Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix documentation)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ENGINE TUNER

Re: Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix documentation)

Pyrone89 wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:46
Stay safe everyone in these times and stick together as one!
DON'T STICK TOGETHER, STAY FAR APART!!! Especially from me

Pyrone89

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:47
Pyrone89 wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:46
Stay safe everyone in these times and stick together as one!
DON'T STICK TOGETHER, STAY FAR APART!!! Especially from me
Yeah, now I read that I see what I did :D . Was obviously meant in a spiritual sense :lol:
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

El Scorchio

Just using the Easter Sunday as a chance to get through season 2. Watched up to the Mercedes ep so far.

Couldn’t work out whether Steiner and Wolff’s banter was friendly or otherwise...

But talking about those two is a good segue into what I saw. It’s obvious why the Haas and Merc teams are where they are. There’s a proper culture of blame, non responsibility and aggression. All comes from the top. He’s good for a comedy sound byte but seems like the blind leading the blind. Calling people out, Magnussen smashing doors etc.

Contrast with Merc having their mare of a weekend. Everyone took responsibility, no-one blamed anyone else. Wolff was relatively calm and Hamilton was humble enough to apologise to the whole team for his performance. Course it’s easier to take one on the chin when you’re used to winning, but I thought it was a very interesting and marked difference into how both teams seem to run. You got a lot more as a viewer out of capturing the team at a low ebb compared to another smooth weekend resulting in victory, so it’s quite handy the cameras were on them that weekend.

graham.reeds

Just got an email to say that Season 3 drops on Friday

Sieper

Said so here in NL too, I searched for it and once found said season 3 releases on Friday.

I find it nice eye candy but it irks me they take so much liberty with the actual drivers to create fictional story lines. I find the real/actual stories more than interesting enough.

christianplummer

I'm more than excited for the new series to come out on the 19th, can't wait ! :D

El Scorchio

I'll be smashing through this at the weekend. I really like it, even if it's absolutely hammed up and dumbed down.

TBH whether it's a hit with hardcore fans or not, it's the best thing that's happened to F1 recently and Liberty's biggest masterstroke. It makes it ultra accessible and brings in so much new interest to the sport. Marketing genius.

My thoughts:
. They obviously didn’t get consent from VER, he’s non-existent in this series.
. Buxton MC’ing the series as usual this time joined by Jennie Gow, both giving an assessment of proceedings which was probably fine for the casuals but BS for anyone who follows the sport keenly.
. Horner still thinks he’s a legend.
. Williams incl their drivers given pretty much zero screentime.
. They gave Mick Schu more screentime than OCO and KYV.
. In some ways the lack of screentime given to OCO and RUS is a big problem for Merc. They just don’t have anyone who moves the needle in their junior ranks.

Main take away is that I didn’t realise how much I like GRO. He’s a gentleman; awkward, but authentic.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

waynes

Watched the first episode last night and was instantly reminded of how over the top and irritating it actually is. Even the start of testing, so the green light, was hammed up to sound like a race start.

Bin.

djos

Personally I enjoy the dramatisation and it gets me even more excited for this new season.
"In downforce we trust"

nzjrs

I didn't make it past the first episode. Cringe trash like the first season.

the EDGE

I must say season 3 is not a patch on the first 2, which I loved

This time round it lacks all the drama, tension & emotion it was so good at portraying.

It got better towards the end from episode 8 onwards, but there must have been so much good footage left on the cutting floor of this bland version, given the bombshells dropped in the first 2

RZS10

Absolute garbage as usual but watching Bottas trying to act tough, thinking that he somehow managed to get into Lewis' head is quite cute actually...

Wondering why they bothered bringing back the guy from that rubbish TV show where people pitch their sales ideas ... german version of Dragon's Den i mean ...

Jolle

214270 wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 19:50
My thoughts:
. They obviously didn’t get consent from VER, he’s non-existent in this series.
. Buxton MC’ing the series as usual this time joined by Jennie Gow, both giving an assessment of proceedings which was probably fine for the casuals but BS for anyone who follows the sport keenly.
. Horner still thinks he’s a legend.
. Williams incl their drivers given pretty much zero screentime.
. They gave Mick Schu more screentime than OCO and KYV.
. In some ways the lack of screentime given to OCO and RUS is a big problem for Merc. They just don’t have anyone who moves the needle in their junior ranks.

Main take away is that I didn’t realise how much I like GRO. He’s a gentleman; awkward, but authentic.
Good chance there was not so much VER, that he had a deal with Ziggo for a own serie. What surprised me more that some epic moments from the season were either very small or non excising. Stuff like:
- Verstappen gets a new front suspension on the grid
- Hamilton gets Schumi’s head delivered by his son
- The Turkish GP, in all its aspects, from the new asphalt to the epic Hamilton drive.
- same more or less with the two Austrian GP’s, that was a story on itself. Podium for Leclerc vs mounting his teammate, false start for Hamilton vs epic pole at the second GP, etc.

nzjrs

Jolle wrote:
20 Mar 2021, 16:45
- Hamilton gets Schumi’s head delivered by his son
This little typo gave me a laugh :lol: :lol: