[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

ImageImage

Last edited by Wouter on 13 Feb 2020, 16:18, edited 2 times in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Holm86

I think the deeper blue last year looked better

But the orange in matte looks much better, never really liked the papaya orange, being that flat and glossy, but in matte it looks good.

mclaren111

I Love the Orange Halo....

adrianjordan

Personally I think the car would look amazing if they had a sort of pearlescent orange paint....like some of their road cars have....but probably don't do that due to the weight of the flakes in the paint etc.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

bauc

Szabi1112 wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 15:54
bauc wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 15:50
Step back in livery design but I hope a step forward in performance
I dont agree with you. Earlier I said blue-orange-black dont match, but this livery seems to me so beuty.
That is fine, esthetics are personal preferences
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

bosyber

I don't really like the overalls - too much soft blue, too little orange for my taste. But the livery on the car looks sharp, I think, even though the back looks very wide and long from above thanks to the even, matte, orange delineated by the black lines and the blue, I like the sidepod colour and fade, and the dell blue strip too.

And that helmet of Sainz jr. looks great

Lucky

dr_cooke

Spanish Low cost gas station network. Perfect Match

ScottR267

Jambier wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 16:08
RonDennis wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 15:57
You do have that feeling that they might be working on some deal, because you would have thought that they could find a sponsor for the front wing plates.
Yeah, the big empty spaces on the car, for me it means that coming to Melbourne they should have a new big sponsor
I’d be surprised if there was in all honestly. Typically sponsorships are tied up over the winter especially the big sponsorship deals. I like you however do hope they get one in as the blank space looks silly I think. Saying that the last few years McLaren have had blank space in that area.

SmallSoldier

ScottR267 wrote:
Jambier wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 16:08
RonDennis wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 15:57
You do have that feeling that they might be working on some deal, because you would have thought that they could find a sponsor for the front wing plates.
Yeah, the big empty spaces on the car, for me it means that coming to Melbourne they should have a new big sponsor
I’d be surprised if there was in all honestly. Typically sponsorships are tied up over the winter especially the big sponsorship deals. I like you however do hope they get one in as the blank space looks silly I think. Saying that the last few years McLaren have had blank space in that area.
It could make sense to delay a key deal for after the launch, since most of the attention at this point is on the car itself and not the sponsors... As an sponsor, you would like the announcement to be special (especially when it would be a key sponsor like the one you would place in that space).

On the other hand, it’s not like the team is lacking sponsors and they have probably placed a price tag for that space that none of the current ones is willing or capable of paying for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Macklaren

I love this livery. I love how clean and uncluttered this looks. I was really concerned over there winter that there would be stickers everywhere with the number of new sponsors they signed.

Ground Effect

Unilever not featured on the car?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Manoah2u

YES really really cool helmet, i love it. Reminds me of classic helmets that were instantly recognisable,
the likes of Alesi for example. I like it!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SmallSoldier

Ground Effect wrote:Unilever not featured on the car?
I’ll have to double check... But you may be onto something... If they took Unilever (Rexona) from Williams and we haven’t seen them in the car just yet... They might very well be the ones getting that space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk