2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Capharol

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

loekf2 wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 14:33
Capharol wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 14:24
i was expecting this contract extension but not the lenght of it ....
Honda will extend beyond 2021 as well, but different terms I think. Bigger stake, more exposure etc.
is this a assumption or from where do you get this?

Zynerji

Capharol wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 15:16
loekf2 wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 14:33
Capharol wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 14:24
i was expecting this contract extension but not the lenght of it ....
Honda will extend beyond 2021 as well, but different terms I think. Bigger stake, more exposure etc.
is this a assumption or from where do you get this?
After reading Max's post, I took it to mean that Max was informed of what RBR/Honda would do in the future. His post reads that he expects Honda to stick around at least until 2023.

LM10

That’s great news for the Redbull community. It was the only logical thing to happen, in my opinion.
Mercedes’ driver constellation is spot on as it is right now, with Hamilton being clear number 1 and having a number 2 who is too weak to seriously challenge his team mate and has no problems helping him in the process of destroying title records.
Ferrari, on the other hand, have already got their future star, so I don’t think they’ll want to have Max fighting him. Vettel will continue as long as he feels motivated and once he leaves, Ferrari will get another young driver. That’s my guess.

Come 2023, a move to Mercedes will look way more realistic.

TNTHead

Interesting news, and very good for RB-Honda. With an engine on par, top driver and a excellent chassis they should finally take that championship once or more in the next 3 years. The rumours for a Mercedes seat for Max can be parked for a few years now. And let's see if Mercedes is still up there come 2023.

Jambier

A bit surprising I though he would only have signed for 2021.

But finally it is a logic choice both for him and the team

Unf

Nothing sensational. Ferrari has been closed by Leclerc's contract. Mercedes has Hamilton so far and Russell for future. None of the rest of teams seems to be able to fight for wins. So what else he could do?

Grutte Pier

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/anali ... r/4634630/
For Max a 'stellar' contract
Dad Jos proved to be a very skilled negotiator in the key moments of his son Max's career, and even in this case the work seems to have been done well.
Red Bull was 'terrified' by the idea of ​​losing her protégé, and during negotiations the knife has always been firmly in the hands of the Dutch driver and his representatives.
The indiscretions speak of a contract that makes Verstappen rise very close to Lewis Hamilton in the special ranking of the highest paid drivers in Formula 1, a goal achieved thanks also to the economic support guaranteed by Honda.
The Japanese manufacturer should have ensured coverage of part of Max's engagement, confirming Honda's growing involvement in the Red Bull project, and this has allowed Verstappen most likely to exceed the 40 million euro per season threshold . An important milestone for a driver who has not yet won a World Cup, which confirms how much the team cares about its pupil and the added value it can guarantee. And to think that years ago just Red Bull, to enhance the work done by its junior team, underlined how the team had never paid stellar engagements (unlike direct opponents) being able to count on the best young people on the market ...
If true this seems pretty huge to me....
20 million has also been rumoured but seeing as Marko in an interview with AMUS already said the contract 'wasn't cheap but that he didn't want to poker' I would say that's unlikely

Datco

I like the way Max does his contracts, no games, no wait till this race or that race, no playing teams, no drama. Past 2 contacts came with out really knowing he was in serious negotiation. In fact like his previous contract, he could have taken more time or signed for a shorter period. Just knows what he wants. He is decisive. Guess that's why redbull and Honda are able to work so well with him. Hopefully this can now convince Honda to sign up for longer.

Alexf1

Datco wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 22:42
I like the way Max does his contracts, no games, no wait till this race or that race, no playing teams, no drama. Past 2 contacts came with out really knowing he was in serious negotiation. In fact like his previous contract, he could have taken more time or signed for a shorter period. Just knows what he wants. He is decisive. Guess that's why redbull and Honda are able to work so well with him. Hopefully this can now convince Honda to sign up for longer.
Indeed. He was probably convinced from what he has seen so far that the RB design/engineers team are up to the job with the chassis for the coming years. And if Honda showed him enough progress for the coming year why not sign with a "competitive engine" clause if signing is a key factor the coming Honda negotiations for 22&23. Smart move by Marko if some extra millions for Max means Honda will stay

Ground Effect

This is great, I’m happy there’ll still be a distribution of the top drivers in the top teams. Max and Red Bull seem like they were made for each other, with Honda happy as well.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Wouter

Ground Effect wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 10:12
This is great, I’m happy there’ll still be a distribution of the top drivers in the top teams. Max and Red Bull seem like they were made for each other, with Honda happy as well.
Alexf1 wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 23:56
Datco wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 22:42
Indeed. He was probably convinced from what he has seen so far that the RB design/engineers team are up to the job with the chassis for the coming years. And if Honda showed him enough progress for the coming year why not sign with a "competitive engine" clause if signing is a key factor the coming Honda negotiations for 22&23. Smart move by Marko if some extra millions for Max means Honda will stay
Well said. I agree to all of that. Nothing to add.
The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan

Ground Effect wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 10:12
It reminds me of the RedBull / Vettel relationship in some ways. Unlike those days, however, I expect Max to be given number 1 driver status with team mates expected to toe the line in support of him.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

etusch

Today, Red Bull's sources confirm that Red Bull will introduce its new car in 2020 on February 12th.

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... u/4645280/

godlameroso

Just over a month away. I'm really curious to see what they've done different. The car is probably a lot more "sleek", probably every detail has been refined, and the car probably has a wider working envelope.

For sure they've made changes to the sidepods side pod deflectors, engine cover, and bargeboards. At least those will be the obvious changes. I'm actually excited to see what they can come up with on a "second attempt".
Saishū kōnā

Capharol

godlameroso wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 02:54
Just over a month away. I'm really curious to see what they've done different. The car is probably a lot more "sleek", probably every detail has been refined, and the car probably has a wider working envelope.

For sure they've made changes to the sidepods side pod deflectors, engine cover, and bargeboards. At least those will be the obvious changes. I'm actually excited to see what they can come up with on a "second attempt".
well you can be excited but the real car will be shown at the Australien GP.

the cars shown are just the implemented ideas, which will be test in Barcelona to see if these ideas are working or need to be adjusted.

to put it simple .... i don't care much about these car reveals and the testing, the season starts in Melbourne, there you have to be on top.

we've seen what happened with Ferrari .... Testing = Top, Race = flop