F1 Beating Aerodynamics

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Slo Poke

Re: F1 Beating Aerodynamics

humble sabot wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 07:32
Slo Poke wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 13:46
car goes fast
What does any of that have to do with aerodynamic choices? What the heck "item" are you talking about?
Humble Sabot.
Believe me my Friend I would really like to tell/explain to you exactly what the ‘item’ is. I really would. Alas that is what I unfortunately did back in 2013 with Mercedes Brackely. Whereupon I was as good as told through legal jargon ‘now piss off’ and here I quote ‘as none of your future letters will be read by anyone of any consequence’. With the ‘item’ being worth billions you can probably see why I am reluctant to disclose it on this or any other forum.
The device in question has been offered to Red Bull twice. On the second occasion Mr. Horner’s PA informed me that Mr. Horner would only accept, what is my invention, in letter form.
As for Honda, who knows or cares?

Just_a_fan

You sound like autogyro. You're not him are you? :shock:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Slo Poke

Greg Locock wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 12:28
You'd go to a fan car.

Failing that here's a shot from my handy ready reckoner.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/37b9/ ... es246g.jpg
Greg Locock.
Yes! You are exactly right. It would be a fan car but with a considerable difference.

Slo Poke

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 14:19
You sound like autogyro. You're not him are you? :shock:
Now just you see here Just a Fan! I’ve got delicate sensibilities and I’m simply confused. I’ve confronted Slo Poke about all this and he looked back from the mirror a bit bemused to say the least.

humble sabot

Slo Poke wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 14:15
Humble Sabot.
Believe me my Friend I would really like to tell/explain to you exactly what the ‘item’ is. I really would. Alas that is what I unfortunately did back in 2013 with Mercedes Brackely. Whereupon I was as good as told through legal jargon ‘now piss off’ and here I quote ‘as none of your future letters will be read by anyone of any consequence’. With the ‘item’ being worth billions you can probably see why I am reluctant to disclose it on this or any other forum.
The device in question has been offered to Red Bull twice. On the second occasion Mr. Horner’s PA informed me that Mr. Horner would only accept, what is my invention, in letter form.
So, magic? With no description, it's as good as magic. What's the point?
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Slo Poke

humble sabot wrote:
10 May 2020, 08:54
Slo Poke wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 14:15
Humble Sabot.
So, magic? With no description, it's as good as magic. What's the point?
HATRED.

I’ll put something together. May pm you or simply splash it out for all, or for where it was ‘intended’ shortly. Even though it’s gonna be difficult to keep an overwhelming desire to destroy in check.

Slo Poke

Wasn’t nuffink I done! I never did nothin’! Okay, I sent ‘im a private message... but I didn’t use any magic!..?

gruntguru

Of course Gordon Murray's new thing is a fan car.

The other essential is AWD with independent torque vectoring. All electric is probably the easiest way to get there.

Next item. Four wheel steer-by-wire. Let a computer operate each tyre at its optimum slip angle (the torque vectoring system already has each tyre operating at its optimum slip ratio).
je suis charlie

Slo Poke

Gruntguru.
Very interesting post my Friend, alas Mr. Murray appears to have missed a trick. His ‘actual’ car is hampered by road regulation, whereas my ‘dream’ Valkyrie would not be. That would mainly be because, for road use, my f1 beating levels of downforce would be switched off, out of harms way. Even so, it would still remain capable of producing downforce. Blimey! Doesn’t seem possible does it, troubling as that may be, it’s perfectly feasible.
Torque vectoring is presently being used in Grand Prix racing by both merc and Ferrari, so that’s not so new and I’ll bet on both those cars it’s being governed by computer. So! Gruntguru. What else you got?

Tim.Wright

As far as I understand TV is illegal so I doubt anyone are using it.
Not the engineer at Force India

flynfrog

OOh another one of these. these are the best we should hook him up with the guy that had the magic engine.
You have obviously never heard of the flynfrog car. It does everything yours does but 14% better.

If you want anyone to take you seriously bring data or else go away.

Slo Poke

Tim. Wright.
TV’s illegal eh? How about a computer controlled, solidly locked differential that answers to steering input, into and throughout any corner type to exit and beyond? That also happens to be fully compliant to all types of braking and acceleration phases.

Tim.Wright

A controlled clutch plate diff, as used for around 20 years now, is not torque vectoring. It can only bias torque from the faster wheel to the slower and not the other way around. TV systems can do both.

So no, it's not torque vectoring.
Not the engineer at Force India

Slo Poke

Flynfrog and a Moderator no less.
Well,..! There’s a thing.
I have to admit I’m not overly fond of being presented with an ultimatum on what the opening poster declared a fun thread. So,.. what-a-to-do? If by chance you yourself are not able to, would you mind asking Stephen to terminate my association with the Forum completely please. Bye.

Just_a_fan

flynfrog wrote:
15 May 2020, 16:42
OOh another one of these. these are the best we should hook him up with the guy that had the magic engine.
You have obviously never heard of the flynfrog car. It does everything yours does but 14% better.

If you want anyone to take you seriously bring data or else go away.
:lol: :lol: =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.