Racing Point RP20

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Marc.W

Re: Racing Point RP20

NAPI10 wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 17:12
Eager to see changes on RP20 for Aus GP(as conveyed by Mr. Green) :) :) :)
Painted it Silver

Racer X

Manoah2u wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 20:35
that said.....what if crazy happens and Mercedes gets DSQ with the DAS system, and RP wins :shock:

It wont happen the Silver Merc will just get Pink Parts on it before quali and be legal. This is maybe why Merc is still experimenting and Racing Point developing as well. Mercedes can take risks and if they fail. They can then just take parts that Racing point develops to be reliable.

One can experiment and the other can develop focused on reliability.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

izzy
izzy

Racer X wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 19:36
Im eager to see Racing Point do what they do with a strong base. You have to assume they will be able to develop the car and fine tune the design enough to make noticeable gains. I expect they will have their development of this car done by Barcelona. Then we will just see them going to every GP with a car they fully* understand post Barcelona (i assume with a car with high reliability i assume their upgrades will be less experimental and more just fine tuning). As Green already said they will bring upgrades to this car quickly and then focus on next years car. So updates by Barcelona or even one more update post Barcelona makes sense to me. But im a little sad because well if they fully developed this car during an entire season they could really give us a show i cant wait to see the car at Baku, Monaco and other tracks where the car is less important and the driver has more impact. Because now our drivers have a car that will allow them to be close to the front runners.
I can't wait to see Pink W10.5 :)

i think a lot of people haven't tuned in to what's about to happen: the car we saw in testing is going to shrink around the W11 powertrain, and the rest of it is going to have taken more advantage of the W11 suspension as well

tho imo the drivers will be a bit of a weak spot, compared to the Big3 and McLaren and Renault

bluechris

izzy wrote:
Racer X wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 19:36
Im eager to see Racing Point do what they do with a strong base. You have to assume they will be able to develop the car and fine tune the design enough to make noticeable gains. I expect they will have their development of this car done by Barcelona. Then we will just see them going to every GP with a car they fully* understand post Barcelona (i assume with a car with high reliability i assume their upgrades will be less experimental and more just fine tuning). As Green already said they will bring upgrades to this car quickly and then focus on next years car. So updates by Barcelona or even one more update post Barcelona makes sense to me. But im a little sad because well if they fully developed this car during an entire season they could really give us a show i cant wait to see the car at Baku, Monaco and other tracks where the car is less important and the driver has more impact. Because now our drivers have a car that will allow them to be close to the front runners.
I can't wait to see Pink W10.5 :)

i think a lot of people haven't tuned in to what's about to happen: the car we saw in testing is going to shrink around the W11 powertrain, and the rest of it is going to have taken more advantage of the W11 suspension as well

tho imo the drivers will be a bit of a weak spot, compared to the Big3 and McLaren and Renault
I think Stroll will deliver, all this year's he didn't have in his hands a capable car but this year seems he has it. Perez is a very good driver imo even though a bit to the aggressive side. I wanna see max trying to pass Perez in the upcoming races.

MikeTekRacing
MikeTekRacing

izzy wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 21:35
well, maybe as a pairing they will suffer with Stroll being nowhere and that could and will hurt them in the points standings. Besides that, Perez is a fine driver.

Racer X

bluechris wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 23:02

I think Stroll will deliver, all this year's he didn't have in his hands a capable car but this year seems he has it. Perez is a very good driver imo even though a bit to the aggressive side. I wanna see max trying to pass Perez in the upcoming races.
Well are* starting to have more of a team talk but yeah i can see the drivers being able to show their potential. Stroll should show lots of growth because he wont be *in* a car with zero chance to push the midfield. On the other hand Perez has achieved podiums with lesser cars. If Perez doesn't get a podium with this Pink Arrow it will be disappointing.

*I wonder how much* input is coming from Stroll about the car other then him learning.
Lets just hope that the experienced Perez is able to provide proper feedback that allows the engineers to properly develop the car. I mean the W10 was developed by a different team of engineers using feedback from Hamilton.

So who knows if our drivers were more a less just learning and in awe of what Hamilton had at his feet. Or if they were able to collect data that will help in the development of the car in order to fine tune it to be able to maximize the car for the Racing Point drivers.

The Force India cars until now had mostly been developed by Perez/& Friends but this one is a blank sheet for both RP drivers.

izzy
izzy

bluechris wrote:
i'd really like Lance to come to life with as you say a good car, still i can't help thinking if he was on the level of Danny/Esteban/Carlos/Lando we'd have noticed. Checo i see as about Hulk level, istr they were similar as teammates, which is below Danny again. So i'm thinking they can be good enough, but if we're talking about top 5 or nicking places from a Ferrari they're a slight disadvantage. But let's see, if i'm right they might have a car advantage!!

Racer X

izzy wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 23:19
bluechris wrote:
i'd really like Lance to come to life with as you say a good car, still i can't help thinking if he was on the level of Danny/Esteban/Carlos/Lando we'd have noticed. Checo i see as about Hulk level, istr they were similar as teammates, which is below Danny again. So i'm thinking they can be good enough, but if we're talking about top 5 or nicking places from a Ferrari they're a slight disadvantage. But let's see, if i'm right they might have a car advantage!!
Checo had podiums Hulk did not in more then one car. Also in the same car that Hulk did not. So the way i see it Perez is above Hulk just like Daniel was above Hulk, i think Hulk was overrated i think people took Hulks potential into account when considering how good he was. Where as with Perez they ignored his podiums as not* relevant when considering how good he is. Stroll is in a similar position as a Gentlemen racer where you have to prove your worth with podiums and even then it might not be enough. Was Perez a pay driver... Yes he was but at this point hes been the most successful midfield driver and still people think some one like Hulk was his equal. I expect podiums from Perez and hopefully Stroll as well how many i don't know. Hulk would be lucky to be compared to being as good as Perez. The guy has taken cars with no business being on a podium to many podium finishes. I wish the same luck for Stroll. i hope those boys can stand on a podium together or at least celebrate each others.

PlatinumZealot

f1rules wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 16:02
this car must be running the softest rear damper setup in history of f1, inverted rake with drs open
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ES1QrAJXsAU ... name=small
Hmm.. Remember illegal suspensions can be ran in testing. Force India have been known to use active suspension in when they used to have in-season testing.. I am not saying they are using it in that photo, but they might be purposely testing the beaviour of the floor in this situation.. (possibly emulating standing water?).. I dunno.. But sometimes what you see in testing does not make it to the race.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Racer X wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 23:11
bluechris wrote:

Well are* starting to have more of a team talk but yeah i can see the drivers being able to show their potential. Stroll should show lots of growth because he wont be *in* a car with zero chance to push the midfield. On the other hand Perez has achieved podiums with lesser cars. If Perez doesn't get a podium with this Pink Arrow it will be disappointing.

*I wonder how much* input is coming from Stroll about the car other then him learning.
Lets just hope that the experienced Perez is able to provide proper feedback that allows the engineers to properly develop the car. I mean the W10 was developed by a different team of engineers using feedback from Hamilton.

So who knows if our drivers were more a less just learning and in awe of what Hamilton had at his feet. Or if they were able to collect data that will help in the development of the car in order to fine tune it to be able to maximize the car for the Racing Point drivers.

The Force India cars until now had mostly been developed by Perez/& Friends but this one is a blank sheet for both RP drivers.
Funny thing is this car looks like a W10 on the outside but it handles very differently acording to track side viewers. Imitation can only get you so far they say.

When i did a quick purview of testing times it seems the same gap will remain between Stroll and Perez.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Morteza

New front wing top flap
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach
Sevach

caesar1
caesar1

These are the same upgrades Mercedes introduced towards the end of last season! :lol: :lol:

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

caesar1 wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 13:53
These are the same upgrades Mercedes introduced towards the end of last season! :lol: :lol:
Is that right? Can you confirm that?
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

bosyber
bosyber

The barge board fins, not so sure; the sidepod vane-updates do look quite similar indeed.

Hm, via last post in the W10 thread, found his Autosport.com movie
From 4:18 it talks about the Merc. Japanese GP update (first since summer), that looks familiar, again, absent the now-linked up to the side-board, boomerang wings (which matches what other teams, and I think RP last year, have done).

I guess it makes sense that RP first worked towards a goal of from before the summer/the intial W10, and now, after testing, to see that what they had worked, moved on to an upgrade that mimics the Merc. work at the end of last season - if that works as expected, they know they have a solid understanding of their car, and can continue into more adventurous, self-thought up development paths.