Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Are Schumacher's WDC and Win records under threat of being eclipsed?

Will the 7 WDC record be broken?
3%
Will the 91 Victory record be broken?
26%
Neither record will be broken.
12%
Both records will be broken.
59%

Total votes: 172

Wass85
Wass85

Re: Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:13
Wass85 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 13:55
Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 13:51

I'm not sure it does emphasise your point at all, frankly.
Put his problems to one side. What about those races where didn't have problems and failed to capitalise?
Were there more or fewer of those than for Rosberg?
There were enough to change the outcome of the championship.

basti313
basti313

Senna or Schumacher would still have won....Rosberg...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wass85
Wass85

izzy wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:14
somebody seems to have forgotten in all the excitement that he's supposed to be a Lewis fan honestly :lol:

but obviously nobody drove a perfect season then or ever. Lewis had bad starts in Monza and Suzuka, rosberg had one in Hockenheim. The Mercedes clutch was a bit of a lashup that year.

The season started for Lewis with being put off by rosberg, being punted by Valtteri, ERS fail in Q1, ERS fail in Q3 plus a water leak, and being taken out by rosberg with an overlap. Then there was a faulty engine mode in Baku and starting at the back in Spa after a PU change, a hydraulics fault spoiling FP2 setup in Singapore and then the blown engine in the lead in Sepang

so calling his teammate lucky is a massive understatement!! no wonder he quickly retired cos that lot was never going to happen again in a million years
Don't worry I am, I just don't wear blinkers like you do.

You seem to have forgotten that Hamilton put it in the barrier in Baku.

What about the other races where he should have done better?

Wass85
Wass85

The usual suspect needs to get a grip. Hamilton drove better than Rosberg for the majority of the season but he made a few costly errors going by the record books.

Now I accept he more than likely would have won the title had he not had problems but he still had the opportunity to do so but failed to fully capitalise.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:36

Can you point out where anyone has said that Hamilton is perfect? No one has stated that he doesn't have bad days - everyone does, even the likes of Schumacher and Senna.

His shunt at Baku was an error. No one, not even Hamilton, has said otherwise.

But even with Hamilton's "poor performance" through the season, Rosberg would not have won without Hamilton's extra retirement. A retirement that also promoted Rosberg to 3rd from 4th. So Hamilton effectively lost 28 points in that one moment. He lost the season by 5 points.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:52
The usual suspect needs to get a grip.
To whom do you refer?

Rather than make underhand comments about people, why not post actual evidence? You know, a detailed breakdown of the poor performances you keep claiming.

Wass85
Wass85

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:56
Wass85 wrote:

Can you point out where anyone has said that Hamilton is perfect? No one has stated that he doesn't have bad days - everyone does, even the likes of Schumacher and Senna.

But even with Hamilton's "poor performance" through the season, Rosberg would not have won without Hamilton's extra retirement. A retirement that also promoted Rosberg to 3rd from 4th. So Hamilton effectively lost 28 points in that one moment. He lost the season by 5 points.
But Rosberg would have finished second had he not been punted off in that very GP.

You can't factor in the Bottas incident in Bahrain yet dismiss the one in Malaysia.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 14:59
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

But Rosberg would have finished second had he not been punted off in that very GP.

You can't factor in the Bottas incident in Bahrain yet dismiss the one in Malaysia.
Fair enough. Doesn't alter the result that the engine failure cost 25 points.

PlatinumZealot

basti313 wrote:
I have never seen Schumacher fight his team mate for the Championship so no one knows how he would handle those situations. It could be argued that Rosberg had more experience in those situations than Schumacher. But let us assume that it would make no difference. Both Senna and Schumacher are ruthless drivers. They would play politics and crash into you to win, who knows maybe that would counter the antics of Rosberg in 2016? Anyway that is also what separates Hamilton from them, Hamilton is a clean driver and drives on equal footing. This alone is what makes Hamilton greater than them both to me.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

izzy
izzy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 16:23
basti313 wrote:
I have never seen Schumacher fight his team mate for the Championship so no one knows how he would handle those situations. It could be argued that Rosberg had more experience in those situations than Schumacher. But let us assume that it would make no difference. Both Senna and Schumacher are ruthless drivers. They would play politics and crash into you to win, who knows maybe that would counter the antics of Rosberg in 2016? Anyway that is also what separates Hamilton from them, Hamilton is a clean driver and drives on equal footing. This alone is what makes Hamilton greater than them both to me.
yay well said this is how i feel about it too. Lewis, Fernando, Kimi, Jenson, for example, all clean on track that makes them more admirable than anyone who can't compete within the sport, as the whole idea is to have these limits and then do your best within them

sosic2121
sosic2121

Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

Again you fail to understand that Rosberg drove to delta after that race, so that point is irrelevant. It was a 5 point gap because Rosberg wanted it to be.

I find Rosberg to underestimated by most Hamilton fans, and honestly I can't understand why!? 🤔
(At the same time most of H. fans are trying to argue that he is GOAT and that Rosberg that beat him was "crap"!)

It was obvious that Hamilton was better overtaker, and probably faster over race distance, but during the Q3 there was little difference if any.
But it was also obvious that Rosberg understood the car better from mechanical perspective. If Mercedes wasn't so incredibly reliable that fact would be more important.

Wass85
Wass85

sosic2121 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 18:08
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

Again you fail to understand that Rosberg drove to delta after that race, so that point is irrelevant. It was a 5 point gap because Rosberg wanted it to be.

I find Rosberg to underestimated by most Hamilton fans, and honestly I can't understand why!? 🤔
(At the same time most of H. fans are trying to argue that he is GOAT and that Rosberg that beat him was "crap"!)

It was obvious that Hamilton was better overtaker, and probably faster over race distance, but during the Q3 there was little difference if any.
But it was also obvious that Rosberg understood the car better from mechanical perspective. If Mercedes wasn't so incredibly reliable that fact would be more important.
To say how close Nico ran Lewis over the years together I'd hate to see how someone who's rated would do against him.

Hamilton was better I'll give him that but the margin was very close, especially with ultimate speed.

Wass85
Wass85

Wass85 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 18:53
sosic2121 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

To say how close Nico ran Lewis over the years together I'd hate to see how someone who's rated would do against him.

Hamilton was better I'll give him that but the margin was very close, especially with ultimate speed.

Rosberg gave him all he could handle in qualifying, Lewis is just amazing though in race trim and unless he throws the toys out the pram he really takes some beating.

izzy
izzy

sosic2121 wrote:

it's not that rosberg was crap it's that he was (a) a cheat and (b) lucky. Personally i really liked him and i loved the story of him and Lewis being boyhood friends ending up in the same team in f1, and then he did Monaco 2014 and Spa and it turned out Bahrain engine mode too and it was so disillusioning i have never forgiven him

it only turns into an argument when someone starts saying he won 2016 on merit and therefore Lewis isn't all that great

what's the evidence he understood the car better?

PlatinumZealot

sosic2121 wrote:

Not true.
It seems you did not follow the saga close enough. Do you remember the "dossier gate" and the switching around of Race engineer and mechanics? Mercedes did everything in their power to "even things out" and help the weaker lion cub stand a chance.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏