Oil less turbos

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
godlameroso

Oil less turbos

Just learned about these. They don't need a feed or a return line, and because you don't need a pump or gravity to supply and drain oil it gives you tons of freedom to mount the turbo wherever you like! This is a game changer for us tuners and fabbers.
Saishū kōnā

ENGINE TUNER

Re: Oil less turbos

At least give us a link man

Regardless, I don't trust it

strad

Man they cook with oil to cool them I can't picture oil free not burning up. They glow red hot with cooling and is why you have to allow them to cool down before shut off.
Please either give a link or explain how they don't burn up. :wink:
EDIT: are you talking about this water cooled set up? https://www.compturbotechnology.com/3993s-ol
If so you should read the reviews. All negative. They recommend packing them with special grease every 10,000 but most say they never make it that far and the price of repacking them with grease keeps going up.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Rodak

Actually they ask for grease at 2000 mile intervals in the installation manual. You also have to install a water feed and return from the engine cooling system. Sounds pretty dicey to me.