2020 Driver Helmets

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JordanFiveOh

Re: 2020 Driver Helmets

Just_a_fan wrote:I'm going to drop a little, possibly contentious, thought in here: purple was the colour of emperors in Roman times and following on. Perhaps it's a statement of intent...
Nah it’s simple. It represents all the purple sectors he’s going to achieve!

Wouter

JordanFiveOh wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 15:29
Just_a_fan wrote:I'm going to drop a little, possibly contentious, thought in here: purple was the colour of emperors in Roman times and following on. Perhaps it's a statement of intent...
Nah it’s simple. It represents all the purple sectors he’s going to achieve!
Nah, it's simple, it replaces all the purple sectors he should have been driving. :wink:
Before I get a downvote ...... I am joking.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

Lando Norris's 2020 helmet

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PlatinumZealot

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

El Scorchio

The two McLaren helmets are fantastic.

Thinking again about Hamilton- isn't it now really similar to Bottas in color and pattern? Could be tough to tell them apart.

NathanOlder

El Scorchio wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 15:07

Thinking again about Hamilton- isn't it now really similar to Bottas in color and pattern? Could be tough to tell them apart.
Do people still look for the helmet to tell them apart ? I mean the MASSIVE numbers on the cars and the T-Cam colours are much much easier to tell the difference anyway now with the Halo.

Also like to add, Just saw Lewis in the car today in some pics, and the helmet colour clashing with the car as you said is totally wrong.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

El Scorchio

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 15:36
El Scorchio wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 15:07

Do people still look for the helmet to tell them apart ? I mean the MASSIVE numbers on the cars and the T-Cam colours are much much easier to tell the difference anyway now with the Halo.

Also like to add, Just saw Lewis in the car today in some pics, and the helmet colour clashing with the car as you said is totally wrong.
True! With the halo, it's more difficult anyway as you say, but i have to admit I still look for helmet colour first- at least on the Mercs the driver numbers are usually fairly clear, but on a lot of the cars not so easy to spot. I think F1 could do more to make sure all driver numbers on cars are clearer than they are now.

TAG

Always hated when they switched from the yellow and red T bars to the black and red. In longer tv shots it's impossible to see the driver's helmet but it was always easy to differentiate between yellow and red. The black makes it a lot harder, don't remember when they switched but it's been a few years now. 3?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

NathanOlder

TAG wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:58
Always hated when they switched from the yellow and red T bars to the black and red. In longer tv shots it's impossible to see the driver's helmet but it was always easy to differentiate between yellow and red. The black makes it a lot harder, don't remember when they switched but it's been a few years now. 3?
But they are black and yellow #-o surely you cant get any better for a different look than a neon yellow and a black T Cam ??
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

TAG

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 17:00
TAG wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:58
But they are black and yellow #-o surely you cant get any better for a different look than a neon yellow and a black T Cam ??
Black blends in, Neon Red stands out.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत