F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Unc1eM0nty

Re: F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Watching pre-season is a bit dull but I’ll take whatever is on offer after the winter drought
Someone’s gunner have a stinker and my moneys on Williams
I love how it’s always a little rushed and amateur hour, burnt body work, gaffer tape holding stuff on, and getting the dremel out when something just won’t fit :)

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Giblet

Screens will be banned, but how about making human pyramids in front of the diffuser?

Ferrari could hire a coach from Cirque.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Big Tea

Giblet wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 15:28
Screens will be banned, but how about making human pyramids in front of the diffuser?

RedEx?

Edit.
Sorry, I keep forgetting I have shoes older than most readers :D
Redex in the engine is instant white smokescreen.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan

Big Tea wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 15:31
Giblet wrote:

RedEx?

Edit.
Sorry, I keep forgetting I have shoes older than most readers :D
Redex in the engine is instant white smokescreen.
Ah, those were the days! You can still buy Redex but no idea if it still makes the smoke. I used to love "cleaning out my engine" with a good dose of Redex. An excellent way to annoy downwind neighbours too! :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

etusch

Two drivers for every day of testing may be better choise. They may choose to make more laps to close one lesser day gap.

dtro

Giblet wrote:

Wasn't that who they hired for the launch this year?

langedweil

f1jcw wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 11:16
Is it time to unstick the 2019 testing thread?
I'd say so ..
At the moment everything feels very shattered across this usually tight forum, so it would definitely help to reorganize things a bit.
HuggaWugga !

Marti_EF3

Hey guys!

How about a direct with Twitch?? I've a channel there, and I can do a direct for all F1Technical at afternoons. Every day of the second week. (No official TV broadcast at 2nd week I think) Maybe I will try to answer your questions too If possible.

What do you think about it?

izzy

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 22:09
Hey guys!

How about a direct with Twitch?? I've a channel there, and I can do a direct for all F1Technical at afternoons. Every day of the second week. (No official TV broadcast at 2nd week I think) Maybe I will try to answer your questions too If possible.

Direct from a real fan can only be wonderful!

the EDGE

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Hey guys!

All 6 days of testing will be shown live but you can never have enough😉

Marti_EF3

the EDGE wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 22:40
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Hey guys!

It will be another point of view. Limited section of the track (3rd sector, or T1-T2-T3 coming from the straight), but at least you can see how various cars perform through some corners on a steady shot (yeah, no zooms,superslows and so on). But sometimes you can see things that TV masks with the perspective.

Well, you decide. I'll be there recording anyway :lol:

the EDGE

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 22:51
the EDGE wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Hey guys!

It will be another point of view. Limited section of the track (3rd sector, or T1-T2-T3 coming from the straight), but at least you can see how various cars perform through some corners on a steady shot (yeah, no zooms,superslows and so on). But sometimes you can see things that TV masks with the perspective.

Well, you decide. I'll be there recording anyway :lol:
As I said, you can never have too much, so yes that would be great. Also some won’t be able to watch official feed so I’m sure they will be pleased too

Wouter

the EDGE wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Hey guys!

Only people who have a subscription to TV Pro or can watch Sky TV can see testing.
A whole lot of people can't see testing, so I like the idea of @Marti, a direct with Twitch. =D>
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 23:25
the EDGE wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Hey guys!

Only people who have a subscription to TV Pro or can watch Sky TV can see testing.
A whole lot of people can't see testing, so I like the idea of @Marti, a direct with Twitch. =D>
Shame it will be "static" from the stands I've acces at the circuit, but it's something... :roll: Also it can be more fun if some Q-A through the streaming :lol:

Is up to you to give ideas :lol: