F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
FrukostScones

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

FrukostScones

the Indycar race is startin soon 1830 UTC I think:

AMG.Tzan

At least Indycar has managed to get Lando Norris in the game...because F1 has left him out every single time! =D> :lol:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

FrukostScones

1st May: Indycar iracing qualy race
2nd May: Indycar iracing and Formula E
3rd May: MotoGP and Formula 1

Sevach

Big polemic with Pagenaud semingly wrecking Lando intentionally.
And then Ferrucci(yes, him) 100% wrecking intentionally(one of the Mclarens) on the run to the finish line.

erlik

Sevach wrote:Big polemic with Pagenaud semingly wrecking Lando intentionally.
And then Ferrucci(yes, him) 100% wrecking intentionally(one of the Mclarens) on the run to the finish line.
Yeah. One thing is taking your friend out in private sessions and other on TV broadcasted event in which was put so much effort from all sides to be as professional as possible. Above all telling it out loud on the stream and than lie publicly to oponent... Simon crossed many moral margins last night.

... I hope people are not betting on virtual events

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

cooken

Seems like an open and shut case for a ban. Certainly there is precedent for this exact type of thing on iracing, and that's for just random daily races, not a sponsored TV event with massive exposure.

Sevach

erlik wrote:
03 May 2020, 14:17
Sevach wrote:Big polemic with Pagenaud semingly wrecking Lando intentionally.
Yeah. One thing is taking your friend out in private sessions and other on TV broadcasted event in which was put so much effort from all sides to be as professional as possible. Above all telling it out loud on the stream and than lie publicly to oponent... Simon crossed many moral margins last night.

... I hope people are not betting on virtual events

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
I guess Pagenaud was pissed the "F1 guy" came in and won last weeks event, and was looking good for doing it again.
And Ferrucci because he's Santino Ferrucci, the guy that crashes into his team mate after the race, shunting a guy on purpose in a game because he's gonna win over you is mild for him.

AMG.Tzan

Kyle Larson lost his drive and sponsors in real life just for saying the N-word as he thought he wasn't live...nothing intentional there!

Pagenaud takes out the leader for no apparent reason, (probably it's too much for a non-IndyCar, F1 youngster to beat the hell out of IndyCar drivers)
Ferrucci does the same on another McLaren driver (probably a European team winning a virtual Indy 500 is again too much)
Both intentionally...

IndyCar's virtual events are truly awesome as they look just like racing in real life...they do it professionally getting all the real drivers in and racing by the rules! This is a true show and we all know America's philosophy of "everything for the show"!! F1's virtual events are nothing compared to this...and they truly are "just a game"!

Yet these 2 drivers destroy the excellent show that was going on just because they don't want European drivers/teams to win their national masterpiece of a race (a vitrual Indy 500)! Apart from destroying the show...isn't that racism may i ask?? Or do they have to say the N-word for it to be racism?? :oops:

That was ridiculous...these 2 drivers should get punished by Indycar first and their respected teams and sponsors!

Oh and Lando get out of there...announce that you won't take part again...just for "the show" you know! Verstappen's reaction to this was also pure magic :lol: :lol: =D>
I want to see him in there too! 8)
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

FrukostScones

Sevach wrote:
03 May 2020, 13:11
it was pretty sad.
The sim was really great and and following the drivers onboard and seeing their footwork and the tense turning maneurvres was as exciting as the real deal...
Too bad for some it was just a "video game". Pathetic clowns.

Sevach

FrukostScones wrote:
03 May 2020, 21:06
Sevach wrote:
03 May 2020, 13:11
it was pretty sad.
The sim was really great and and following the drivers onboard and seeing their footwork and the tense turning maneurvres was as exciting as the real deal...
Too bad for some it was just a "video game". Pathetic clowns.
Absolutely, i've been playing these games(PC sims, simpler racing games for longer)since the late 90s and it is fascinating seeing guys like Lando, Max, Charles, Albon... Many others from GT, F2, F-E (and Indy drivers), and with full focus, trying to "work their magic" to get the best result possible.

And then there are the assholes who want to ruin everything because they don't want to see someone that isn't "one of them" steal the spotlight.

siskue2005

I was watching the race live, and that move by Simon initially i thought it was a mistake, but his stream later on reveled how patheitc Simon was. He declared himself saying "lets take out Lando"
Pathetic really...either Simon should be banned or Lando should refuse to race with these salty idiots

Sevach

He did fake it well,it looked like an unfortunate accident.
But if he wants plausible deniability... maybe don't say out loud the sh... thing you are about to do.

godlameroso

Speaking of virtual GP's, am I the only one that really enjoys the Vietnam layout? I really like the fact that the corners are very long and have multiple lines. Sector 3 is both highly technical and ballsy, where you really have to hustle the car while being precise at high speeds. The super long straights force you to compromise your downforce. I'm guessing the real thing will have more sausage kerbs and Verstoppers to keep people from taking the more ambitious lines. Although I think it would make overtaking impossible if there are too many off track restrictions, or considerations. I can see at least 3 places where passing is possible. Very enjoyable to drive as well.
Saishū kōnā

LM10

Don't know if it has been mentioned already, but in tomorrow's race Sergio Agüero from ManCity, Courtois from Real Madrid and Arthur from FC Barcelona will take part too. Let's see how it's gonna end. :lol:
My guess is Leclerc or Albon for the win.