Aston Martin wants hyper-car to be faster than F1 cars

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Morteza

Re: Aston Martin wants hyper-car to be faster than F1 cars

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

humble sabot

What a tease, the preview image shows two more cars in the background, but they don't show up in the video. Except for an out of focus silhouette at 2:20.
EDIT: this one exists
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

MtthsMlw

humble sabot

Any word on whether the new CEO from AMG is pro Valkyrie?
Big low profit/loss leader projects are usually the first to get the axe between new CEO and economic downturn. Even well advanced ones.
And then throw in the fact that he'd have been involved in this project's main rival.
I suppose there might be too much customer money involved to axe it at this stage though.
All the build slots were accounted for before launch but I don't know if that necessarily implies significant percentages deposited or a lot of handshakes and token deposits. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the case that AM were sufficiently solvent to do so, they'd return deposits and shelve the whole project.
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Scorpaguy

humble sabot wrote:
26 May 2020, 21:30
Big low profit/loss leader projects are usually the first to get the axe between new CEO and economic downturn. Even well advanced ones.
And then throw in the fact that he'd have been involved in this project's main rival.
I suppose there might be too much customer money involved to axe it at this stage though.
All the build slots were accounted for before launch but I don't know if that necessarily implies significant percentages deposited or a lot of handshakes and token deposits. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the case that AM were sufficiently solvent to do so, they'd return deposits and shelve the whole project.
Supposedly, the Valk was a profitable venture. The uber rich seem a bit more immune to pandemic derived insolvencies. Thus, my guess is that it is a go...IF the contracts/deposits are on "good paper". Furthermore, I would aver the DBX's, the pre-pandemic savior, hoped for customers will be hard to find for a few years. Thus, the Valk may have "wheels'.

Cold Fussion

humble sabot wrote:
26 May 2020, 21:30
What is the AMG connection to Valkyrie? The engine is bespoke from Cosworth.

graham.reeds

The new boss is former head of AMG. Engines are usually sourced from AMG. Daimler owns (iirc) 10% of AML.

However, the collaboration with Adrian Newey is such high profile that it wouldn't be cancelled.

Just_a_fan

The project is way too far along to cancel. People have orders in place etc. They won't change the engine just because AMG now has a hand on the rudder.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

pierrre

well certainly hope it does not get cancelled, its an amazing car...although max did say the mule car no.1 was very loud and he was using a helmet

humble sabot

New clip with some neat shots of the active elements and some suspension movement.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3551 ... und-track/

Seems Moers has moved over to Valkyrie from the AMG One
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Just_a_fan

Moers apologizes for a delay in deliveries, citing the complexity of the project, but not before hyping the car up. "It's more sophisticated than anything I saw in my past, recently in my career, in my whole life," Moers says. "It's a very special car." As a reminder, Moers is the man who oversaw the Mercedes-AMG Project One in his previous gig as head of AMG. So when he says things like this about the Valkyrie, it means something.
Yes, it means he's not likely to turn up at his new employer and say "nah, it's not as good as the last one I did for someone else..." :lol:

The front wing flaps going in to what appears to be "lift" mode presumably reduces flow under the car and so reduces downforce/drag as speed increases. Hopefully that "fails safe" in the high downforce position. Wouldn't want it to fail as you hit the brakes and then find you've got a lot less grip than you expected! Active rear wing flap is fairly typical for these cars these days. Active management of the centre of pressure under braking using a rear flap of some sort has been in use since the F1 at least.

It does look like a tech/aero lovers feast. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ironben88

4G under braking, thats more than is estimated for the GMA T.50S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VanI8kfAeBY

humble sabot

Latest
There’s one from each of the usual suspects, carfection etc.
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

humble sabot

Bit by bit.
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare