Something for Ferrari fans...

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
AJI
AJI

Something for Ferrari fans...

Enjoy!

NathanOlder

Re: Something for Ferrari fans...

Did I not read that it was filmed using a Mercedes ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

AJI
AJI

NathanOlder wrote:
26 May 2020, 09:06
Yes, but who the fcuk knows for sure anyway?? Either way, it's still awesome footage, no?

NathanOlder

AJI wrote:
26 May 2020, 11:32
NathanOlder wrote:
Yes, but who the fcuk knows for sure anyway?? Either way, it's still awesome footage, no?
Definitely, I just thought it was funny that they may have used a Mercedes and pretended it was a Ferrari.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
Yep, and it was a battleship of a Merc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%27%C3%A ... endez-vous
Shot in a single take, it is an example of cinéma-vérité. The length of the film was limited by the short capacity of the 1000 foot 35mm film reel, and filmed from a (supposedly) gyro-stabilised camera mounted on the bumper of a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9. A photo has surfaced that seems to reveal an Eclair cam-flex 35mm camera with a wide angle lens, and a typical "speed rail" hard mount—no gyros—on a Mercedes. This model, which could reach a top speed of 235 km/h (146 mph), was only available with a three-speed automatic transmission. Lelouch drove his own car himself and claimed that the top speed achieved was around 200 km/h in the 1.3 km avenue Foch.[1] Lelouch also claimed during a "making of" documentary that the soundtrack was dubbed with the sound of Lelouch's Ferrari 275GTB, which has a corresponding number of gears and a V-12 sound that is quite distinct from that of any V8, including the 6.9 litre V8 of the alleged Mercedes camera car.
197 104 103 7