Renault Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
michl420

Re: Renault Power Unit Hardware & Software

Also fuel saving is only (or mostly) be done with lift and cost. It's the most efficient way (lap time).

Jambier

According Abiteboul, in race performance:
According to our measurements, Ferrari and us have the most powerful engine in race, then is Honda, and last Mercedes
According Mercedes, Honda=Renault=Mercedes, and only Ferrari is ahead

Snorked

PlatinumZealot

I dont understand the hate for Cyril. Did he take their girlfriends?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PABLOEING

¿some news about Renault F1 2020 engine updates?

Pierce89

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 17:02
I dont understand the hate for Cyril. Did he take their girlfriends?
I think the “hate” for Cyril probably comes from his constant big promises of performance gains that rarely if ever came through on time and as advertised. I should also mention that the PU is finally getting very competitive, but Cyril’s ability to finally sort that department has to be balanced against the lack of improvement in Enstone
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

SmallSoldier

According to Taffin, Renault’s engine is ahead of Mercedes, behind Ferrari and Honda lagging behind all... Nevertheless, he mentions that the differences are small in terms of output between the manufacturers.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -motor-f1/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill

These is the usual chest pumping from Renault if their engine was so fantastic why was torro rosso nipping at their heals they should have put a distance between them, they got Riccardo and Hulk good drivers.

_cerber1

Bill wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 10:24
These is the usual chest pumping from Renault if their engine was so fantastic why was torro rosso nipping at their heals they should have put a distance between them, they got Riccardo and Hulk good drivers.
It's obvious that Renault recognized problems with the chassis. No matter what engine and pilots you have, if the chassis has problems, it does not go.

Bill

https://abload.de/img/007_o5pk01.jpg

Renault are lying they don't have a powerunit that is better than Honda they are dead last they don't even have the budget to match the top three.

SmallSoldier

Bill wrote:https://abload.de/img/007_o5pk01.jpg

Renault are lying they don't have a powerunit that is better than Honda they are dead last they don't even have the budget to match the top three.
Or Honda is? I mean... That picture seems to be wrong on the Mercedes - Ferrari battle seems everyone agrees that Ferrari was superior in 2019.

Wouter

SmallSoldier wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 16:39

Or Honda is? I mean... That picture seems to be wrong on the Mercedes - Ferrari battle seems everyone agrees that Ferrari was superior in 2019.

That picture shows the M and F engine before the summer break and that is correct.
After the summer break Ferrari was much faster than Mercedes.
It shows only the Honda engine after the summer break, not the M and F engine.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill

Ferrari lost some performance by the end of the year.the last 4 races the battle was between Redbull Honda and Mercedes these concise with fuel upgrade brought by Honda and Mobil and clarification from Fia on pu side.

it shows Honda after summer that not true that graph was illustrated during the Japanese gp before Honda could use special fuel for spec 4 so that graph doesn't show the true power Honda as for Mercedes their pu after summer break are nothing the speak off they didn't find any power gains , Ferrari like I said they lost performance.

SmallSoldier

Wouter wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 16:39

That picture shows the M and F engine before the summer break and that is correct.
After the summer break Ferrari was much faster than Mercedes.
It shows only the Honda engine after the summer break, not the M and F engine.
The power difference between Mercedes and Ferrari was there in the first part of the year... With several races where it was very clear that they were dominant in the straights (for example, Canada)... Mercedes at that point were saying that they were losing 7 tenths in the straights.

But, this thread isn’t about Ferrari and Mercedes... I’m just sharing information with the rest of the of the forum, but I do believe that we need to be careful when we call someone a “liar” if we don’t have the data to back it up... Using a Honda bit of information to disprove a Renault bit of information isn’t really telling us which is right and wrong.

Bill

Cyril and other Renault bunch have a history of making false and outrageous claims and promises,Honda on the other hand been consummate professional with humility admitting when they are behind and taking responsibility for it .If think it's pretty clear to pick who's on the right other than that results speak for themselves.