Fantasy Livery Thread, again

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Fantasy Livery Thread, again

We've been long past of 18/19 off-season and since it would be confusing to stay posting in that thread,
let's start a new one.

let's start with a very nice Mclaren livery, would be swell, but offcourse looks too much Haas.
BUT i think it looks amazing.

But it'll surely be like this

then, this amazing livery.
alonso recently posted something blue in the Renault twitter account.
would be great to see something like this!

expecting something more like this though

here's an alfa romeo one

and this would look cooler i think

and here a alpha tauri one

was expecting something like this before though

and for now, a very Marlboro-esque Ferrari livery

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

astracrazy

Re: Fantasy Livery Thread, again

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Feb 2020, 19:53
We've been long past of 18/19 off-season and since it would be confusing to stay posting in that thread,
let's start a new one.

let's start with a very nice Mclaren livery, would be swell, but offcourse looks too much Haas.
BUT i think it looks amazing.

https://i.redd.it/7jj4ihtsbjc41.jpg
Swap the chrome orange and white around and that would look amazing

bosyber

The Husky Alfa looks a bit too much like the manor to me (when it had the rose patterned in it), and personally I prefer the yellow/white/black Renault to the one with a blue body put in, honestly. Still, some very nice liveries, good to dream, well done!

El Scorchio

Fantastic photoshop skills on display there. Not keen on some of the concepts, but whoever created them has some talent.

Starscreamer

Unfortunately in real everything will look (almost) the same as last year :(
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Holm86

Starscreamer wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 13:48
I agree, I don't understand why teams are so conservative when it comes to livery designs, theres plenty of oppertunity to make something cool and special, and that cant be a bad thing from a marketing point of view

GM7

Manoah2u

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

JordanMugen

Holm86 wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 14:16
Starscreamer wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 13:48
I agree, I don't understand why teams are so conservative when it comes to livery designs, theres plenty of oppertunity to make something cool and special, and that cant be a bad thing from a marketing point of view
Continuity. It's convenient for the sponsors if promotional material remains "current" across many, many seasons. For casual fans, it makes the team's colours much easier to recognise too.

Most of the iconic liveries are ones that were around for a long time IMO. :)

That brand recognition: oh that pink car is a Force India (or not!), oh that matte dark blue car is a Red Bull, oh that red car is a Ferrari (of course), oh that silver car is a Mercedes, and so on.

In the V8 Supercars series it's quite the opposite: some of the teams change their liveries dramatically between seasons: from black to white, from red to silver, and so on. When watching the first race of the season even a fan of the sport (let alone a casual fan) can get quite confused as most of the colour schemes have changed so dramatically.

Meanwhile other teams make subtle but noticeable changes -- the problem is that when fans are looking back at the photos: is that from 2017, or 2018, or 2015, or 2014? Stuffed if I can remember! :wtf: The livery changes but nothing of substance changes in the sponsor layout, so was it really worth changing the livery? :)

In this context, the continuity of the Shell V-Power Team Penske livery that never changes is something of a relief even! :)

coaster

Would love to see Hondas 'real racer' RR logo from the 90's stamped on the side of a Honda powered car.