Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GPR-A

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Racer X wrote:
13 May 2020, 00:33
PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 May 2020, 19:42
So Eddie Jordan gets it right again?
I guess so Eddie Jordan has been calling things right for years now. Can some one ask him when Newcastle United will win a Championship please.
If it's a matter of contract, then he can definitely help you with that prediction.

ENGINE TUNER

Sevach wrote:
12 May 2020, 21:39
I agree with everybody saying Bottas is the perfect situation for everyone involved.
Proven solid driver and not a trouble maker.
From Valterri's perspective, he gets a change of scenery where he might have better chances.

The only thing that tops that from Ferrari's perspective would be Hamilton himself, not only you get a fantastic driver but a big part of what makes Mercedes... Mercedes.
Plus i think it would a lot of fun to see Hamilton in Red vs Sebastian in silver.

All this Leclerc "needs to be protected" is stupid, if he needs an average driver beside him than he isn't worthy of being Ferrari's lead.
LEC had an average driver next to him in 2019 and DEMOLISHED him, sent him running for mama. LEC is a championship level driver already given the correct car.
BOT is in a good place and need not move unless not offered a Merc contract for 2021. To be the best you must beat the best AT THEIR BEST. HAM is the best right now, BOT is man enough to continue to take on that challenge in a sporting way. He has improved immensely from even his 2017 form and has bettered HAM on a more consistent basis than ROS did in any year against HAM.

ENGINE TUNER

graham.reeds wrote:
13 May 2020, 00:03
Maldonado to Ferrari!
The crash damage bill would be lower than Vettel's

selvam_e2002

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
13 May 2020, 02:41
graham.reeds wrote:
Maldonado to Ferrari!
I agree with "All this Leclerc "needs to be protected" is stupid, if he needs an average driver beside him than he isn't worthy of being Ferrari's lead."

Is Lecrec Champion Driver -- Don't know

Vettel and Lecrec are in same level, I think like Vettel Lecrec overrated in Ferrari but in Vettel case he got 4WCC.

Lecrec did not prove anything yet. It is stupid idea to support Lecrec in Ferrari. Lecrec will realize if he did not win WCC with Ferrari.

Every one cannot be Hamilton. He own in second year in F1. It cannot happen more often.

We need to watch how Lecrec going to handle all the pressure from ferrari. It is very stupid idea or Ferrari may think there chances are already faded to win WCC and WDC for next major rule change in 2025.(i.e including engine tech change).

in my point of view it is stupid idea.

Starscreamer

What I hope..
Max to Ferrari or Alonso to Ferrari.

What I expected....
Sainz to Ferrari.
Vettel to McLaren for big cash.
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Just_a_fan

Max isn't going anywhere. He's under contract to Red Bull and there's no way they'd let him go. Max certainly isn't rich enough to buy himself out. Also, Max probably thinks that Red Bull have more chance of winning a title in the next year or two, so why move? Also, he's the number one driver at Red Bull where the boss is on his side and wants him to be the next champion. That's not going to be the case at Ferrari so, again, why move?

Alonso won't be going to Ferrari. Ferrari don't want a guy at the end of his career to replace one that is getting towards the end of his. Well, maybe if Alonso rings them up and offers to drive for free. Maybe then.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wouter

Starscreamer wrote:
13 May 2020, 10:16

What I expected....
Sainz to Ferrari.
Vettel to McLaren for big cash.
Italian #F1 journalist Leo Turrini claims Daniel Ricciardo has already agreed a move to McLaren
to replace Ferrari-bound Carlos Sainz. :?:
Could well be true. But take it with a pinch of salt, and ......

The engagement of @ Carlossainz55 to @ScuderiaFerrari is already done.
Official announcement expected tomorrow @Gazzetta_it
The Power of Dreams!

DChemTech

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 May 2020, 10:42
Max isn't going anywhere. He's under contract to Red Bull and there's no way they'd let him go. Max certainly isn't rich enough to buy himself out. Also, Max probably thinks that Red Bull have more chance of winning a title in the next year or two, so why move? Also, he's the number one driver at Red Bull where the boss is on his side and wants him to be the next champion. That's not going to be the case at Ferrari so, again, why move?

Alonso won't be going to Ferrari. Ferrari don't want a guy at the end of his career to replace one that is getting towards the end of his. Well, maybe if Alonso rings them up and offers to drive for free. Maybe then.
Yeah, Max going to Ferrari is as logical as reinstating communism. The only sensible reason you would do it is because you like the look of red. Other than that, there's only drawbacks. The team is worse, odds at a championship are equal or worse, his position would be worse, and top-down support would be worse.

FrukostScones

VET at Mercedes would be fun.
All other options doesn't make too much sense:
RB: not going to happen, but would be a good match.
McLaren: See Danny RIC rumors.
Renault: too masochistic
Aston Martin: could be something but a bit flat
Sauber: why?
Toro Rosso: no
Williams: no
Haas: maybe, but no :mrgreen:

So I guess it is retirement or Renault. I hope then it is retirement.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ENGINE TUNER

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 May 2020, 07:44
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
13 May 2020, 02:41
graham.reeds wrote:
Maldonado to Ferrari!
I agree with "All this Leclerc "needs to be protected" is stupid, if he needs an average driver beside him than he isn't worthy of being Ferrari's lead."

Is Lecrec Champion Driver -- Don't know

Vettel and Lecrec are in same level, I think like Vettel Lecrec overrated in Ferrari but in Vettel case he got 4WCC.

Lecrec did not prove anything yet. It is stupid idea to support Lecrec in Ferrari. Lecrec will realize if he did not win WCC with Ferrari.

Every one cannot be Hamilton. He own in second year in F1. It cannot happen more often.

We need to watch how Lecrec going to handle all the pressure from ferrari. It is very stupid idea or Ferrari may think there chances are already faded to win WCC and WDC for next major rule change in 2025.(i.e including engine tech change).

in my point of view it is stupid idea.
If you watched 2019 and think VET and LEC are"in same level" then you should stop watching F1, because you are wasting your time watching something that you don't understand.

UlleGulle

Just a question. When did Ferrari last field two drivers with only two race-wins between them? Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger?

Mamba

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
13 May 2020, 12:32
If you watched 2019 and think VET and LEC are"in same level" then you should stop watching F1, because you are wasting your time watching something that you don't understand.
There was a 24 points difference between them across 21 races? That is hardly schooled him is it? All 2019 showed me was Vettel really, really needs a car that suits him and a team that 100% backs him. Leclerc pitched up with no pressure on him (he was the rookie, if he placed top 6 where the car should be it would be a job well done) and proved himself way more adaptable to driving a car that isn't perfect. If 2020 ever get's underway we might see something different, might not. Leclerc is clearly the future and he has shown himself superior in wheel to wheel combat vs Vettel but let's see how he performs as the Nr.1 driver when Vettel is gone.

nzjrs

If Riccardo to McL is the new rumour, would be cool to see Guanyu Zhou called up to F1.

jumpingfish

Lec and Vet really are the same level, both spin without any contact (Lec crashed during Qualy in Hungary same as Vettel behind Hamilton) , both made mistake at start at Japan gp ( wtf Lec did at start? Counts birds in the sky?) Bottas started well and Lec just lost position when Vet jumpstarted. Also it was Lec who crashed there with Max. It was Lecler who finished Qualy in Baku in the barriers. It was Lec who didn't finish in Monaco after contact with Renault (despite Ferrari dropped his chance during Q day before). It was Leclerc who pushed Hamilton from track in Monza and got only black/white flag. Everyone could see his pace during Hungarian and Japan gps, when only blind couldn't see that Vettel was faster. Also I think that Lec is rotten inside (my opinion). I remember well what he did at Monza in Q3. When enginieers said to push, Lec just pretended to be a fool and forgot how to push. Karma came back at Sochi gp, when Vettel spits on team orders. So they both made enough mistakes to be on the same level.

ENGINE TUNER

Mamba wrote:
13 May 2020, 12:52
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
13 May 2020, 12:32
There was a 24 points difference between them across 21 races? That is hardly schooled him is it? All 2019 showed me was Vettel really, really needs a car that suits him and a team that 100% backs him. Leclerc pitched up with no pressure on him (he was the rookie, if he placed top 6 where the car should be it would be a job well done) and proved himself way more adaptable to driving a car that isn't perfect. If 2020 ever get's underway we might see something different, might not. Leclerc is clearly the future and he has shown himself superior in wheel to wheel combat vs Vettel but let's see how he performs as the Nr.1 driver when Vettel is gone.
Who was clearly better in Bahrain? France? Austria? Silverstone? Spa? Monza? Singapore? Russia? And several others. Do you people watch the points table or the races? LEC was much better, made less mistakes AND suffered more from reliability/Ferrari mistakes. It was complete DOMINATION. A domination that we haven't seen a multi wdc driver suffer since RIC DOMINATED Vettel in 2014. Stop looking at silly points table and watch the races. Vettel got his pants pulled down and his backside spanked by a 2nd year driver.