2020 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 12-15

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
DChemTech

Re: 2020 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 12-15

the EDGE wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 08:40
etusch wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 08:34
Today I heard on radio news that china started to closing hospitals which are established for the virus. I think it is breaking point. Maybe a month more and we can talk about wars and imigrants instead of virus.
China went into lockdown to stop the virus spreading. If the rest of the world did the same then you could be correct... they haven’t
I'm expecting a second wave in China once the lockdown is lifted, too...

etusch

Apple reopen china factory. It may followed by other brands and I think f1 race can be done in normal shedule there.

JonoNic

DChemTech wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 08:40
etusch wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 08:34
Today I heard on radio news that china started to closing hospitals which are established for the virus. I think it is breaking point. Maybe a month more and we can talk about wars and imigrants instead of virus.
China went into lockdown to stop the virus spreading. If the rest of the world did the same then you could be correct... they haven’t
I'm expecting a second wave in China once the lockdown is lifted, too...
I'm in China and this is my fear too.
Always find the gap then use it.

Phil

You people are out of your mind, thinking races will continue any time soon. On one hand, you have governments who have a responsibility towards their citizens and in an attempt to control the spread... and then you also have the teams themselves to consider who work closely with one another. Most airlines have reduced their flights, borders are closing etc. This is far from over and is only hitting many countries now. This will take more than a few months to stabilize.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

etusch

Redbull and haas declared they were ready to race. Steiner says that they don't know if they return to factory or next race country. He says "I dont want to go somewhere if we don't race"
That fia and liberty which are established from dummies can not do anything good. They have to learn how to do things from motogp administration.
Last edited by etusch on 13 Mar 2020, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

Restomaniac

zibby43 wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 09:39
Restomaniac wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 00:48
zibby43 wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 00:47

I haven't seen anything that confirms Lewis has left.
Hence why I said ‘If’.
Sorry for any confusion, but I was attempting to ask whether you had seen that reported, because that was the first I had heard of Lewis leaving.

In any event, that was absolutely the case. All 3 of them left early!

Just saw it confirmed by Mark Hughes.
Sorry to jump on you then but yes I heard it previously (as it now seems was correctly).

JordanMugen

topleb wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 10:15
On a more serious note, if this GP is cancelled, I'm not sure why would any other GP roll because every other country has more or less a similar situation.
That's correct. Formula One Management should have been proactive and announced cancellation of the first four races including Australia at least one week ago...

Pany

At this point many teams will immediatly switch focus on 2021 car development. A lot of money is involved and this would be locig conclusion. Probably all teams except the two 2020 title competitora. This mean this season, if starts, will be also boring because results will be vey predictable race by race.

basti313

etusch wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 11:03
Redbull and haas declared they were ready to race. Steiner says that they don't know if they return to factory or next race country. He says "I dont want to go somewhere if we don't race"
That fia and liberty which are established from dummies can not do anything good. They have to learn how to do things from motogp administration.
I would not put a penny on Bahrain now, the McLaren team needs to be under the same quarantine that prevented them to race now.
Unofficially the teams will even go into quarantine, which sounds a bit like closing the factories to me.

The question is how other teams affected the cancellation.
- RedBull and Haas wanted to race.
- Mercedes definitely did not want to race. Were they fearing their duct taped brake coolings?
- Ferrari did not say anything openly...did they want to race or not?
Don`t russel the hamster!

falonso81

I believe it is time for the thread to close. Nothing we can comment about the actual GP. :cry:

PlatinumZealot

It can stay open like a quarantine of sorts.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

aral

A reminder....This is not a forum or thread for discussing the political element of Covid-19. Different countries have different ways of handling the issue, but if you want to query this, then please go to a non technical , non F1 forum to argue over it.

strad

Sure am glad I have a hundred races and other racing related things on video.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

saviour stivala

basti313 wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 13:27
etusch wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 11:03
I would not put a penny on Bahrain now, the McLaren team needs to be under the same quarantine that prevented them to race now.
Unofficially the teams will even go into quarantine, which sounds a bit like closing the factories to me.

The question is how other teams affected the cancellation.
- RedBull and Haas wanted to race.
- Mercedes definitely did not want to race. Were they fearing their duct taped brake coolings?
- Ferrari did not say anything openly...did they want to race or not?
FERRARI did not wanted to race. Mercedes wanted to race. After the first vote which ended in a tie-up, Mercedes (TOTO) changed his mind “after having a phone call from corporate headquarters”.