Please F1tech, host small images.

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
coaster

Please F1tech, host small images.

Guys please, im trying to read the thread for the 'pushrod on upright' and you know what?
This website is like a classroom without a blackboard, like an engine rebuild manual without pictures.
Please, its been 21 years since i first visited this site, please move with times and host small images, 400 x 400 pixels, basic sketches.
It would improve the user experience alot.

Steven
Owner

Re: Please F1tech, host small images.

Thank you for the suggestion.

This has been discussed before, and is really something that is being considered. The main point that has prevented this from being implemented in the past in virus vulnerability to the server. So, options were explorer to do this via a 3rd party site, or even a separate app we could develop ourselves.

However, the work involved for these options would be more than just an hour of hacking, so we need to be sure of wide demand.

That said, I'll take a look at an upload function for the forum. But this too will involve some additional server setup, as we need malware protection and scanning of the uploaded files.

coaster

Re: Please F1tech, host small images.

Maybe some content could help pay for it? You have some great authors in the forums, i believe Tony Matthews showed up a few times, those TJ and Hart V10 threads are certainly worth polishing into articles.
Some website forums offered live timing, 'forumula 1', i think they are gone now, mostly fanboy stuff and very little science.