Site updates 2020

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Site updates 2020

Hi all,

To get ourselves ready for the new season, site update 1 has been pushed, with some layout changes/improvements, mainly in the forum.

If you see any issues, please report them here!

Cuky

Re: Site updates 2020

I don't remember if I or anyone else have asked this before, so apologies if it was already asked, but I'd like to know.

Is it possible to make it so that when I click on the title of latest forum topics at the bottom of the home page next to the championship standings that gets me to the first unread post instead of last post? Sometimes threads that interest me have grown by few pages between my two visits and it can get a bit tedious looking for the last post that I have read.

Steven
Owner

Cuky wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 22:01
I don't remember if I or anyone else have asked this before, so apologies if it was already asked, but I'd like to know.

Is it possible to make it so that when I click on the title of latest forum topics at the bottom of the home page next to the championship standings that gets me to the first unread post instead of last post? Sometimes threads that interest me have grown by few pages between my two visits and it can get a bit tedious looking for the last post that I have read.
You need to click on the red page icon that is left of the topic title to achieve that.

Cuky

So it is not possible directly from this view then?

Thanks for info.

Steven
Owner

Indeed it isn't. It's a technical thing, as that element on the front page is cached along users. The query is quite heavy, and on busy launch or race days, it would have a negative impact.

You can always click on "active forum topics" at the bottom of that list, to see the same list, but with the red page icons that you need.

Mattchu

Why have you gone round for avatar/profile pictures? It looks awful, I know it`s the "trend" and maybe the forum software has pushed it so you have no control over it...I just don`t get it, is there a way to have it square if you want t?

Holm86

Mattchu wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 15:24
Why have you gone round for avatar/profile pictures? It looks awful, I know it`s the "trend" and maybe the forum software has pushed it so you have no control over it...I just don`t get it, is there a way to have it square if you want t?
I totally agree, every single picture ever is square, don't get why they should be round all of the sudden.

bauc

I experience difficulty today when trying to load the pages here on the forum, it takes a lot of time which is unusual.

Its maybe just a server delay but I never had such experience before, loading times have always been super quick here.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Wouter

bauc wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 16:23
I experience difficulty today when trying to load the pages here on the forum, it takes a lot of time which is unusual.

Its maybe just a server delay but I never had such experience before, loading times have always been super quick here.
I have the same here. It takes indeed a lot of time. Even to watch the preview of this message. :( :)
It was also yesterday .
The Power of Dreams!

SiLo

Wouter wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 16:30
bauc wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 16:23

I have the same here. It takes indeed a lot of time. Even to watch the preview of this message. :( :)
It was also yesterday .
Same for me too, whether its through my work VPN in Germany or at home in the UK.
Felipe Baby!

strad

agree about the avatars.
Same problem with site being slow... wrote that off as temporary because of work being done...certainly hope so.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Steven
Owner

The slowness had nothing to do with the site update.

Sadly, we were getting hammered by a Chinese bot network (again). A whole series of IPs are now blocked, and I'm investigating why the measures put in please after the previous attack didn't work (enough).

Sorry!

bauc

Steven wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 21:26

Sadly, we were getting hammered by a Chinese bot network (again). A whole series of IPs are now blocked, and I'm investigating why the measures put in please after the previous attack didn't work (enough).

Sorry!
It seems its back to normal now, thanks!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

LM10

Steven wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 21:26

Sorry!
Seems like the chinese coronavirus has hit the site as well.

strad

What happened to my avatar??
Not on the forum home page or on my posts.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss