers...They had a clear editorial section where "opinions" were kept. The rest of the paper was purely fact. Today with 24hr news channels and internet sites, most of the content is opinion. People don't realise that and interpret opinion as fact.
Well said and sadly, very true.

Darth-Piekus

What do you think they are preparing for 2020? Are they going radical with a new concept or are they going for an evolution of this car?

diffuser

Darth-Piekus wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 01:39
What do you think they are preparing for 2020? Are they going radical with a new concept or are they going for an evolution of this car?
One never knows what they've found in R&D.

We know they are making front suspension changes...the aero will flow from that...

SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus wrote:What do you think they are preparing for 2020? Are they going radical with a new concept or are they going for an evolution of this car?
Let’s bring that discussion to the 2020 speculation thread :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_cerber1

Thanks to McLaren for this wonderful year, for these incredible emotions.
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/12 ... 3211200512

bauc

_cerber1 wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 13:18
Thanks to McLaren for this wonderful year, for these incredible emotions.
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/12 ... 3211200512
There is no shame to say it, I teared up by the end of the video....

Good Luck to all and Happy New Year
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg