So what will F1 teams do this year?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
izzy

Re: So what will F1 teams do this year?

Jambier wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 14:43
izzy wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 11:43

Meanwhile Toto is saying he "hopes" F1 might start in the Autumn https://sport.oe24.at/motorsport/Die-Le ... /424944135
And this is hoping there isn't a big "second wave" in autumn.
Yes I'd love it to be true but i just don't see it. You'd need most people to have immunity to have any normal F1

Big Tea

I have not followed it, but to me it falls one way or the other.
A- Did he say or sugest it was him and lead others to believe it was him
B- did the publicity machine claim it was him acting without his clearance.

If B, no brob, scold and carry on.

If A, you pay X fees to have a top singer at your function, and a double turns up, what do you think then?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

nzjrs

Big Tea wrote:
27 May 2020, 12:20

If A, you pay X fees to have a top singer at your function, and a double turns up, what do you think then?
I think this basically covers it https://katyfairman.com/2020/05/26/my-h ... ssion=true

3jawchuck

nzjrs wrote:
27 May 2020, 14:18
Big Tea wrote:
I think this basically covers it https://katyfairman.com/2020/05/26/my-h ... ssion=true
"I had no doubt that Daniel would never be so malicious as to “cheat” in a charity sim racing competition."

Except, he did. But it isn't just that, he made a mockery of his series, his employer and his sponsors in a public way. He acted unprofessionally and absolutely deserved to be dropped for this behaviour. It doesn't matter that it was just a video game for charity, it was still something he was paid to do as part of his duties as an employee of Audi and a participant of Formula E.

Like it or not, the days of wrecking hotel rooms, pissing on your team mate's car and other raucous behaviour are over. Companies don't want bad optics (especially those who have had enough of that in the recent past) and there is plenty of talent out there more than willing to replace you if you misbehave.

FrukostScones

never wanted to say it to not sound trollastic but the grim reality answer is closer in the vicinity of: Go bust.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

nzjrs

3jawchuck wrote:
29 May 2020, 10:11
nzjrs wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
"I had no doubt that Daniel would never be so malicious as to “cheat” in a charity sim racing competition."

Except, he did. But it isn't just that, he made a mockery of his series, his employer and his sponsors in a public way. He acted unprofessionally and absolutely deserved to be dropped for this behaviour. It doesn't matter that it was just a video game for charity, it was still something he was paid to do as part of his duties as an employee of Audi and a participant of Formula E.

Like it or not, the days of wrecking hotel rooms, pissing on your team mate's car and other raucous behaviour are over. Companies don't want bad optics (especially those who have had enough of that in the recent past) and there is plenty of talent out there more than willing to replace you if you misbehave.
I think the author is on Twitter, or maybe you could email her?

3jawchuck

nzjrs wrote:
29 May 2020, 10:39
3jawchuck wrote:
29 May 2020, 10:11
nzjrs wrote:

I think the author is on Twitter, or maybe you could email her?
Why would I do that? I'm not in the habit of contacting random bloggers just because someone links to them.

nzjrs

3jawchuck wrote:
29 May 2020, 13:40
Why would I do that? I'm not in the habit of contacting random bloggers just because someone links to them.
I think she writes for Inside Electric FWIW (also stated in the linked post).

3jawchuck

nzjrs wrote:
29 May 2020, 14:00
3jawchuck wrote:
As I said in my previous reply, I'm not interested in contacting them, why would I. I replied to you and took the opportunity to give my general thoughts.

nzjrs

3jawchuck wrote:
29 May 2020, 14:27
nzjrs wrote:
3jawchuck wrote:
As I said in my previous reply, I'm not interested in contacting them, why would I. I replied to you and took the opportunity to give my general thoughts.
Oh oops, sorry. I misunderstood your reply then #-o

3jawchuck

nzjrs wrote:
29 May 2020, 14:37
3jawchuck wrote:
29 May 2020, 14:27
nzjrs wrote:
Oh oops, sorry. I misunderstood your reply then #-o
No worries.