Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix documentation)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pyrone89

Re: Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix documentation)

But other than that, them filming just when Merc is having the launch of its B-spec to further demoralize the competition, I am taking a few guesses for the title of this episode:
“Walk in the German park”
“Ze Germans are coming again”
“When hope died”
“How to make your opponent cry”
“50 shades of getting lapped”
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Pyrone89

Sorry to crosspost, but relevant for both topics.

This is the exact race Netflix chose to film the Mercedes episode. Cant wait for season 2.

Sieper

Ooh the drama, those Netflix Guys and girls are very lucky.

Season one had a few very untrue narratives. Hope they do better this year.

waynes

hope it shows Magnussen and Grosjean getting sacked

bauc

SEASON 2 Trailer

0.36 seconds :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

waynes

This the right thread?

Bored of Haas coverage

Pyrone89

Documentation?

Racer X

So this pretty much covers last year right(season)? So will it somehow have a 'poor Ocon' sobstory in it and make Stroll and Perez look evil and a story about the evil take over of Force India by the horrible Strolls and how it was a plot to Destroy Force India that began with Perez. Then somehow show other F1 teams that dissipated out of existence and how that eventually became the Fate of Force India no thanks to Stroll and Perez. Which is why Ocon is gone and then somehow make the whole thing about Ocon being like the Pheonix rescued by Renault.... lol Im wondering is that possible could they somehow work Ocon into the Racing Point episode?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

algebraist

I'm on episode 5 and no sign of anything you've mentioned so far. Ep 4 is a touching tribute to Niki Lauder on the race after he passed. Ep 5 seems to be more "At Home with the Horners" which is utterly irritating me.

algebraist

Spoke too soon. Ep5 is now about Gasly.

dtro

Very nice to see the human side of the sport. Week after week of the same questions by journalists gets a bit old. As problematic as the presentation is from the perspective of a fan- that is there being little racing- what we get a glimpse of is fairly raw at times. I may edit this as I finish watching season 2.

the EDGE

Really enjoying the insight into the teams behind the scenes but I have to wonder what, other than comical value of course, Gunther Steiner brings to Haas... it’s certainly not his motivational attitude, his knowledge or his choice in drivers

adrianjordan

the EDGE wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 08:02
Really enjoying the insight into the teams behind the scenes but I have to wonder what, other than comical value of course, Gunther Steiner brings to Haas... it’s certainly not his motivational attitude, his knowledge or his choice in drivers
Maybe they have a swear jar and he is actually funding the team single handedly through his contributions to it...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

Massive respect for Lewis on the German GP weekend. A temp of 40 would be enough to put many normal people on bed rest or even in hospital..... There he was driving an F1 car on the limit..!!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Titchener

the EDGE wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 08:02
I thought the same, it's a very strange management style. I know it's edited for entertainment but I didn't see any signs of trying to resolve the issue, he just swears and threatens people.

Also, I like to the see the non PR side of the teams. Always interesting to hear from them without the need for a media script. I had no idea about Albons mums past.