Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
maguetox

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Wazari wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 19:08
etusch wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 08:24

Hi Wazari I would like to learn those bangs on braking but I think it is not true to reveal such a thing
I love those "bangs" or what I refer to as "secondary controlled combustion". It is by design and is there for increased efficiency. It serves several intended functions to benefit the induction side.

In the meanwhile I'm stuck in Melbourne with no race; while understandable, extremely frustrating for those who traveled to get here.
Good luck trying to get out of Melbourne, hope any new possible travel ban measurement affects you.

etusch

Wazari wrote:
etusch wrote:

Hi Wazari I would like to learn those bangs on braking but I think it is not true to reveal such a thing
I love those "bangs" or what I refer to as "secondary controlled combustion". It is by design and is there for increased efficiency. It serves several intended functions to benefit the induction side.

In the meanwhile I'm stuck in Melbourne with no race; while understandable, extremely frustrating for those who traveled to get here.
Thank you for answer.
I also frustrated because I am very hopeful of this season if still there is one.

lio007

Wazari wrote:
etusch wrote:

Thank you! It's somehow a shame...I was really curious to know where Honda is now compared to the other 3 and to see the 'real' qualy mode.
We can only hope it gets better in the near future to be able to race.

Safe travels back home!
Last edited by lio007 on 14 Mar 2020, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

Wazari

I think all the teams are anxious to see where they are in relationship to the others. The mood back at Sakura seems very upbeat, more than any other start of the season and I'm told the mood at RBR is also upbeat.

With the shortened season, I don't know how the planned upgrades will be affected. I do know there was one significant upgrade planned to be introduced right after the summer break. Everything being so fluid now, who knows what's going to happen.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Bence

Have you managed to fly out of AUS?

Wazari

Bence wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 05:07
Have you managed to fly out of AUS?
Yes, got out in a private plane. Thanks for asking.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Nonserviam85

Wazari wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 02:24
I have received several PM's asking me if the H unit was clutched??? No, it is not.
The 師匠 has spoken!! Please find a new subject now...

HPD

「昨年もレギュレーション内の3基で乗り切るつもりでしたが、信頼性の部分があったり、開発が進んだこともあって、ああいう結果になりました。今年も現状の計画としては3基で1年間戦う予定で、2回のアップデートを考えています」

Tanabe: "Last year we were going to ride with three of the regulations, but partly because of the reliability and the progress of development, that was the result. I'm going to fight for a year and I'm thinking about two updates. ''
「2019年は本来開幕戦に投入したかった仕様が間に合わず、第4戦アゼルバイジャンGPにスペック2として出すことになったが、今年はひと月ずつぐらい早く、開幕戦から本来のスペック1を投入できる」

「平地でもメルセデスと同等か、できればそれ以上。1年を通して、対等に戦える。それが目標。そうなれば、自ずと結果についてくる」と戦う姿勢をのぞかせていた。

Asagi: In 2019, the specifications that we originally wanted to launch in the opening game were not in time, and we decided to release it as spec 2 in the 4th round Azerbaijan GP, but this year about 1 month early, we can launch the original specification 1 from the opening game "

"Even if it is equal to or better than Mercedes even on flat terrain, we can compete equally throughout the year. That is the goal. If so, we will naturally come up with the result."
https://www.as-web.jp/f1/574133/2

rogazilla

Knowing that we may have a shortened season, say 14 race, if we have a season at all. Will they all turn up the wig since you can run 5 race per unit? Or will they have spec B that's more extreme but less reliable? Will that be under consideration?

sn809

rogazilla wrote:
16 Mar 2020, 18:57
Knowing that we may have a shortened season, say 14 race, if we have a season at all. Will they all turn up the wig since you can run 5 race per unit? Or will they have spec B that's more extreme but less reliable? Will that be under consideration?
You don't want wigs mate trust me.
Its the wick u want to turn up ;)

gruntguru

Especially a flammable wig!!
je suis charlie

rogazilla

Oops! :oops: well at this point... turn anything up! :P

Big Tea

rogazilla wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 14:42
Oops! :oops: well at this point... turn anything up! :P
Don't get your hair off then (do you know the expression? :D )
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NL_Fer

This crisis will be more intense that 2008 financial crisis. I won’t be surprised if the annonce a total PU freeze from 2021.

Craigy

NL_Fer wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 22:12
This crisis will be more intense that 2008 financial crisis. I won’t be surprised if the annonce a total PU freeze from 2021.
I don't understand why you're using the future tense, "will be". It's already outstripped 2008, almost double. There are news articles featuring the "D" word, never mind just a recession.

Forget F1 entries for a second. Some of the manufacturers may not survive this at all.