So what will F1 teams do this year?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Rodak

Re: So what will F1 teams do this year?

mmred wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 23:56
Should nt be there Just One post about F1 and covid?

By the way my prayers are with herd immunity guys, and with Italy where i live and numbers in a region are already off the charts of any possible therapy. And we re at 4 weeks from the start and healthcare Is also usually ok here
Good luck to you and yours. I just read that anyone over 60 years old will not be admitted to intensive care there, but will be on their own...... is this true?

Pyrone89

izzy wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 22:15
Pyrone89 wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 21:24
izzy wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 21:15

does anybody want to own up to using "Greta" as an insult? (in giving a negative to this post)
How dare you! (ps: wasnt me, cant downvote)
oh I'm sure you're way too enlightened anyway! O:)
Thank you :lol: :P
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

mmred

Rodak wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 00:18
mmred wrote:
Should nt be there Just One post about F1 and covid?

By the way my prayers are with herd immunity guys, and with Italy where i live and numbers in a region are already off the charts of any possible therapy. And we re at 4 weeks from the start and healthcare Is also usually ok here
Good luck to you and yours. I just read that anyone over 60 years old will not be admitted to intensive care there, but will be on their own...... is this true?
No.

strad

izzy wrote: ↑
does anybody want to own up to using "Greta" as an insult? (in giving a negative to this post)
I haven't down voted anyone but I am interested in who this Greta is.
I'm pretty sure the teams will be working away on their 2021 projects.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

richardn

UK government has urged industry to help make ventilators and we've got F1 teams with nothing else to make at the moment...

mmred

richardn wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 10:26
UK government has urged industry to help make ventilators and we've got F1 teams with nothing else to make at the moment...
Ventilatore are plastic non carbon fiber or metal..
The F1 expertise Is useless nowadays besides MayBe the One of some plastic subcontractors

the EDGE

Ferrari suspends F1 operations for 2 weeks

https://the-race.com/formula-1/ferrari- ... -pandemic/

Tommy Cookers

Rodak wrote:
mmred wrote:
...By the way my prayers are with herd immunity guys ...
the UK is about to announce that 70+ age persons will be shielded (supported in isolating at home indefinitely)
because these persons otherwise would endanger everyone else by overloading the health services

but everyone else is expected to contribute to herd 'immunity'

so at my age (68) aren't I dangerous to myself and so to everyone else ?
though the Govt position clearly shows that I have the same ICU rights as an 18 year old

it's ok though - there is to be an emergency programme of ventilator manufacture by outside industry

STOP PRESS
now (finding that I am not to be shielded) I tested my capacity for online purchase/delivery of foodstuffs
it doesn't seem to work for me
is this because I have only Windows 7 ?
(this now unsupported by Microsoft since 14th Jan)
Last edited by Tommy Cookers on 15 Mar 2020, 11:27, edited 2 times in total.

the EDGE

Tommy Cookers wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 10:54
Rodak wrote:
mmred wrote:
...By the way my prayers are with herd immunity guys ...
the UK is about to announce that 70+ age persons will be shielded (supported in isolating at home indefinitely)
because these persons otherwise would endanger everyone else by overloading the health services

but everyone else is expected to contribute to herd 'immunity'

so at my age (68) aren't I dangerous to myself and so to everyone else ?
though clearly I will receive the same healthcare treatment as an 18 year old - the Govt has clearly implied my entitlement

it's ok though - there is to be an emergency programme of ventilator manufacture
Personally... if I didn’t have to go out I wouldn’t go out. That wouldn’t stop me taking a walk in the country park, but I wouldn’t mix with people for sure

AJI
AJI

the EDGE wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 11:06
Personally... if I didn’t have to go out I wouldn’t go out. That wouldn’t stop me taking a walk in the country park, but I wouldn’t mix with people for sure
Will you still hang out with Bono?

the EDGE

AJI wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 11:27
the EDGE wrote:
Had to do some research but eventually I found that 😂

n_anirudh

mmred wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 10:28
richardn wrote:
The F1 expertise Is useless nowadays besides MayBe the One of some plastic subcontractors
There is a lot of expertise and talent in the F1 community, and they can quickly run CFD and other design iterations/optimisation loops which the other industries may not have. The ventilator designs could be optimised and designs can be handed over to manufacturers.

Just_a_fan

strad wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 04:36
izzy wrote: ↑
I haven't down voted anyone but I am interested in who this Greta is.
Teenage climate activist, Greta Thunberg.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

AJI
AJI

the EDGE wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 12:26
AJI wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 11:27
the EDGE wrote:
Had to do some research but eventually I found that 😂
I'm glad we can still have a laugh!

mmred

n_anirudh wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 13:23
mmred wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 10:28
richardn wrote:
There is a lot of expertise and talent in the F1 community, and they can quickly run CFD and other design iterations/optimisation loops which the other industries may not have. The ventilator designs could be optimised and designs can be handed over to manufacturers.
These kind of ventilators are already designed they Just Need manifacturers. There won t be time for testing preproduction stamp optimizing and so on. Time to market would be several months. Too late.

They borrow preexisting designs in wich F1 teams can do nothing, but MayBe auto industry can make its plastic and electronic subcontractors avaiable wich i personally doubt. Cause other medical industries can help better