2020 Australian GP might be threatened

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
AMG.Tzan

Re: 2020 Australian GP might be threatened

Ahh nice...and i was so happy about Practice 1 tonight!

So there goes the Australian GP...probably also the Bahrain GP for the same reason! I didn't expect the Vietnam GP to go ahead from day one of the corona virus threat!

So May 3rd may be the opening race! Yeah...so nice...

It was only one employee being positive! Why the hell would you cancel the whole Grand Prix weekend for just one person! I know i'm being emotional right now as i was so happy for the race going ahead eventually...but i find it so stupid!

And about the Haas members...all of them came back negative! They have to find a solution right now as all the teams are already there in Australia...it can't be cancelled so late!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Cenzo

It's time to say goodbye to the AUSGp 2020.
There is no way this race is going to take place.

bosyber

AMG.Tzan wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 13:44

So there goes the Australian GP...probably also the Bahrain GP for the same reason! I didn't expect the Vietnam GP to go ahead from day one of the corona virus threat!

It was only one employee being positive! Why the hell would you cancel the whole Grand Prix weekend for just one person! I know i'm being emotional right now as i was so happy for the race going ahead eventually...but i find it so stupid!

And about the Haas members...all of them came back negative! They have to find a solution right now as all the teams are already there in Australia...it can't be cancelled so late!
Well, only one of those that are at the track has symptoms and has been tested positive; at their base they will also need to be checking now, suppliers, and rest of the track team might have to go into 14 day quarantine as well, just to be safe. ... Bet teams are already checking whether members had any contact, monitor, but chances are they will have to prove themselves unaffected before they can enter Bahrain. It is one team member confirmed in one team, the 'only one guy' needs to be seen. Let's hope so, but relying on it seems irresponsible.

I suppose that if everyone else is ok, they could stage a non-championship race, but I bet the Australian authorities will want to re-evaluate whether they want to have the audience come even if they let the event continue.

saviour stivala

I don’t remember the name, but the Australian health boss said ‘if any of the tests we waiting for results positive the race will most likely be off’.

Bandit1216

It could become an USA Grand Prix 2005-ish event :(
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

AJI
AJI

Bandit1216 wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 14:07
F-NONE!

AMG.Tzan

bosyber wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 13:59
AMG.Tzan wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 13:44

Well, only one of those that are at the track has symptoms and has been tested positive; at their base they will also need to be checking now, suppliers, and rest of the track team might have to go into 14 day quarantine as well, just to be safe. ... Bet teams are already checking whether members had any contact, monitor, but chances are they will have to prove themselves unaffected before they can enter Bahrain. It is one team member confirmed in one team, the 'only one guy' needs to be seen. Let's hope so, but relying on it seems irresponsible.

I suppose that if everyone else is ok, they could stage a non-championship race, but I bet the Australian authorities will want to re-evaluate whether they want to have the audience come even if they let the event continue.
Since everyone is already there...a non-championship event will be a good idea both for the sport and the fans! I mean we are about 12 hours away from FP1...it will be stupid to cancel the whole weekend! :x
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Cenzo

Bandit1216 wrote:
This will be a disgrace for F1.
The right thing to do is to cancel the Gp.
The best thing would have been canceling it two weeks ago.

AJI
AJI

Cenzo wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 14:18
...The best thing would have been canceling it two weeks ago.
Like the other scheduled events? This is F1 man! 'Cancellation due to health concerns' and 'hedonistic extravaganza' do not go together...

Cenzo

AJI wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 14:33
Cenzo wrote:
Like the other scheduled events? This is F1 man! 'Cancellation due to health concerns' and 'hedonistic extravaganza' do not go together...
Just wait until more cases between the paddock come and see how all the season goes in shambles

AJI
AJI

Cenzo wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 14:36
AJI wrote:
Cenzo wrote:
Just wait until more cases between the paddock come and see how all the season goes in shambles
Oh, I'm with you, but I was shut-down when I proposed that the event was potentially in jeopardy a few days ago...
Today, it seems I'm an Oracle...

saviour stivala

According to medical practices having been adopted by all countries effected anybody the man tested positive came into contact with a few days back he was confirmed positive, such as all passengers on the same fight would have to be traced and ordered into a 14 day self-quarantine.

Ringleheim

Bandit1216 wrote:
I'll take it! As long as Mercedes, Red Bull, and Ferrari are out there, I'm good.

Ringleheim

AJI wrote:
Cenzo wrote:
The F1 cars are too heavy now, and the organizers/teams too soft.

:cry: