2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
User avatar
izzy
69
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:54 pm
Over the years Lewis has maintained a much more youthful look than drivers in his age group and I am not certain, but I suppose this youthfulness extends into his neuro-muscular system as well. If this is indeed the case he should be able to peak into a much older age than the best drivers from the past. He has also adopted a Vegan diet and there is some scientific evidence that a Vegan diet extends one's youth somewhat. In fact I have a feeling this is what Hamilton is deliberately doing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRt7Ljq ... ex=30&t=0s

F1-metrics blog estimates the "cliff" age at about 41 years old. For Lewis it might be at least 2 to 5 years more before that point where he starts getting regular mid-race brain fades like Schumi was getting and Schumi was 42 i think. I won't be surprised to see bright springy Lewis with a slightly wrinkled Max verstappen beside him on the grid!
what an awesome video! I'm sure eventually we won't age at all any more, as dying is just something that's necessary for evolution, but for now yes less protein seems to slow it down doesn't it. I had been thinking being mixed race would help, with hybrid vigour, but it seems not, according to https://jech.bmj.com/content/70/12/1251. Of course English is fairly mongrel anyway genetically

but for Lewis, it probably won't be like Mansell or Prost with a big car advantage, the cars will all be fairly even by then, after a few years of the same 2021 spec, and massive talents in the new generation as well. Plus he has things to do after F1. But let's see i shall be glued even more if he goes to Ferrari, he certainly has enough years left to give that a go if he wants

User avatar
Morteza
2184
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Image
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

User avatar
MtthsMlw
802
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Lmao 100m from Philip Morris for an ad campaign no one understands

the EDGE
the EDGE
67
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Luton ENGLAND

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

MtthsMlw wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:38 pm
Lmao 100m from Philip Morris for an ad campaign no one understands
Well it’s better than paying 100ml to have some white painted on the car like they have been doing ever since tobacco advertising was banned

User avatar
ME4ME
170
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

"I am really happy with how the team spirit has grown," he said.

"We are very united, compact, including the drivers, despite what some people insinuate.

"An example? On the Tuesday following the incident they were involved in at the Brazil Grand Prix, my phone rang and on the display I saw the names of Seb and Charles, together.

"They'd been in touch with each other, they'd cleared things up, and they called me together for a three-way call.

"It wasn't just a gesture, and it really showed an impressive united spirit. And anyway, regarding Brazil, it's better that such an episode happens now, it will help us to understand each other better for next year."
https://f1i.com/news/365394-binotto-i-w ... money.html

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
598
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:54 pm
He has also adopted a Vegan diet and there is some scientific evidence that a Vegan diet extends one's youth somewhat. In fact I have a feeling this is what Hamilton is deliberately doing!
If he's a true vegan then he'll need to take to vitamin B12 supplements just to stay healthy. B12 isn't available from non-animal sources so vegans require supplements. No supplement, no healthy life.

Hamilton became a vegan for the "cuddly bunny" reason, anyway.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
444
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:34 pm
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:54 pm
He has also adopted a Vegan diet and there is some scientific evidence that a Vegan diet extends one's youth somewhat. In fact I have a feeling this is what Hamilton is deliberately doing!
If he's a true vegan then he'll need to take to vitamin B12 supplements just to stay healthy. B12 isn't available from non-animal sources so vegans require supplements. No supplement, no healthy life.

Hamilton became a vegan for the "cuddly bunny" reason, anyway.
I think he is vegan also because he has a gut condition that I know all too well. I think he has either SIBO or some sort of leaky gut issue. It causes bloating, lethargy and blurs your focus if certain foods are consumed. Vegan lifestyle should reduce it somewhat. It may explain why he feels lighter and more focused than before.

Anyway i know u guys are looking forward to us Hamilton fans joining the Tifosi in 2021 but yeah let's return the topic to Ferrari!

User avatar
izzy
69
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:34 pm
If he's a true vegan then he'll need to take to vitamin B12 supplements just to stay healthy. B12 isn't available from non-animal sources so vegans require supplements. No supplement, no healthy life.

Hamilton became a vegan for the "cuddly bunny" reason, anyway.
Lewis became vegan after watching a presentation about how much greenhouse gas cattle generate. Then obviously the less meat you eat, the better, you can't really salve your guilty conscience by saying oh vegans eat 0.000001% of the meat i eat!! :P :P . Better is better

But your objection is typical of the Lewis effect and how he can't even clean up a beach without some people picking holes in it, how interesting he is and how the media moved wholesale down the pitlane with him in 2013 and the same thing would happen for Ferrari and Philip Morris. Of course Louis would have to have that conversation with Lewis, about whether vaping is really a great business to be in :lol:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
598
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

izzy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:34 pm
If he's a true vegan then he'll need to take to vitamin B12 supplements just to stay healthy. B12 isn't available from non-animal sources so vegans require supplements. No supplement, no healthy life.

Hamilton became a vegan for the "cuddly bunny" reason, anyway.
Lewis became vegan after watching a presentation about how much greenhouse gas cattle generate. Then obviously the less meat you eat, the better, you can't really salve your guilty conscience by saying oh vegans eat 0.000001% of the meat i eat!! :P :P . Better is better

But your objection is typical of the Lewis effect and how he can't even clean up a beach without some people picking holes in it,
I'm not anti Lewis. I'm anti "vegan_in_your_face_because_you_should_live_life_the_way_I_say" veganism. But this is waaaay off topic. :oops:

I don't see Lewis going to Ferrari unless their 2020 car is an absolute stormer. But then, why would Ferrari want him if their current drivers can do the job with such a car?
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

User avatar
izzy
69
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:46 pm
I'm not anti Lewis. I'm anti "vegan_in_your_face_because_you_should_live_life_the_way_I_say" veganism. But this is waaaay off topic. :oops:

I don't see Lewis going to Ferrari unless their 2020 car is an absolute stormer. But then, why would Ferrari want him if their current drivers can do the job with such a car?
yes i know you're not anti-Lewis :). Still, he's not a vegan campaigner is he, not an evangelist about it he just answers questions and explains and talks about how he sees life, as usual. Topic wise it's not really too sketchy imo because that'd be part of what Ferrari'd be buying, and Mercedes losing, with that enormous advertising equivalent value so the top brand in F1 would have the most interesting person in it too. Nobody was too interested in Mercedes before he went there, even with MS in it.

There's enough of a Lewis/Ferrari connection for Toto to openly talk about it. Charles is young and inexperienced, and Lewis although he's ferocious he's sporting and generally doesn't collide with his teammate. Valtteri and George and Esteban have all said how much they've learned from how he operates. Charles isn't too much at war with Seb even after Brazil, so he could coexist and then just imagine what a team Charles+Lewis would be!!! The mind literally boggles. And Mercedes would NOT have him. And he'd be outside the budget cap

the EDGE
the EDGE
67
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Luton ENGLAND

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

izzy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:16 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:46 pm
I'm not anti Lewis. I'm anti "vegan_in_your_face_because_you_should_live_life_the_way_I_say" veganism. But this is waaaay off topic. :oops:

I don't see Lewis going to Ferrari unless their 2020 car is an absolute stormer. But then, why would Ferrari want him if their current drivers can do the job with such a car?
yes i know you're not anti-Lewis :). Still, he's not a vegan campaigner is he, not an evangelist about it he just answers questions and explains and talks about how he sees life, as usual. Topic wise it's not really too sketchy imo because that'd be part of what Ferrari'd be buying, and Mercedes losing, with that enormous advertising equivalent value so the top brand in F1 would have the most interesting person in it too. Nobody was too interested in Mercedes before he went there, even with MS in it.

There's enough of a Lewis/Ferrari connection for Toto to openly talk about it. Charles is young and inexperienced, and Lewis although he's ferocious he's sporting and generally doesn't collide with his teammate. Valtteri and George and Esteban have all said how much they've learned from how he operates. Charles isn't too much at war with Seb even after Brazil, so he could coexist and then just imagine what a team Charles+Lewis would be!!! The mind literally boggles. And Mercedes would NOT have him. And he'd be outside the budget cap
Ferrari and Lewis need each other, but only as bargaining chips

If Lewis rules out Ferrari where would he go? And if he had no where to go why would Mercedes pay him so much?

And when Seb comes to renew his contract if Ferrari weren’t talking up Lewis, Seb could practically write his own cheque, he knows Ferrari need a superstar on the books

It happens every year, with every driver. I doubt there is anything in it

User avatar
izzy
69
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

the EDGE wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Ferrari and Lewis need each other, but only as bargaining chips

If Lewis rules out Ferrari where would he go? And if he had no where to go why would Mercedes pay him so much?

And when Seb comes to renew his contract if Ferrari weren’t talking up Lewis, Seb could practically write his own cheque, he knows Ferrari need a superstar on the books

It happens every year, with every driver. I doubt there is anything in it
well yes but, if it was that transparently obvious it wouldn't work would it? :D Anyway they don't pay drivers as little as they can beat them down to, it's all about status, and Lewis has always been nice about Ferrari and vice-versa

Mattia's said Seb has a few races to prove he's worth it and i believe him. Charles is all the superstar they really need, that's why he's on 5 years' contract, after that Lewis would be an upgrade on Seb and a huge loss for poor old rival Mercedes! What they do if Seb keeps spinning and Lewis isn't available, or they've given Charles a no-Lewis clause, i don't know. But of he takes both cars out again they'll think of something, surely

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
444
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Has there ever been a written " the team can never hire driver X to be my teammate" clause in F1 though? I just cannot imagine it.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
izzy
69
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:10 pm
Has there ever been a written " the time can never hire driver X be my teammate" clause in F1 though? I just cannot imagine it.
i can imagine a teammate veto clause, cos Senna was supposed to have had one and used it against Derek Warwick (for some reason) and Mansell had one that he got bought out of for Alain Prost supposedly. And history shows it does work to have a clear No1, to win the wdc, and if there's a like MS that the team really really wants then why wouldn't he ask and the team give it?

So with Charles, we can see why Ferrari wanted to nail him down for 5 years, to stop Toto grabbing him (Valtteri only re-signed for 1 year, how that would devastate Ferrari etc) but then what's in it for Charles to sign for so long? It's probably beyond Lewis' retirement so it's passing up the Mercedes opportunity. i think that's where the speculation on Racefans came from. It might be true, or not, but possible it seems to me