General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wynters

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Juzh wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 23:24
Hamilton's DF loss was negligible, only a little part of endplate was missing. He had practically new tires and a much superios car to gasly. At that stage he was probably 1.5-2s per lap quicker.
Agreed.

Without knowing the comparative resistances, it's foolish to draw any definite conclusions about power levels.

Either Gasly was running comparative DF and had a more powerful engine, in which case I don't understand why he didn't win the GP. Or, Gasly had less DF (which is why he was slower around the lap) in which case he would be able to outdrag Hamilton even if he had less power. Personally, I suspect the latter is the case.

Snorked

Asaki interview: https://www.as-web.jp/f1/567882/2

Says the goal this year is to match or beat Mercedes PU on all tracks.

ispano6

When asked about whether DAS was shocking, he said yes. But he also mentioned that Honda too had submitted ideas only to have them rejected by the FIA. He says political influence plays a role. Unfortunately no surprises there. Curious as to what those ideas were.

Sieper

This is exactly the issue I have. You are not allowed to burn 4 liter more fuel at the moments that count (100mg/second), 4 liters that are not on paper, unless you are Ferrari. You are not allowed to change set-up after parc ferme or have moving aero, unless you are Mercedes. The more you spent, or are of importance, the more you are entitled to win. FIA takes care of that.

jumpingfish

Can someone here say how much power Honda had at the start of the 2019 season and how much hp they received with all updates PU and new fuel to the end of season? (approximately)

Bill

The bit about politics and Das is not there in the interview so I wonder were you got it. If Fia is still playing politics with f1 they are playing with fire because sooner they won't be any manufacturers left in f1 Toyota and BMW didn't like the politics so they left vowing never to come back.

etusch

ispano6 wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 00:59
When asked about whether DAS was shocking, he said yes. But he also mentioned that Honda too had submitted ideas only to have them rejected by the FIA. He says political influence plays a role. Unfortunately no surprises there. Curious as to what those ideas were.
Hope everything will be explained in detail in future. What Honda wanted to bring and which rule cause it to be rejected if it is the reason

Wouter

Bill wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 08:46
The bit about politics and Das is not there in the interview so I wonder were you got it.
@Bill, it stands in the sentences above the picture of Asaki:

──パワーユニットから話が離れますが、メルセデスのステアリングは衝撃でしたか。
浅木センター長:衝撃ですよ。何をやっているんだろうと。あの発想は凄いです。僕らもいろんなアイデアを出すけど、FIAにダメ出しされたり(笑)。そこは正直、政治力もかかわってきます。

Not so good translated, but hey...
が I can talk about the power unit, but was the Mercedes steering wheel a shock?
Asaki: It was a shock. What are they doing? That idea is amazing. We came up with various ideas,
but the FIA ​​didn't allowed to do it (laughs). To be honest, it also involves political power.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill

Thanks.someone posted these image on other sites
https://i.imgur.com/cHC9Y3b.jpg
Redbull are running spa level rear wing that's definitely sandbagging because Barcelona is high downforce track

etusch

Bill wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 13:36
Thanks.someone posted these image on other sites
https://i.imgur.com/cHC9Y3b.jpg
Redbull are running spa level rear wing that's definitely sandbagging because Barcelona is high downforce track
That exited me too much

dxpetrov

Great insight. Should be posted in team's thread as well. Looking really promising and shows exactly why they have been so quietly confident..

maguetox

Wouter wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 10:05
Bill wrote:
The bit about politics and Das is not there in the interview so I wonder were you got it.

浅木センター長:衝撃ですよ。何をやっているんだろうと。あの発想は凄いです。僕らもいろんなアイデアを出すけど、FIAにダメ出しされたり(笑)。そこは正直、政治力もかかわってきます。

Asaki: It was a shock. What are they doing? That idea is amazing. We came up with various ideas,
but the FIA ​​didn't allowed to do it (laughs). To be honest, it also involves political power.
To me, if I understand correctly, the interest part of this interview,is how Honda is involved in some degree with aero o mechanical ideas to be applied at the RB16. If I recall correctly, prior to the Austria GP that Honda ask Red Bull to change the setup in the front suspension because it is interfering with the cooling of the PU so they can´t turn up the power, we all know the results after that.

etusch

maguetox wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 16:06
Wouter wrote:
Bill wrote:

To me, if I understand correctly, the interest part of this interview,is how Honda is involved in some degree with aero o mechanical ideas to be applied at the RB16. If I recall correctly, prior to the Austria GP that Honda ask Red Bull to change the setup in the front suspension because it is interfering with the cooling of the PU so they can´t turn up the power, we all know the results after that.
Do you think that they want to do things about car? When I read that I thought all of those were about engine, mgu-k and h. Those areas we can expect more from Honda...

PlatinumZealot

maguetox wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 16:06
Wouter wrote:
Bill wrote:

Remember at McLaren? They asked them to change the rear suspension too for traction out if corners.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ispano6

Bill wrote:
The bit about politics and Das is not there in the interview so I wonder were you got it. If Fia is still playing politics with f1 they are playing with fire because sooner they won't be any manufacturers left in f1 Toyota and BMW didn't like the politics so they left vowing never to come back.
Page 1 https://www.as-web.jp/f1/567882?all