McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
SmallSoldier

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

_cerber1 wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 15:21
Thanks for this, can you confirm if the author is reliable, is he someone who’s work you’re familiar with?
No, I do not know this author. I believe that this is just his personal opinion. Perhaps he drew some conclusions based on Ivan's twitter.
There isn’t any data in the piece... It’s really an opinion one and in some cases I disagree with some of the conclusions he makes.

Thanks for sharing regardless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bauc

Thanks for sharing, but this is typical pre-season hype build.... as always until we see the new car hit the track at Barcelona we will not be able to give any predictions to how it will perform, and even after testing this is not always clear, just take last year testing for example.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

_cerber1

Maplesoup

I think the car is going to be mostly blue with orange highlights. They also seem to be going some all most a strobe line effect.

Checkout official McLaren page for the 35 number in this style. Carlos also poated a picture to his Instagram story showing his racing number in the same style.

Holm86

Maplesoup wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 21:30
I think the car is going to be mostly blue with orange highlights. They also seem to be going some all most a strobe line effect.

Checkout official McLaren page for the 35 number in this style. Carlos also poated a picture to his Instagram story showing his racing number in the same style.
I'd like if it was mostly blue, but I think the clues by now is indicating an orange/black/white/blue livery

Maplesoup

Holm86 wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 23:38
Maplesoup wrote:

I'd like if it was mostly blue, but I think the clues by now is indicating an orange/black/white/blue livery
Well we know in the regulations for this year all teams have to run a mini sharkfin with the drivers number on it I believe. If McLaren are using blue for driver numbers it's very likely the rear of the engine cover will be orange.

M840TR

Maplesoup wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 23:53
Holm86 wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 23:38
Maplesoup wrote:

Well we know in the regulations for this year all teams have to run a mini sharkfin with the drivers number on it I believe. If McLaren are using blue for driver numbers it's very likely the rear of the engine cover will be orange.
I’d say based on the Spa 2019 livery refresh it’d fade into black towards the rear. That’d look cool.

genarro

the main colour will probably still be orange. They have gone to great lenghts to implement orange as their main colour. remember the times when the cars were painted in just some shades of silver and black. Blue is renault's colour

M840TR

genarro wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 09:37
the main colour will probably still be orange. They have gone to great lenghts to implement orange as their main colour. remember the times when the cars were painted in just some shades of silver and black. Blue is renault's colour
Renault’s colour is yellow actually. Blue was due to Mild Seven sponsorship back in the early noughties.

genarro

Didnt know that :D

If you look at their last video you can see that in the paint shop you have colour models and they are all orange and blue in different variations.

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

the EDGE

Thunder wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 16:10
Well at least it runs....
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/12 ... 97859?s=20
I won't believe it til i hear it :x

the EDGE

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/12 ... 97/photo/1

Blue wires with Papaya connectors... that proves it :lol:

Only Mclaren could colour code this inside too... Ron Dennis would be proud!

NiyolHuayra

Also can't wait for the new team wear to drop. As we will most likely see the new color scheme.