Evolutionary mechanical design

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Rodak

Re: Evolutionary mechanical design

But that´s exactly what they´re claiming, a 3D printed con rod
I agree; that is what they are claiming..... It's a model of a con rod. I'm also curious why the 'evolution' doesn't extend to the big end.

3jawchuck

Rodak wrote:
01 May 2020, 16:27
But that´s exactly what they´re claiming, a 3D printed con rod
I agree; that is what they are claiming..... It's a model of a con rod. I'm also curious why the 'evolution' doesn't extend to the big end.
They're not claiming anything they haven't delivered, it is indeed a 3D printed piston and conrod, it is just 3D printed out of plastic. Their concept is probably not anything real or useful as of yet, if it was, why would they show us models and renders? Even Matty Holtzberg had something to show for his ambitious claims.

PhillipM

These guys are well known all over the internet for putting out outlandish **** just to get some PR. That conrod is terrible.

humble sabot

Is this the same guy that had that perpetual tease campaign with "Project 1250" or something like that? Maybe about 12 years ago?
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance