F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
HJKM
HJKM

Re: F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

When RP said that they had just looked at photos of the W10 Haas pretty much called it BS
Please link to that quote from HAAS

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

HJKM wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 14:48
When RP said that they had just looked at photos of the W10 Haas pretty much called it BS
Please link to that quote from HAAS
I don’t have a direct quote I’m going off comments during commentary from today during testing. You can believe me or not that’s up to you.

izzy
izzy

Restomaniac wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 14:31
Oh you’re correct RP were. However new management and all that although that doesn’t stop it bring hypocritical.

I do find the Haas comments interesting though. If any other team knows about copying another teams car it’s them. When RP said that they had just looked at photos of the W10 Haas pretty much called it BS.
Well Haas were rotating Ferrari staff i think that is another level

But F1 have to do something now don't they, Lawrence has forced the issue

HJKM
HJKM

This is what Steiner said to Autosport: "I would put it like this. They use a lot of Mercedes parts on their car, so why would they go and copy a Red Bull? It's the same with us,"

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

izzy wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 14:52
Restomaniac wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 14:31
Oh you’re correct RP were. However new management and all that although that doesn’t stop it bring hypocritical.

I do find the Haas comments interesting though. If any other team knows about copying another teams car it’s them. When RP said that they had just looked at photos of the W10 Haas pretty much called it BS.
Well Haas were rotating Ferrari staff i think that is another level

But F1 have to do something now don't they, Lawrence has forced the issue
Well it will die off next year anyway (well for 12 months anyway). But Sainz seemed quite pragmatic about it when asked about the RP situation stating that’s there isn’t much they can do about it if RP is 1 sec a lap up the road. But yeah if you’re McLaren, Williams or Renault it’s gotta rankle a little.
Last edited by Restomaniac on 21 Feb 2020, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

GPR-A

Race Sim comparison between Hamilton and Verstappen.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

HJKM wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 14:56
This is what Steiner said to Autosport: "I would put it like this. They use a lot of Mercedes parts on their car, so why would they go and copy a Red Bull? It's the same with us,"
The key words there are the last 5. We know it’s more than just photos in regard to Haas and Ferrari. Also when somebody starts a statement with ‘I would put it like this’ you know it’s a very carefully worded statement.

Also that’s just one conversation. I’m pretty sure he’s had more than just that one with the press pack! Like I say if you don’t wish to believe me don’t.

Sierra117

If Mattia is sandbagging then dang, really rock on heart kind of stuff.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

HJKM
HJKM

Restomaniac wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 15:05
HJKM wrote:
The key words there are the last 5. We know it’s more than just photos in regard to Haas and Ferrari. Also when somebody starts a statement with ‘I would put it like this’ you know it’s a very carefully worded statement.

Also that’s just one conversation. I’m pretty sure he’s had more than just that one with the press pack! Like I say if you don’t wish to believe me don’t.
Easy there 😊 I just asked what quote you refered to.. it is not about belief..

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Ted has just quoted Binotto in saying when asked about being a Mercedes beater that ‘no not by Australia but maybe by the end of the season’ then when asked how it’s going that he wasn’t happy because they weren't fastest. Then when asked if they were second fastest he said ‘No’.

It doesn’t sound like Ferrari are a happy bunch ATM.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Sierra117 wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 15:27
If Mattia is sandbagging then dang, really rock on heart kind of stuff.
Doesn't sound good does it.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

HJKM wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 15:29
Restomaniac wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 15:05
HJKM wrote:

Easy there 😊 I just asked what quote you refered to.. it is not about belief..
No I’m fine. It was a genuine ‘it’s up to you’ response. :)

waynes
waynes

whats happened here? step away for 5 minutes and MAG has brought out a red flag

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

waynes wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 15:38
whats happened here? step away for 5 minutes and MAG has brought out a red flag
Tyre lost pressure and he went off.

HJKM