[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

From Andrew Benson’s article:

Seidl said he was happy with both drivers and he saw "no reason" to change them in the future.
While Norris is on a long-term deal with McLaren, Sainz said he was keen to extend his contract beyond the end of 2020.
"It is not a secret I am very happy here in McLaren and there have been some things going on in the background," he said. "We have started to talk already, but at the same time we take it easy as there is no rush at all."

Didn’t know Lando was on a long term deal, I thought he got extended for just 2020.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Balalu

According to McLaren's Facebook post on the 13th, the MCL35 will be on track possibly tomorow for a filming day. They said 'in a couple of days'. If not Saturday, then maybe Sunday. Can't wait to see it in action!
Last edited by Balalu on 15 Feb 2020, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

ScottR267

One sponsor I can’t say I noticed was FxPro located anywhere on the car. I could be wrong and it my eyes deceiving me.

However late last year they extended their deal with branding to be on the front wing and cockpit surrounding albeit this is to be from Australia onwards. Wonder if that means the BAT different brands will be on the front wing end plates instead.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners ... extension/

cbbcisace

ScottR267 wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 12:44
One sponsor I can’t say I noticed was FxPro located anywhere on the car. I could be wrong and it my eyes deceiving me.

However late last year they extended their deal with branding to be on the front wing and cockpit surrounding albeit this is to be from Australia onwards. Wonder if that means the BAT different brands will be on the front wing end plates instead.

They are on the front wing just under the nose and where Logitech used to be on the headrest..

charliesmithhd

ScottR267 wrote:

right at the front

ScottR267

charliesmithhd wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 13:59
ScottR267 wrote:

https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... _BAT_2.jpg
right at the front
Well spotted, can’t say I noticed it until you pointed it out!

proteus

ScottR267 wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 14:40
charliesmithhd wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 13:59
ScottR267 wrote:

https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... _BAT_2.jpg
right at the front
It really makes me wonder if the price really spiked so high for this season that FxPro became so much smaller for the same money, or they paid less for this season, since they have almost disappeared from the car.

I am still missing Unilever, while Arrow and Dell also seem to be smaller then they were. I guess Australia will be the final indicator how much exposure and branding companies have.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Ground Effect

proteus wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 15:09
ScottR267 wrote:
It really makes me wonder if the price really spiked so high for this season that FxPro became so much smaller for the same money, or they paid less for this season, since they have almost disappeared from the car.

I am still missing Unilever, while Arrow and Dell also seem to be smaller then they were. I guess Australia will be the final indicator how much exposure and branding companies have.
It’s been confirmed that Unilever won’t appear on the car
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

cbbcisace

proteus wrote:
ScottR267 wrote:

Just depends how you see it. FxPro was only even see from the front angle last season now this season every onboard you’ll see their logo, Arrow still have a similar sized logo and are still on the engine cover plus the nose cone so no change there. Dell have moved but are in a prime spot too so don’t see an issue with that?

proteus

Ground Effect wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 15:21
proteus wrote:
ScottR267 wrote:

I thought i have red somewhere branding is going to be on the side of the tub.

ScottR267

proteus wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 16:33
Ground Effect wrote:
proteus wrote:

See earlier post whereby McLaren confirmed will not be a brand exposure sponsorship tie up. Link below for ease.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/mcla ... -branding/

charliesmithhd

Seen a few team members on their way to Barcelona, so maybe not a shakedown today, but Monday/ tuesday

proteus

ScottR267 wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 17:02
proteus wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 16:33
Ground Effect wrote:

See earlier post whereby McLaren confirmed will not be a brand exposure sponsorship tie up. Link below for ease.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/mcla ... -branding/
Thank you.

cbbcisace

charliesmithhd wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 17:36
Seen a few team members on their way to Barcelona, so maybe not a shakedown today, but Monday/ tuesday
Rumours it’s tomorrow...

Ground Effect

charliesmithhd wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 17:36
The first report I came across stated Tuesday would be the shakedown. But since then, Saturday or Sunday has been suggested, we’ll see how it goes.