[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

diffuser wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 02:16
Mclarensenna wrote: Yes pat fry did seem to help Mclaren make a big step forward in 2019.
Any idea if pat fry is helping on the 2020 Renault or is he still on gardening leave?
He joins next week I believe, so his impact on the 2020 Renault, at least initially will be minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is what it is but they could have used his help sooner.
I’m pretty sure the deal was made a while ago and just waiting for his gardening leave to be over... Depending on how flexible their concept is, he may be able to have a larger than expected impact on their car this season.

JordanMugen

SmallSoldier wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 18:29
diffuser wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 02:16

He joins next week I believe, so his impact on the 2020 Renault, at least initially will be minimal.

I’m pretty sure the deal was made a while ago and just waiting for his gardening leave to be over... Depending on how flexible their concept is, he may be able to have a larger than expected impact on their car this season.

Wouldn't it be wasteful to spend time or money on the 2020 car?

Building a best in field car for the 2021 season has to be the goal surely? :)

Since whatever Renault do to the 2020 car, it's unlikely to ever be anywhere near best in field. So anything more than minor tweaks would be a waste of resources.

the EDGE

JordanMugen wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 06:49
SmallSoldier wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 18:29
diffuser wrote:

Wouldn't it be wasteful to spend time or money on the 2020 car?

Building a best in field car for the 2021 season has to be the goal surely? :)

Since whatever Renault do to the 2020 car, it's unlikely to ever be anywhere near best in field. So anything more than minor tweaks would be a waste of resources.
No It wouldn’t be wasteful to spend time & money on 2020, it would however be foolish to ignore 2021 but as with everything I ife it is all about balance

That said, people need to understand a technical director does not design or build a car, that is what there is 750 staff working at Enstone for

Just like the director of any other company, they are far to busy ensuring they get the very best out of the team they employ, making sure the structure is correct, they have the resources they need & ensuring the design direction the team is following is correct

I very much doubt Fry will have any influence over this years car, by the time his feet are under the desk it will testing, then the first race, then there will be a development phase that by the time the process followed it will be June before anything designed from March is put on the car, then it will be the summer break, and from then on all resources will be switched to 2021

So will Fry waste his time interfering with the team working on the 2020 model? Probably not

jumpingfish

Esteban Ocon Photoshoot: new livery with white color?

sn809

Oh yeah 2021 From the lips of Abi himself.

cbbcisace

jumpingfish wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 16:11

https://youtu.be/9bzGFGtnXEI
There are rumours they’ve signed a new major sponsor so I’m not so sure..

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u

Nando with Renault in 2021? :wtf:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PowerandtheGlory

It’s his only option.

Honda recently blocked him at indy from teams with their engines.

Merc hamilton has a veto
Ferrari have signed leclrec long term
Redbull will have verstappen and i think... they will get Ricciardo back for 2021...

Renault will go with Ocon and Nando for 2021...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

bauc

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 11:38
It’s his only option.

Merc hamilton has a veto
Redbull will have verstappen and i think... they will get Ricciardo back for 2021...

It is quite possible yes and it will be a good move for Renault to have a driver experienced in many racing categories to lead the team in the new age of F1, I would only add one twist to your prediction here, I don't see RIC going back to RBR but maybe replacing VET at Ferrari
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

PowerandtheGlory

bauc wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 12:07
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 11:38
It’s his only option.

Merc hamilton has a veto

It is quite possible yes and it will be a good move for Renault to have a driver experienced in many racing categories to lead the team in the new age of F1, I would only add one twist to your prediction here, I don't see RIC going back to RBR but maybe replacing VET at Ferrari
Its definitely a possibility- I think LeClerc has already got his feet firmly on the pedal box at ferrari- and i think the team already 'love' him after years of Vettel the impetuous and often moody temperament is more 'Roman and a better fit for that team - i wonder if Ricc would go in as his 'defacto' No.2 to a team already building themselves around him... I think he'd rather be back against Max- i think he knows he can beat him... Maybe a case of "better the devil you know.. than the devil you dont?" :wink:
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

PowerandtheGlory

cbbcisace wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 09:00
jumpingfish wrote:

God- i am hoping for a better Livery... ive never liked the Black and Yellow.. even with the history... it's just somehow not attractive (and to sponsors) maybe some white would do the trick..

Love the pictures in this gallery- credit to the artists;

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5626978 ... t-Liveries

PowerandtheGlory

=P~ **The sound of me rubbing my hands together**

JordanMugen

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 12:29
cbbcisace wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 09:00
jumpingfish wrote:

God- i am hoping for a better Livery... ive never liked the Black and Yellow.. even with the history... it's just somehow not attractive (and to sponsors) maybe some white would do the trick..

Love the pictures in this gallery- credit to the artists;

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5626978 ... t-Liveries
The colours black and yellow should look good, so hopefully adding white will do the trick. :)

The current livery design is rather poor IMO and could do with a lot of improvement. For one, I would ditch that silly black Renault logo and replace it with the standard chrome-effect logo. The layout of sponsors on the side of the car looks very insipid too.