F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Juzh

Re: F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Some onboards and telemetries. Make of them what you will.

P01 bottas barcelona 2020 test day 6 PM 1.16.196
https://streamable.com/ec7tc

bottas barcelona 2020 test day 6 PM 1.16.226
https://streamable.com/yhfmh

P02 verstappen barcelona 2020 test day 6 PM 1.16.269
https://streamable.com/rye5t

verstappen barcelona 2020 test day 6 PM aborted lap
https://streamable.com/0gu4q

Telemetries:

leclerc barcelona 2020 test day 6 AM 1.16.360
https://streamable.com/yk22e

ricciardo barcelona 2020 test day 6 AM 1.16.276
https://streamable.com/gw5za

perez barcelona 2020 test day 6 AM 1.16.658 C3 tyre
https://streamable.com/57uf9

closed1001
closed1001

Juzh wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 17:09

Ricciardo lap is very impressive. the cornering speed is close to mercedes
Last edited by closed1001 on 29 Feb 2020, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

GPR-A wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 14:11
dxpetrov wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 13:55
Do you seriously believe in that or just playing a devil's advocate? As we all learn through life, there is much more hiding behind the scene and what mainstream media wants you to know...

Until there is an established evidence to prove Ferrari did not comply with the rules in 2019, then everything is "Legal". Suspecting them to have done something illegal and going around peddling it, doesn't make it A FACT.
When it appeared during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix that Charles Leclerc had more gasoline in the tank of his car than was indicated on the documents provided by Ferrari, a more thorough investigation was required. A Ferrari car was reportedly seized afterwards, but no matter how the investigation was carried out, the FIA found irregularities weighing heavily enough that sanctions could not be avoided. It seems that, under pressure from competition, it has now been decided to disclose these sanctions without going into detail.
Why sanctions if nothing was wrong? Can you explain that to me?
The Power of Dreams!

GPR-A

Wouter wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 18:59
GPR-A wrote:
dxpetrov wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 13:55
Do you seriously believe in that or just playing a devil's advocate? As we all learn through life, there is much more hiding behind the scene and what mainstream media wants you to know...

Until there is an established evidence to prove Ferrari did not comply with the rules in 2019, then everything is "Legal". Suspecting them to have done something illegal and going around peddling it, doesn't make it A FACT.
When it appeared during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix that Charles Leclerc had more gasoline in the tank of his car than was indicated on the documents provided by Ferrari, a more thorough investigation was required. A Ferrari car was reportedly seized afterwards, but no matter how the investigation was carried out, the FIA found irregularities weighing heavily enough that sanctions could not be avoided. It seems that, under pressure from competition, it has now been decided to disclose these sanctions without going into detail.
Where does that establish your guys' claim of Ferrari were employing cheating methods with their PU, using FIA's recent statement and asking for Ferrari folks to apologize? Why quote an incident related to mis-reporting of fuel carried and try justify speculative statement of cheating by an immature individual?

Wouter

GPR-A wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 19:49
Wouter wrote:
GPR-A wrote:

Where does that establish your guys' claim of Ferrari were employing cheating methods with their PU, using FIA's recent statement and asking for Ferrari folks to apologize? Why quote an incident related to mis-reporting of fuel carried and try justify speculative statement of cheating by an immature individual?
You do not read at all what I am asking.
I'm not talking about Max Verstappen and apologies from Ferrari at all. That doesn't bother me at all.

You claim that Ferrari did nothing wrong.
I then ask you, (but I have not received an answer from you):

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Step back a bit and analyse the carefully worded statement, though, and you quickly realise that it is actually what wasn’t said that stands out.

For while the statement did not conclude that Ferrari had been cheating with its engine; equally it did not confirm that the team had been found to be fully in compliance with the rules either.

And the lack of a definitive answer one way or another has simply served to add fuel to the fire that something was indeed amiss last year with what Ferrari was doing.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/anal ... e/4703298/

yelistener

Juzh wrote:
I see you hate the broadcast halo telemetry so much that you replaced it with a still halo image. :D

BTW Red Bull didn't produce any sharp cornering speed in the testing. Ferrari, although still a dog elsewhere, had that crazy 177km/h T1. Mercedes is just mighty all around, particularly 122km/h T5 and 183km/h T7 by Bottas day 6. :shock:

Juzh

yelistener wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 02:00
Juzh wrote:
I see you hate the broadcast halo telemetry so much that you replaced it with a still halo image. :D

It's an annoying distraction since it's horrendously out of sync so I tried to blur it out as best I could. TBH it's not worth sinking even more effort for some random test laps.

yelistener wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 02:00
Juzh wrote:
BTW Red Bull didn't produce any sharp cornering speed in the testing. Ferrari, although still a dog elsewhere, had that crazy 177km/h T1. Mercedes is just mighty all around, particularly 122km/h T5 and 183km/h T7 by Bottas day 6. :shock:
I noticed that too. There's a tiny chance RB were trully just running around fat on fuel even on performance runs, but otherwise I agree, so far there's been nothing special about them. The slower the corner the more advantage mercedes gets. It's also quite obvious bottas ran the engine in what seems to be the lowest mode possible, or close to it.
At this stage I put merc easily above RB for Q3 in melbourne.

GPR-A

Wouter wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 20:20
GPR-A wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 19:49
Wouter wrote:

You do not read at all what I am asking.
I'm not talking about Max Verstappen and apologies from Ferrari at all. That doesn't bother me at all.

Sanctions? You mean the got fined. They misreported the starting fuel load. Any car can start wiith any fuel load and have to report it as such. There was a mistake in reporting and they got fined. What's the exact problem here? What are you reading here that is different?

TAG

GPR-A wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 02:42
Sanctions? You mean the got fined. They misreported the starting fuel load. Any car can start wiith any fuel load and have to report it as such. There was a mistake in reporting and they got fined. What's the exact problem here? What are you reading here that is different?
Pumpkin eaters.
"The technical regulations have been revised again for 2020, requiring teams to add second fuel flow sensors to their power units."

Anyone other than Ferrari would have been disqualified for the season. Let's talk about 2020 shall we? This is so last year.
Last edited by TAG on 01 Mar 2020, 05:08, edited 1 time in total.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

PlatinumZealot

dtro wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 19:32
F1Technical featured on SkyTV apparently
Do tell...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

GPR-A

TAG wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 02:51
GPR-A wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 02:42
Pumpkin eaters.
"The technical regulations have been revised again for 2020, requiring teams to add second fuel flow sensors to their power units."

Anyone other than Ferrari would have been disqualified for the season. Let's talk about 2020 shall we? This is so last year.
Another speculative statement. Man, your dislike for Ferrari and Schumacher is well established. Anyway, let's talk about 2020. Yeah.

Link -> HOW LONG RUNS HINT AT FERRARI’S TRUE POTENTIAL

Mamba
Mamba

dxpetrov wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 14:44
We all know that "the evidence" will never come out to daylight as long as it undermines Ferrari's reputation. This is closely linked to FIA and F1 reputation, being the most important brand. One of the most common dilusion that is fed on that is completely weong expectation that Ferrari would be somehow the n1 challenger to Mercedes, year after year, even though the last time they actually won anything could be related to someone's memory capacity.
The truth will certainly come out somewhere. But I just wanted to point it out that year after year since 2017 all I read pre-season was/is that Red Bull will take on Mercedes as challenger no.1 that year, yet it always ends up being Ferrari. Red Bull usually have favourite tracks and really get going after the summer break.

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 20:20
You (@GPR-A) do not read at all what I am asking.

I never knew that it is allowed here to give someone a downvote for just asking a question.
Thank you for the downvote. I will not ask any more questions, as long as you get downvotes for this.
The Power of Dreams!

Turnipfarmer
Turnipfarmer

Out of interest anyone got link to the tyre adjusted times from testing?