FIA-Ferrari PU Statement Controversy

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
timbo

Re: FIA-Ferrari PU Statement Controversy

dans79 wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:20
Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:14
I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari faced a protest in Oz. Then they have to demonstrate to the stewards that the car is legal. No fudging allowed then.
I mentioned this earlier in the week. All seven teams can basically take turns protesting Ferrari, and with each new protest they would use a sloght derivation of the previous protest. It would make Ferrari and the FIA's lives he**.
I believe to protest they have to specify exactly what is the things they protest. Otherwise, every team could protest any other on the grounds of "the other team is too fast".
Last year other teams hinted they had suspicions on what Ferrari does, but never protested.

Also, by now the engine is likely 100% by the book.

timbo

Chene_Mostert wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:25
Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:14
I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari faced a protest in Oz. Then they have to demonstrate to the stewards that the car is legal. No fudging allowed then.
but they already demonstrated it to the FIA. the stewards are part of the FIA?
Stewards are called in by FIA, but they work independently.

Xwang

Xwang

Art 12.1.1.f Internation Sporting code?

Laserguru

Chene_Mostert wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:30
timbo wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:27
Chene_Mostert wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:25

but they already demonstrated it to the FIA. the stewards are part of the FIA?
But still to the same regulations. and its not like they are going to call any of the "they cheating" chaps from here?

You think so? Remember 2014 when stewards from the Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi opted to disqualify both Red Bull Racing drivers after it was found that the team had designed its front wings to flex under aerodynamic load?
Engineering thrives on communication. Jus soli defending WDC, love and merchandise McLaren, passion and inspiration Ferrari. Open wheel car racing and karting addict.

Chene_Mostert

Laserguru wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:48
Chene_Mostert wrote:
timbo wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:27

But still to the same regulations. and its not like they are going to call any of the "they cheating" chaps from here?

You think so? Remember 2014 when stewards from the Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi opted to disqualify both Red Bull Racing drivers after it was found that the team had designed its front wings to flex under aerodynamic load?
No i don't remember, did they pass the static load test?
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

Unc1eM0nty

The Seven don't look like they're going to back down anytime soon, I don't know what they really expect to achieve though, maybe the FIA will eventualy open up with some info, just a little, it's very unlikely they will go back and redistibute any prize money.

I can't help thinking that this is not the real battle though, just the opening salvo of a bigger war, the 2021 concord agreement.

Whatever the outcome of this debarcle it's damaged both the FIA and Ferrari, they appear far too cosy and will be weakend going into these nogotiations, Ferrari's veto and extra prize money will be high on the list for the Seven.

Chene_Mostert

Unc1eM0nty wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 21:03
The Seven don't look like they're going to back down anytime soon, I don't know what they really expect to achieve though, maybe the FIA will eventualy open up with some info, just a little, it's very unlikely they will go back and redistibute any prize money.

I can't help thinking that this is not the real battle though, just the opening salvo of a bigger war, the 2021 concord agreement.

Whatever the outcome of this debarcle it's damaged both the FIA and Ferrari, they appear far too cosy and will be weakend going into these nogotiations, Ferrari's veto and extra prize money will be high on the list for the Seven.
Within the first 5 races, we will have White bull turning on Pink Mercedes, Red Bull turning on Mercedes AMG, Renault doing their own thing and Mclaren +williams remaining firmly attached to Mercedes AMG's sack.
The Magnificent Seven will be watered down to the Three Caballeros :D

We're three caballeros'
three gay caballeros,
they say we're birds of a feather...
We're happy amigos
no matter where he goes,
the one, two and three goes,
we're always together.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

Unc1eM0nty

I just can't wait for it all to start, I just hope the races go ahead and no more are cancelled.

etusch

:lol: :lol: :lol:

timbo

Chene_Mostert wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:53
Laserguru wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 20:48
Chene_Mostert wrote:

No i don't remember, did they pass the static load test?
https://www.racecar-engineering.com/new ... d-illegal/

RZS10

edit: Somehow messed up and did not quote...
214270 wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 16:54
Does anyone know if this statement/settlement mess is Masi or is it a different grouping within the FIA? I don’t know much about the FIA heirachy.

The articles about the WMSC statement claim that Jean Todt personally oversaw the investigation.
Last edited by RZS10 on 06 Mar 2020, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

Chene_Mostert wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 21:17
Unc1eM0nty wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 21:03

Within the first 5 races, we will have White bull turning on Pink Mercedes, Red Bull turning on Mercedes AMG, Renault doing their own thing and Mclaren +williams remaining firmly attached to Mercedes AMG's sack.
The Magnificent Seven will be watered down to the Three Caballeros :D

We're three caballeros'
three gay caballeros,
they say we're birds of a feather...
We're happy amigos
no matter where he goes,
the one, two and three goes,
we're always together.
2009 paints a wholly different picture. When there is money on the line, people will stand shoulder to shoulder with their biggest enemies.

They might end being the river with red blood running in it from Ferrari's and or FIA's corpse.
#AeroFrodo

Xwang

RZS10 wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 21:53
The articles about the WMSC statement claim that Jean Todt personally oversaw the investigation.
Can you give some links, please?

RZS10

Motorsport network ... try there