Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
NathanOlder

Re: Racing games

I had a G27. loved it for years on PC and Ps3. Then the Ps4 came out and Sony were A-Holes and stopped the G27 working so you had to but the G29. Which I eventually did early last year as a load of friends were racing on Ps4. Then I bought a custom rim upgrade

And then about 2 months ago I decided enough was enough, and invested in a Fanatec F1 Podium Wheel with the DD1 and in a word.... WOW

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wass85

Wass85 wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 22:35
Fired GT Sport back up after about 3 months away. Ended up winning an epic at a wet Spa in which I made the wrong tyre choice in a GT3 race.

The track wasn't as wet as I first believed and so I made the wrong tyre choice by going for full wets.

It wasn't so bad for the first few laps until I started burning through them, ended up having an epic finish with a TT who was on Inters.

He kept his tyres in good shape and had way more rubber at the end, things got a bit tasty but I somehow held on for the win.

Just can't beat nail biters like that.

I was on the limit big time, really on the edge using controller with no traction control on.

neilalexander

I just switched over to PC a few months ago and made the jump to iRacing. I also picked up a Fanatec CSL base and Mclaren wheel. I previously was on PS4 playing Project cars with a T300. So far I am loving the game and the new wheel.

NathanOlder

Yeah iRacing is great isn't it. Unfortunately I don't get much time on there now as I'm busy with a league on the Ps4 as all my friends play that. I will slowly get them all to switch over to iRacing eventually though 8)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Dont cry force india

Does anyone have any tips/recommendations for a first timer buying a rig? Don't have a budget but after playing a few racing games at a expo I want to invest in one for my games room! Just want some recommendations from people with experience?

neilalexander

NathanOlder wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 10:43
Yeah iRacing is great isn't it. Unfortunately I don't get much time on there now as I'm busy with a league on the Ps4 as all my friends play that. I will slowly get them all to switch over to iRacing eventually though 8)
Nice, I had a Pcars 1 & 2 league on PS4 for several years. when I made the switch I let some of the other guys take it over.

neilalexander

Dont cry force india wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 16:19
Does anyone have any tips/recommendations for a first timer buying a rig? Don't have a budget but after playing a few racing games at a expo I want to invest in one for my games room! Just want some recommendations from people with experience?
You need to decide what platform (PC or console). PC gives you the most options but can get expensive fast if you don't plan carefully. Buy the best equipment you can afford (wheel and pedals). Buying a cheap wheel and pedals and then upgrading means you are going to spend the money twice.

Starscreamer

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 10:38
I had a G27. loved it for years on PC and Ps3. Then the Ps4 came out and Sony were A-Holes and stopped the G27 working so you had to but the G29. Which I eventually did early last year as a load of friends were racing on Ps4. Then I bought a custom rim upgrade

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=afe ... 35d94c34f5

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=bb6 ... 959db3addd

And then about 2 months ago I decided enough was enough, and invested in a Fanatec F1 Podium Wheel with the DD1 and in a word.... WOW

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9a4y1uCWwH4/maxresdefault.jpg
I love your mancave =D> =D> =D>
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

NathanOlder

Starscreamer wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 11:33

I love your mancave =D> =D> =D>
Thanks mate, Its out in the garage which is detached from the house, so I can make as much noise as I like and no disturb the kids while they sleep :D

I did have some nice race tracks to put up on the wall out there, but the wife was fine with them going in the living room as we are in the middle of redecorating the living room.

As for the new wheel upgrade in the mancave, its sooooo good, couldn't recommend it enough! Just need to paint the metal frame its on, I had to strengthen the whole rig as it was flexing a little as the new Wheel can produce up to 20Nm of torque compared to about 3Nm the Logitech used to produce!!

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Cold Fussion

What pedals did you upgrade to?

NathanOlder

Cold Fussion wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 08:22
What pedals did you upgrade to?
ClubSport Pedals V3
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Marc.W

Here's my current setup, looking to hopefully upgrade the pedals next to some Heusinkveld Sprint pedals towards the end of the year

SimLab GT1 Cockpit
Fanatec Podium F1
Fanatec Clubsport Elite pedals
Fanatec Shifter/Handbrake
Cobra Sebring S seat
Oculus Rift CV1

RicME85

Would anyone be interested in buying Assetto Corsa plus Japanese Cars, Dream Cars pack 1, 2 and 3 dlc? I have spare Steam codes

mertol

For three fiddy?

RicME85

Sorry Japan cars isnt included, my mistake, thats PCars 2.

If you are still interested?