[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PowerandtheGlory

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

JordanMugen wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 12:43
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 12:29
cbbcisace wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 09:00

There are rumours they’ve signed a new major sponsor so I’m not so sure..
God- i am hoping for a better Livery... ive never liked the Black and Yellow.. even with the history... it's just somehow not attractive (and to sponsors) maybe some white would do the trick..

Love the pictures in this gallery- credit to the artists;

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5626978 ... t-Liveries
The colours black and yellow should look good, so hopefully adding white will do the trick. :)

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1149/136 ... 1af7_b.jpg

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/cras ... k=dLPpWm-0

The current livery design is rather poor IMO and could do with a lot of improvement. For one, I would ditch that silly black Renault logo and replace it with the standard chrome-effect logo. The layout of sponsors on the side of the car looks very insipid too.
Agree with the sponsors - it seems they are all 90 Degree angle square like a billboard- i know they wont like it but maybe they can be curved around the car a bit more. The black is 'too' black for me and looks 'Flat' good for hiding designs but it hides the curves too. The Yellow is too fluorescent- it should be a softer 'canary yellow' like the old car- with black pinstripe .. i think the colour is more dictated by the fact sponsors like to be 'White font on black' as its clearer to see and black to hide the bits of the car they don't want you to see.. Most company's use a 'white font logo.. and against a yellow colour 'white on yellow' is hard to see. But i just wish is was a braver colour design, it just seems like an afterthought these days.. The colour and designs of cars matter!!
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

wesley123

bauc wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 12:07
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 11:38
It’s his only option.

Honda recently blocked him at indy from teams with their engines.

Merc hamilton has a veto
Ferrari have signed leclrec long term
Redbull will have verstappen and i think... they will get Ricciardo back for 2021...

Renault will go with Ocon and Nando for 2021...
It is quite possible yes and it will be a good move for Renault to have a driver experienced in many racing categories to lead the team in the new age of F1, I would only add one twist to your prediction here, I don't see RIC going back to RBR but maybe replacing VET at Ferrari
Why would they ever want to sign a driver who is long past his prime, hasn't raced in F1 for 2 years and isn't really renowned for working well with his teammates?

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever. Especially with all the talent around, including their own driver program.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

PowerandtheGlory

wesley123 wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 13:58
bauc wrote:
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
It’s his only option.

Merc hamilton has a veto
Redbull will have verstappen and i think... they will get Ricciardo back for 2021...

It is quite possible yes and it will be a good move for Renault to have a driver experienced in many racing categories to lead the team in the new age of F1, I would only add one twist to your prediction here, I don't see RIC going back to RBR but maybe replacing VET at Ferrari
Why would they ever want to sign a driver who is long past his prime, hasn't raced in F1 for 2 years and isn't really renowned for working well with his teammates?

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever. Especially with all the talent around, including their own driver program.
Its a big gamble, Alonso brings some baggage and will likley ask for at least 15-20 million... But Renault might expect to make that back in sponsorship alone if they confirm him early enough in 2020.. i think the time 'out' of F1 wont help him.. in terms of the technical aspect- but if he's going to be in the 'Simulator' prepping the 2021 car- then it will almost be 'designed around him'.. Pros and Cons...
Last edited by PowerandtheGlory on 03 Feb 2020, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Jambier

Renault do not have driver issues.
They have a huge chassis issue. So they should work on this first...

And I don't see the point of Alonso, I mean Alonso wants a world champion winning car, I don't see any reason to go to Renault.

bauc

wesley123 wrote:
bauc wrote:
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
It’s his only option.

Merc hamilton has a veto

You can find the answer of that question in the post itself.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SmallSoldier

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 09:00
jumpingfish wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 16:11
Esteban Ocon Photoshoot: new livery with white color?

https://youtu.be/9bzGFGtnXEI
There are rumours they’ve signed a new major sponsor so I’m not so sure..
God- i am hoping for a better Livery... ive never liked the Black and Yellow.. even with the history... it's just somehow not attractive (and to sponsors) maybe some white would do the trick..

Love the pictures in this gallery- credit to the artists;

https://www.behance.net/gallery/5626978 ... t-Liveries
I guess like everything in life, you can’t please everyone... I do like their current livery and believe it to be one of the best on the grid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesley123

bauc wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 14:20
wesley123 wrote:
bauc wrote:

You can find the answer of that question in the post itself.
It was a rhetorical question, not one that needed to be answered as the question itself already made the issues very clear.

wesley123

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 14:10
wesley123 wrote:

Its a big gamble, Alonso brings some baggage and will likley ask for at least 15-20 million... But Renault might expect to make that back in sponsorship alone if they confirm him early enough in 2020.. i think the time 'out' of F1 wont help him.. in terms of the technical aspect- but if he's going to be in the 'Simulator' prepping the 2021 car- then it will almost be 'designed around him'.. Pros and Cons...
If we take McLAren as an example; He didn't bring any sponsorship to the team, if anything sponsors were jumping out. They lost Hilton, Johhny Walker, Exxonmobil, Hugo Boss etc. Only now that he is gone do we see new deals popping up in the team.

Also, this salary is something that could be spent on the car, where it can make the difference. It also seems like a waste of time building around someone who would most likely just sit a few years, will complain more often than not, challenge another driver's career. And for what? The new superstars are around, older drivers are slowly being beat and pushed out, and Alonso has already been pushed out by the youngsters.

Ground Effect

wesley123 wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 22:42
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
wesley123 wrote:

If we take McLAren as an example; He didn't bring any sponsorship to the team, if anything sponsors were jumping out. They lost Hilton, Johhny Walker, Exxonmobil, Hugo Boss etc. Only now that he is gone do we see new deals popping up in the team.

Also, this salary is something that could be spent on the car, where it can make the difference. It also seems like a waste of time building around someone who would most likely just sit a few years, will complain more often than not, challenge another driver's career. And for what? The new superstars are around, older drivers are slowly being beat and pushed out, and Alonso has already been pushed out by the youngsters.
OK, firstly, as at last season, Hilton is still there. Don’t make it sound like the sponsors left because of Fernando. They left because of poor performances, which meant less exposure and when they did get exposure it wasn’t in a good light. Taking Mobil for example, they left for Red Bull because Total left the sport and saw a better chance of exposure at the front and they said what the were bringing to McLaren wasn’t a fair reflection of where the team was.
I’m actually neither here nor there on Fernando coming back, it’s all boils down to Renault. As far as I know, he doesn’t bring sponsors, but let’s not make it sound like sponsors leave because of him. It makes more sense to link their boost in sponsorship to Zak Brown coming on the scene and an up turn in form.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

PowerandtheGlory

Ground Effect wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 06:29
wesley123 wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 22:42
PowerandtheGlory wrote:

OK, firstly, as at last season, Hilton is still there. Don’t make it sound like the sponsors left because of Fernando. They left because of poor performances, which meant less exposure and when they did get exposure it wasn’t in a good light. Taking Mobil for example, they left for Red Bull because Total left the sport and saw a better chance of exposure at the front and they said what the were bringing to McLaren wasn’t a fair reflection of where the team was.
I’m actually neither here nor there on Fernando coming back, it’s all boils down to Renault. As far as I know, he doesn’t bring sponsors, but let’s not make it sound like sponsors leave because of him. It makes more sense to link their boost in sponsorship to Zak Brown coming on the scene and an up turn in form.
Im pretty certain when Honda were in discussions with Ron about coming back and the likely investment required to develop and supply the team with Engines ( North of £200+ million in Development and Supplying the Team itself and providing the team with a works supply ((worth 25Million a year)) it was on the proviso that they had a top level driver.. Mclaren had just lost Hamilton (still had Button) who was a world champ- but the promise of Alonso as well - this was What Honda needed to bring them back into the sport... Honda effectively paid Alonso to be there.. and that is what Nando' provided.

It went Sour as the engine was a Dog's dinner the first few years as they underestimated the challenge.. Before anyone starts moaning about these comments- the engine at first test had no engine maps for pit lane speed limiter or anything installed, it was horrifically not ready at the time. Mclaren did their best to paper over the cracks but it was a shambles.. a real shame- one that everyone is desperate to move on from. Nando will bring sponsorship to Renault if he joins- whether it be keeping the ones they have or attracting new ones.. Don't believe me google the Viewing figures in F1 during his years of dominance across spain and Italy and other latin American countries - the numbers were insane and so was the interest from sponsors- Liberty were desperate for him to stay before he quit. Aside from Hamilton- Alonso is the 'name' that most of other 'non' F1 motorsport fans will know..

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Jambier

So no RS20 present #-o

Will be an useless presentation then, we will have to wait for testing

waynes

whats the point in that :D

save it til testing lads, thats an absolute waste of everyones time

Jambier

Well I think they set up the launch date a while back

But car is not ready so... they kept the date, but no car :roll:

the EDGE

excitement levels are definitely going up this week... but sadly no longer for the Renault launch