Koenigsegg Gemera

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Morteza

Koenigsegg Gemera

So a four-seat GT hybrid from Koenigsegg with 1700bhp from an ICE along with 3 electric motors. The engine [which is the most interesting bit to me] is a three-cylinder, twin-turbo 2.0-litre with their ‘Freevalve’ technology producing 600bhp. 0-100 in 1.9 seconds with a top speed of around 400 km/h. It has a dry weight of 1715 kilos. The range is very curious, which is 50 km for electric engines and 950 km for the ICE. The fuel capacity is 75 L.
More info in the links below

The Koenigsegg Gemera is a 1,700bhp four-seat ‘Mega GT’

Koenigsegg Gemera

Last edited by Morteza on 04 Mar 2020, 07:57, edited 2 times in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Maritimer

Re: Koenigsegg Gemera

Engine drives the front wheels according to Top Gear, this is a front engine car then? Bit of a departure for the company.

Morteza

Maritimer wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 06:38
Engine drives the front wheels according to Top Gear, this is a front engine car then? Bit of a departure for the company.
The engine is at the back
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Andres125sx

Only 1700bhp? Not enough to me :lol: :lol:

Will this nosense competition stop at some point or they (all manufacturers) will continue increasing power forever?

Tattoo-

Maritimer wrote:
ICE drives front wheels and two electric motors drives rear wheels...so it's four wheel drive. Car also have four wheel steer and torque vectoring. Very interesting concept! :shock:
"There are only three sports: bull fighting, car racing and mountain climbing. The rest are mere games!" - Ernest Hemingway

Maritimer

Morteza wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 07:55
Maritimer wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/BF5LZVB.jpg
Very strange, especially with the engine being transverse.

Holm86

Maritimer wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 09:43
Morteza wrote:
Maritimer wrote:
Its longitudinal, and CvK usually does not think in conventional terms :D

Maritimer

Holm86 wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 12:38
Maritimer wrote:
Morteza wrote:

I didnt even notice it in the layout until now, I thought the muffler was the valve cover. That's even stranger.

Holm86

Maritimer wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 12:40
Holm86 wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 12:38
Maritimer wrote:

I didnt even notice it in the layout until now, I thought the muffler was the valve cover. That's even stranger.
Strange but extremely visionary.
Im seriously excited about the freevalve technology.

The engine has 3 cylinders with 4 valves per cylinder. So there is 6 exhaust valves, where each has its own seperate exhaust liner. So from each cylinder one exhaust valve exhausts into one turbo, and the other into the second turbo.
Its pretty neat that you can open every valve individually at any time.

RZS10

The ICE is small and relatively light because of the freevalve tech, it sends it's power to the front via the hydracoup they used in the Regera if i'm not mistaken...

Here's a good video about the freevalve tech
Andres125sx wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 09:02

Will this nosense competition stop at some point or they (all manufacturers) will continue increasing power forever?
Well to some degree it's thanks to electrification that they are all really pushing up the bhp numbers because it's super easy to just drop in 4x500bhp electric motors ... 1000bhp+ was the exception so far, the holy trinity did not get there, it was the Bugattis and Koenigseggs mainly... now i lost count of how many new 1000 to 2000bhp EVs are being announced :lol:
Nio, Rimac, Lotus, Aspark, Pininfarina ... there's probably more

Holm86

RZS10 wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 13:34
The ICE is small and relatively light because of the freevalve tech, it sends it's power to the front via the hydracoup they used in the Regera if i'm not mistaken...

Andres125sx wrote:

Well to some degree it's thanks to electrification that they are all really pushing up the bhp numbers because it's super easy to just drop in 4x500bhp electric motors ... 1000bhp+ was the exception so far, the holy trinity did not get there, it was the Bugattis and Koenigseggs mainly... now i lost count of how many new 1000 to 2000bhp EVs are being announced :lol:
Yes, the hydracoup is from the Regera. I could really see this system implementet in some sort of truck, with a diesel engine assisted by the electro motor, through a hydrocoup

etusch

RZS10 wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 13:34

Andres125sx wrote:

In this video Koenigsegg saying that this valve tech allow to work until 20.000 rpm. First time they introduce free valve tech in another video I thought they will do the job completely by solenoids. I was wondering, that time that after combustion strok, can that solenoid open the exhaust valve when there is gas pressure in the Chamber? Now I see that they are not using solenoid itself but using solenoid as actuators and air to make the job. As you know that air is compresable. So I wonder if air is convenient to make precise work with valves or can it be done with same speed with oil which is not compresable and looks able to do more precise job.

etusch

NL_Fer

The KDD (direct drive) is fascinating. In theory duller than a Prius/CVT, but it seems the growling of the ICE and instant torque of the electric motors compensate more than enough.

SectorOne

etusch wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 11:29
In this video Koenigsegg saying that this valve tech allow to work until 20.000 rpm.
How does that compare to say a Desmo system or a pneumatic system used in Formula 1?
I mean in terms of the absolute rpm limits for each system.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"