F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Ringleheim wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 22:55
Anyone watching?!

I switched off after 5 mins, it was crap!
"In downforce we trust"

Pyrone89

Thx FOM for showing everyone live on TV what an absolute horrible product the F1 games are. Unlike their scripted trailers the handling is arcade and worse the networking implementation is horrible. Maybe this public humiliation will force Codemasters execs to finally shell for proper amount of type of developers.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

jjn9128

Lando at least was entertaining :lol:

#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Big Tea

Sorry guys, but I really can not get the slightest interest in this. Which is not to say I begrudge it to anyone who does. Not slagging it for the sake of it, just that I really cannot get the interest in watching someone else play a game. If it were 'open' then I have little doubt that the top drivers would soon be whipped by 8 year old kids. Then they would be embarrassed
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Zynerji

I hope they stick with this.

I hope they drop Codemasters and get a real sim developer to make future F1 games.

I hope this gives a different angle to the personalities that are so PC at F1 events.

There is alot that could open up if they keep this going.

Just_a_fan

I hope it dies a swift death. The FIA / FOM should not be doing this instead of real racing.

The fact that the real racers have stayed away says it all.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

djos

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 01:49
I hope it dies a swift death. The FIA / FOM should not be doing this instead of real racing.

If they'd used a serious platform like iRacing and had full driver attendance it would be worth watching - this was just a bad joke imo!
"In downforce we trust"

Pyrone89

NASCAR also had an eRace and they showed how it is done. Using iRacing and all drivers with all settings including safety to realistic,
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

DChemTech

Zynerji wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 01:42
I hope they stick with this.

I hope they drop Codemasters and get a real sim developer to make future F1 games.

I hope this gives a different angle to the personalities that are so PC at F1 events.

There is alot that could open up if they keep this going.
Well, F1 games are a product for mass entertainment, not aimed at serious sim racers. And that's fine, but then at least FOM should own up to that - and use a different product, actually used by serious sim racers, if they host a serious sim race.

The other option on the long term is, as you mention, to create an F1 product that can satisfy both mass entertainment needs and serious sim racers, but that's not an easy task.

snowy

I used to be an avid sim racer, Microprose GP, rFactor's 1&2, SimBim's GTL, GTR, Race, etc. And I stopped 10 years ago. This "simulation" would have depressed me back then!

the EDGE

Pyrone89 wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 23:25
Thx FOM for showing everyone live on TV what an absolute horrible product the F1 games are. Unlike their scripted trailers the handling is arcade and worse the networking implementation is horrible. Maybe this public humiliation will force Codemasters execs to finally shell for proper amount of type of developers.
That is not true

If you watch the ‘ Not the Bahrain GP‘ That aired at 6 pm yesterday the game ran perfectly well And that was also F1 2019

The problem with the official GP replacement was simply Poor organisation, it was a complete shambles

SmallSoldier

Just_a_fan wrote:I hope it dies a swift death. The FIA / FOM should not be doing this instead of real racing.

“Instead”... They are not replacing anything... It’s a simple way to provide content for the fans... There can’t be any races, so between this and having some historical races transmitted, there isn’t a lot else that they can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

izzy

SmallSoldier wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 16:18
“Instead”... They are not replacing anything... It’s a simple way to provide content for the fans... There can’t be any races, so between this and having some historical races transmitted, there isn’t a lot else that they can do.
afaics they could have an entire real F1 season at Silverstone. Take over a hotel, like the Whittlebury Park (which is probably empty) get the minimal race teams there, isolated, tested and quarantined, and the FoM camera crews, and run 10 or 20 races. They could keep it interesting by making the drivers swap teams, 1 or 2 races with every team. Very safe, very watchable, super genuine wdc and wcc

i don't think it's true they're helpless, unless anyone can see something i'm missing

Wass85

I wish I had a rig so I could have a blast, isn't Verstappen one of the best in the world at sim racing?