Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
User avatar
Steven
Owner
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:32 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

torpor wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:42 am
Red is not the corporate color of INEOS. When you look at their websites you see that they use dark blue and orange. I don‘t understand why they decided to use a red background for their Signet on the Mercedes.
Maybe check out the cycling team's shirts. They're pretty red too ;)
https://www.teamineos.com/

User avatar
SparkyAMG
6
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

torpor wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:42 am
Red is not the corporate color of INEOS. When you look at their websites you see that they use dark blue and orange. I don‘t understand why they decided to use a red background for their Signet on the Mercedes.
Burgandy is the INEOS Team UK brand colour, so they're using that rather than the main INEOS corporate colours.

User avatar
Unc1eM0nty
6
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:18 pm
Location: Yorkshire (Gods own county)

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

It's the same colour scheme they're using for their cycling team (formerly team sky)
https://www.teamineos.com/

I agree though it does not go with the Petronas colous

astracrazy
astracrazy
56
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

I used to like that brushed metal look, I wish they would use that again.

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
480
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

ajprice wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:18 pm
I think there could be something going on with the airbox when the W11 does show. The shape of the Ineos red section doesn't fit this livery show car, a bit like the W01 livery show car was a repainted Brawn with the black streak on the engine cover that looked like it was in an odd place, the early spec W01 had a similar black streak, then later in the year the updated W01 turned up with the split airbox and roll fin, with the black streak matching up to the airbox position.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/H6499T/motors ... H6499T.jpg

https://www.racecar-engineering.com/wp- ... ercbox.jpg

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5ED355AE
Interesting observation. So if the shape of the Ineos sticker is actually fashioned to match the shape of W11 we can expect a longer, barrel shaped airbox perhaps.
Not driving a Mercedes? Work harder!

w1Y
w1Y
1
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Cant believe im going to say this but the ineos bit looks like a fleshlight

User avatar
Holm86
230
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

If this is the W11, the livery seems different than the one presented yesterday, maybe it was just to to show their new partner

User avatar
Racer X
10
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:45 pm
If this is the W11, the livery seems different than the one presented yesterday, maybe it was just to to show their new partner
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 58627?s=20
OR they have that for their in house use during meetings?
SENNA

User avatar
Holm86
230
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Racer X wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:02 pm
Holm86 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:45 pm
If this is the W11, the livery seems different than the one presented yesterday, maybe it was just to to show their new partner
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 58627?s=20
OR they have that for their in house use during meetings?
That's very possible, but it just caught my eye, and to me it looks so much cooler than what was presented yesterday 😄

Owen.C93
Owen.C93
138
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

User avatar
Racer X
10
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:05 pm
Racer X wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:02 pm
Holm86 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:45 pm
If this is the W11, the livery seems different than the one presented yesterday, maybe it was just to to show their new partner
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 58627?s=20
OR they have that for their in house use during meetings?
That's very possible, but it just caught my eye, and to me it looks so much cooler than what was presented yesterday 😄
oH I AGREEE but we can only hope that the presentation yesterday was just to get EXTRA media attention free extra publicity for the new Sponsor. Lets hope they reveal a nicer looking one when they actually show the 2020 car. I mean i hope it *like some one already mentioned* lets hope it looks better on the newer car at least.
SENNA

OO7
OO7
126
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:45 pm
If this is the W11, the livery seems different than the one presented yesterday, maybe it was just to to show their new partner
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 58627?s=20
I don't see any of those small, three pointed stars on that engine cover.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93
138
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Because it's the W8...
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

OO7
OO7
126
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Owen.C93 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:18 pm
Because it's the W8...
Makes sense. :)

krmx37
krmx37
0
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: Mercedes W11 Speculation Thread

Post

Owen.C93 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:18 pm
Because it's the W8...
well, the Petronas "scratch" is missing on the W08, no ?