New ad provider. Please report issues

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

New ad provider. Please report issues

All,

We're evaluating a new ad provider.
There are currently no changes in ad locations (though the banner at the very bottom of the forum pages may be a bit bigger).

Please keep your eyes open for strange ads, or other annoyances, and let me know!

Thanks!

strad

Re: New ad provider. Please report issues

Nuthin so far.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

nevill3

One of the Ads today is for the scam bitcoin pages that have widely been reported to be illegally using fake celebrity endorsements.

I have also had my MalwareBytes block a suspicious domain a few times since Christmas when viewing the Renault power unit thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22079&start=2460
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

turbof1

nevill3 wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 10:47
One of the Ads today is for the scam bitcoin pages that have widely been reported to be illegally using fake celebrity endorsements.

I have also had my MalwareBytes block a suspicious domain a few times since Christmas when viewing the Renault power unit thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22079&start=2460
I immediately notified Steven about your report on this, thanks! We'll get to the bottom of it. I advise anyone who is confronted by any bitcoin ad to not click the ad, not here or anywhere else. Apparently websites like facebook are being hit by it as well, falsely quoting celebrities and credible news outlets.

Regarding the renault power unit topic: that is indeed strange. Maybe there is something going on with one of the images. We will look into that as well.

EDIT: Should anybody experience this, please make a screenshot and post it here or contact us to send it over.
#AeroFrodo

maxxer

Annoying scam ads when using site on my mobile

bauc

I've been bombarded with ads based on my search ''preferences'' so all good for now :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Steven
Owner

Please check the current ad reports and status updates at
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27628