[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Max and his new trainer Bradley Scanes, yesterday at the circuit Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
near the Portuguese town Portimao.

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Marko’s raised demands comes after Honda revealed that their next challenge was to give Red Bull an engine that make them a threat for race wins on all Formula 1 circuits, rather than just a select few, which has often been in the case in recent years.

“In 2019 it was, we don’t say ‘unstable’, but we had a preference in the circuit,” Honda’s F1 managing director Masashi Yamamoto told Autosport.

“We shouldn’t have that kind of thing.

“So we can tell to Max ‘we are here’, good everywhere, in every race. We have to provide that kind of engine, doing good development.”
https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-ma ... mqzu0H01Is

izzy

etusch wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 10:48
Marko’s raised demands comes after Honda revealed that their next challenge was to give Red Bull an engine that make them a threat for race wins on all Formula 1 circuits, rather than just a select few, which has often been in the case in recent years.

“In 2019 it was, we don’t say ‘unstable’, but we had a preference in the circuit,” Honda’s F1 managing director Masashi Yamamoto told Autosport.

“We shouldn’t have that kind of thing.

“So we can tell to Max ‘we are here’, good everywhere, in every race. We have to provide that kind of engine, doing good development.”
https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-ma ... mqzu0H01Is
Helmut is actually a pretty sporting guy i think, and Dietrich, i hope Red Bull can finally at long, long last stop going on about how they can't get the engine they deserve. It's always been like that even when they were winning everything! imo it's why they're not as popular as you'd think being formerly Jaguar and right there in F1 Valley, all the brilliance, Adrian and cool activities

but now it's looking great with Honda, so hopefully a new chapter with Christian sounding a bit less entitled and more generous, and it can be everyone competing on a level playing field win or lose each weekend

NathanOlder

Doubt it. Its been the RedBull way for over a decade.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ispano6

NathanOlder wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 14:08
Doubt it. Its been the RedBull way for over a decade.
The difference is that this time around Honda is involved and contributing in a way that let's the Red Bull guys focus more on what they need to. It was mentioned in the NHK documentary that Red Bull's world record pitstops were possible because the team had more time to rest from shorter take down periods from previous sessions thanks to working with Honda.

ringo

I am wondering if Max can get a title out of this extended partnership with Redbull.
The package seemed good enough in the later part of last year; they need only to evolve last year's car to challenge at every circuit this year.
For Sure!!

Manoah2u

ringo wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 21:44
I am wondering if Max can get a title out of this extended partnership with Redbull.
The package seemed good enough in the later part of last year; they need only to evolve last year's car to challenge at every circuit this year.
Despite that i definately believe that RedBull - Honda for 2020 will be a very serious challenge for Mercedes for the 2020 title fight, i don't actually believe that very prospect is what sealed the deal for a contract extension, rather the very possible reality that he took too long to decide and is now tied to stay with RedBull.

Let's just put this theory in the air:

Mercedes had definite interest in Verstappen, but mainly because Hamilton wasn't yet sure on staying beyond 2021 (and perhaps that decision was even based on what Toto might do). So Mercedes, either tired of waiting or not taking waiting as an option, offered Verstappen a drive as of 2021, either as a replacement to Lewis Hamilton (so be the star driver) or, if Hamilton eventually decides to stay, Bottas will be sacrificed in favour of Verstappen.

Verstappen ('s camp) then went to concider that offer, and perhaps were very much interested in that 'star driver' role at Mercedes with Bottas as the wingman, but weren't too sure about being paired to Hamilton who is comfortably vested in the team, whilst the Verstappen camp is looking more like a construction where he's the clear Nr1 and being supported by a (clear) wingman, and as such, either not sure yet on signing, or not daring to face the risk.

So they then took the 'safe route' and simply didn't opt for that Merc offer or got notice that Hamilton DOES stay,
and since they didn't sign the offer on the table, Mercedes pulled out and Max had no choice but to stay with RBR.

Whatever the case, we're going to see whether they made the right choice.
It would be a shame though when if the above is true, Max missed the boat by waiting too long to make up their mind. Then again, one could argue, that since Max more than once mentioned that anybody can become champion on the Mercedes, i'd doubt he wouldn't sign for the Germans the bloody moment a chance appeared.
But hey, his father ('s management) has made some terrible seat choices in the past, so who knows.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Capharol

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 01:05
ringo wrote:
Despite that i definately believe that RedBull - Honda for 2020 will be a very serious challenge for Mercedes for the 2020 title fight, i don't actually believe that very prospect is what sealed the deal for a contract extension, rather the very possible reality that he took too long to decide and is now tied to stay with RedBull.

Let's just put this theory in the air:......
here i stopped reading because i knew there.... there will be many ifs and buts and perhaps, which are as useless as selling ice on the Nordpol

edit: and rating it negativly isn't changing the fact that there are ifs, buts, whens, maybes and perhaps ... it is all unforseeable, maybe the world ends tomorrow and all of speculations are obselete, but then there must be happing something catastophical, and when that happens, perhaps we all survive or we die ....

so as you see i can paint a picture of it could go too, but the idea stay the same

HPD

"[...] The RB16 should follow, at the general level, the same furrow with a more extensive integration of elements that amplify the outwash effect that the RB15 has only hinted at without ever properly adopting it. Work is planned on the conformation of the front wing and the S-duct. […] The apparently simple front suspension was characterized by a third shock absorber equipped with Belleville disc springs, but sophisticated in the points of attachment to the hub carrier, split. [...] The scheme will be maintained in the new car. The same goes for the rear one where, however, thanks also to the passage of some Mercedes technicians in the middle of last year, there may be some news to recreate a 'pseudo steering effect' exclusive heritage of the Brackley team in 2019. […] At the center of the Honda power unit project [...] The RA620H will benefit from the close collaboration between Milton Keynes' designers and Japanese technicians. The layout, which had been revolutionized in 2019, should not vary with the ERS radiator above the airbox. But the study of internal flows will allow Newey & co to maintain the primacy among the 'Slim' single-seaters ".

https://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/24-01 ... resh_ce-cp

Manoah2u

Capharol wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 18:17
Manoah2u wrote:
ringo wrote:

here i stopped reading because i knew there.... there will be many ifs and buts and perhaps, which are as useless as selling ice on the Nordpol

edit: and rating it negativly isn't changing the fact that there are ifs, buts, whens, maybes and perhaps ... it is all unforseeable, maybe the world ends tomorrow and all of speculations are obselete, but then there must be happing something catastophical, and when that happens, perhaps we all survive or we die ....

so as you see i can paint a picture of it could go too, but the idea stay the same
just fyi, i didn't downvote your post.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Wouter

Max has a new sponsor. EXACT is gone, it is now CarNext.com on his beany.
A lot people from RB are this weekend in Kitzbühel at the Hahnenkammrennen.
Kvyat flew the helicopter himself from Salzburg to Kitzbühel, with also including Gasly.

All 4 drivers wear Alpha Tauri jackets. Only €799.90 :P

Hahnenkammrennen 2020. Q&A Pierre, Alex, Daniil, Max and Pol (Espargaro)

Last edited by Wouter on 25 Jan 2020, 18:25, edited 3 times in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Capharol

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 17:47
Capharol wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 18:17
Manoah2u wrote:

just fyi, i didn't downvote your post.
i know you didn't

Wouter

They are making a promo film for the Dutch GP.
Last Tuesday in Zandvoort and today in Pernis (Rotterdam) and Maasland.
The drivers aren't Max and Alex, because they are in Kitzbühel.

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 17:50
Max has a new sponsor. EXACT is gone, it is now CarNext.com on his beany.
A lot people from RB are this weekend in Kitzbühel at the Hahnenkammrennen.
Kvyat flew the helicopter himself from Salzburg to Kitzbühel, with also including Gasly.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPIUYWeWoAA ... name=small

All 4 drivers wear Alpha Tauri jackets. Only €799.90 :P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPH1brNWsAA ... name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPE3aHTWsAI ... name=small

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.co ... e=5EC1C9A0

Hahnenkammrennen 2020. Q&A Pierre, Alex, Daniil, Max and Pol (Espargaro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTlJYcpOHr0
Apparently Vettel was there too!
https://twitter.com/PierreGASLY/status/ ... 4038230022