Renault F1 R.S. 20 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Predator

Re: Renault F1 R.S. 20 Speculation Thread

jagunx51 wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:52

I think they r testing some kind of cloacking device :shock:

https://www.ghostinthemachine.net/predcloak.jpg
How dare you post a pic of me without my permission!

Poor 'show' from Renault. They haven't created the excitement in the lead-up to the launch of the car. Let's be honest, it's not like they're hiding a silver bullet that will solve all their issues and propel them to the front of the grid. Seems like they know this season is just a stopgap in preparation for '21.

Iowa

From Reddit

PowerandtheGlory

jagunx51 wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:29
Why do we have on track pictures from Haas and Williams and not from Renault?? Photographers were thrown out of the track when Renault went out?? :lol:

Ahhhhh..... Wrath of Khan Quote:

"...the Things gotta have a tailpipe.."
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Lucky

Emag

Very mercedes-like nose. Very different from what they have been using last couple of years. Why can't they just release the car already ffs.

DAMNINice

Mercedes like slim nose with cape and interesting looking front wing with quite high elements on the outer edge.
Nearly looks like they are not using the full width on the inner edge.
REal men play with twins!

Mattchu

They have really gone with the current slim nose/cape and having the suspension members high up. The nose looks to have a really nice clean profile, I expect Mercedes nose will look similar pretty soon.

Wouter

@ RenaultF1Team RS20 - The French team radically changes the front. Nose now in Mercedes style.
Including the "mantle" to channel the air under the frame. Front wing rather upwash.
Very interesting, waiting for better images
The Power of Dreams!

dren

They've gone with the trend of raising the front suspension points, too. It looks like they are the only team with high outboard front wing flaps. Even Mercedes and Red Bull lowered theirs a bit.
Honda!

jjn9128

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 14:33
jagunx51 wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:29
Why do we have on track pictures from Haas and Williams and not from Renault?? Photographers were thrown out of the track when Renault went out?? :lol:

Ahhhhh..... Wrath of Khan Quote:

"...the Things gotta have a tailpipe.."
That was Undiscovered Country :lol:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Blackout

The suspensions have the same height and the same layout as 2019. They are not higher.

JordanMugen

dren wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 15:15
They've gone with the trend of raising the front suspension points, too. It looks like they are the only team with high outboard front wing flaps. Even Mercedes and Red Bull lowered theirs a bit.
Precisely!

Do Renault know something that everyone else doesn't? How come Renault are the only team to still retain high outboard front wing flaps!? :wtf:

Steering tie-rods are still not in line with the upper wishbone either. #-o
Blackout wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 15:43
The suspensions have the same height and the same layout as 2019.
It almost seems the front suspension is exactly the same, which would be rather disappointing. :roll:

FittingMechanics

Mattchu wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 15:10
https://i.postimg.cc/v8VVyDXY/r2.png

They have really gone with the current slim nose/cape and having the suspension members high up. The nose looks to have a really nice clean profile, I expect Mercedes nose will look similar pretty soon.
To be honest, that grainy picture looks quite a bit like last years car, with the exception of the narrow nose. Almost everything identifiable looks the same. When I look more closely, minor differences on the leading edge of the front wing can be seen as well. Depending on when the left picture was taken, it could be new or not.

Mattchu

Blackout wrote:
The suspensions have the same height and the same layout as 2019. They are not higher.
We really need better pictures to be sure, but my initial observation was the upper wishbone use to enter about 3 inches below the wheel rim and now it`s near the top of the rim. The bottom just below the rim centre, now just above [from looking at the brake duct].

Again this could be the picture, the fact the car is jacked up, etc...

ScrewCaptain27

Mattchu wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 16:34
Blackout wrote:
We really need better pictures to be sure, but my initial observation was the upper wishbone use to enter about 3 inches below the wheel rim and now it`s near the top of the rim. The bottom just below the rim centre, now just above [from looking at the brake duct].

Again this could be the picture, the fact the car is jacked up, etc...
The wishbones look closer together, and the lower one looks slimmer.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian