Renault F1 R.S. 20 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PowerandtheGlory

Re: Renault F1 R.S. 20 Speculation Thread

Cant help but feel the release of this year's car - in terms of the PR hasn't been great... the philosophy seems confused. From teaser videos in the factory to no car on the stand- to Cyril's response- and now a grainy B&W picture of the car on exit.. It lacks the fanfare or excitement id be hoping for. I think they need 1 clear approach instead of 2-3 confused ones. Unless they are hiding something special.. we will see on Wednesday - cant tell much from the photo released..

edit: Im also confused, because we were told there was a 'testing livery' - but the B&W photo looks like a final livery they would use during the season.. soooo.. what's the testing livery we've been told about?? Confusing..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Sevach

That's a lot of rake, can't say much else.

ScrewCaptain27

Looks like it finally has boomerangs on the bargeboards, and a very short nose.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

FittingMechanics

This is really starting to get excessive. I'd be surprised if they had a real reason to be so secretive but it's strange that they are going to such lenghts to hide the car.

Sevach

I don't understand this approach either...

In 2 days this thing will be on track for everyone to see.

PowerandtheGlory

FittingMechanics wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 12:04
This is really starting to get excessive. I'd be surprised if they had a real reason to be so secretive but it's strange that they are going to such lenghts to hide the car.
Another video with an alien autopsy filter on.. the secrecy is either a good or bad thing.. and what about Livery???
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Sevach

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 12:19
FittingMechanics wrote:
Another video with an alien autopsy filter on.. the secrecy is either a good or bad thing.. and what about Livery???
Seems like no testing livery, i'd say it's the same as last year (adapted to the new shape).

PowerandtheGlory

Sevach wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 12:28
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
FittingMechanics wrote:
Seems like no testing livery, i'd say it's the same as last year (adapted to the new shape).
Meh’... well as long as the concept is fast. Getting slightly worried that Renault’s development on both engine and aero side will be affected this year.. fingers crossed for testing.. the midfield will be close this year i think Alpha tauri will be 4th fastest at the start of the year

Sevach

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 12:31
Sevach wrote:
PowerandtheGlory wrote:

Meh’... well as long as the concept is fast. Getting slightly worried that Renault’s development on both engine and aero side will be affected this year.. fingers crossed for testing.. the midfield will be close this year i think Alpha tauri will be 4th fastest at the start of the year
It should be a difficult year for midfield teams, maybe Alpha Tauri and Haas will benefit because they "borrow" so much stuff anyways.

PowerandtheGlory

Sevach wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 12:35
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 12:31
Sevach wrote:

It should be a difficult year for midfield teams, maybe Alpha Tauri and Haas will benefit because they "borrow" so much stuff anyways.
To hear RB call Toro a ‘sister’ team for the first time instead of a junior team..
Because merc have such reliability and tge drivers can cut through the field.. RB need a few cars quick enough to block those 4th 5th and 6th places and take points off Merc.. the merc cars will finish races, but a 1st lap spin or puncture usually pushes them back- until they cut through the field to minimize the points lost. More fast cars in those places stops merc’s championship push..
Toro have RB’s rear end from last year and same spec engines and gb. Id say a toro is about 85-90% a RB.. unofficially of course

AMG.Tzan

Why do we have on track pictures from Haas and Williams and not from Renault?? Photographers were thrown out of the track when Renault went out?? :lol:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

F1Krof

I do not think it is more to it. There is nothing funny going on just that they're trying to do something different to others.

Although I would hope so. But judging by the past I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
Wroom wroom

jagunx51

AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:29
Why do we have on track pictures from Haas and Williams and not from Renault?? Photographers were thrown out of the track when Renault went out?? :lol:
I think they r testing some kind of cloacking device :shock:

............!!!!

Blackout

If it leaks, we can beat it.